‘Cross bridge and ‘long the watercourse

The rider comes on airy horse.

Savage signals warn in beat

That soon the maker they will meet!

So Sooty Smith plies his trade.

See the cowboy mount!

It’s on its way!

Name the “town.”

Hmm... Still stumped. I have a few questions: you said "The message came on an airy horse." Does that mean part of the message has already been delivered? But then you say "soon the message you will greet." I'm also a little confused: Does the "busy smith then plies his trade" refer to now or after the message arrives?

Hmm... Still stumped. I have a few questions: you said "The message came on an airy horse." Does that mean part of the message has already been delivered? But then you say "soon the message you will greet." I'm also a little confused: Does the "busy smith then plies his trade" refer to now or after the message arrives?

LOL! Good questions. What is happening? Where is this event taking place? The message has not gotten to "you" yet, though it was delivered to "town" on an "airy" horse. The smith does not "read" the message, but he is involved with passing it along to where the cowboy mounts . . . and eventually to you!

Do we need to be looking into any etymology for this one? I've currently looked up "town," "message," and "airy horse." One thing of note: There's a town in North Carolina called Mount Airy... apparently known for horses... any relation? Cowboys mounting airy horses... can't seem to find any "messages" about the town though...

Do we need to be looking into any etymology for this one? I've currently looked up "town," "message," and "airy horse." One thing of note: There's a town in North Carolina called Mount Airy... apparently known for horses... any relation? Cowboys mounting airy horses... can't seem to find any "messages" about the town though...

Mickey, everything in this riddle is a metaphor. The "airy horse" is a related metaphor, as is the "town" and "crossing the bridge." I recommend you list some key words like:

smithy

watercourse (?)

mounting cowboy

and think about them for awhile. I'm sure it'll come to you . . . or somebody? :)

EARS! Without a doubt!

Very nice Shakee. Once again you get us used to a particular direction for your riddles, then take it into uncharted territority.

OMG! Grayven you're really good at these! I think and think and then feel like an idiot because it's so obvious..yet so...not.

EARS! Without a doubt!

Very nice Shakee. Once again you get us used to a particular direction for your riddles, then take it into uncharted territority.

Say What!!!! Well done!

Audible Sound is nothing more than change in pressure through the medium it travels, in our standard case . . . air. It crosses the “bridge” of the outer ear and enters the ear “canal.” The pressure waves vibrate the ear drum, which in turn stimulates the hammer and anvil (where blacksmith plies his trade) and finally it stimulates the stapes or stirrup (where cowboys mount). The rest of the journey wasn’t conducive to making the riddle so I stopped there.

Good job Grayven. You did it again.