BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Boredom Riddle

Shakeepuddn

Question

Worms in my head to my toe;

“Get them out!” I so long to shout.

And I’ve sure been around for awhile—

Just check out at my throat! Do you wonder I choke?

Hindering spirit both lively and old,

I stop all the fun, and it takes only one.

I’m so bored with the carousal punch,

So leave me alone, my work here is done!

I’m just wishing that I could go fishing,

(So I can show you the fish hot on the dish!)

:P

• Answers 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Worms in my head to my toe;

“Get them out!” I so long to shout.

And I’ve sure been around for awhile—

Just check out at my throat! Do you wonder I choke?

Hindering spirit both lively and old,

I stop all the fun, and it takes only one.

I’m so bored with the carousal punch,

So leave me alone, my work here is done! What are always staying in the earth, punch always destroy their home.

I am just wishing that I could go fishing,

(So I can show you the fish hot on the dish!) what can be used to fishing? .

earthworm

Edited by Fabry

Worm and Throat both have a nautical defination.

Can this be some sort of sail or boat rigging?

Rope, a fouled line spoiling a tackle, breezes in a sail.

I'm just stumped here.

Edited by theharangue

that guy from movie of worms, he has to eat worms to prove bully and it was tough for him cuz it was pracically choking him... but in end, he did success, ruin all the fun from bully, i am just throwing ideas

I know this cant be the answer because of the AVA hint but its an idea which no one else has said yet.

Howabout the word Worms actialy means Wyrms (dragons)

Worms from our heads to our toes,........................... Meaning its a dragon from its head to its toes

“Get them out!” we long to shout............................... Maybe anyone who trys to steal their hoard

And we’ve sure been around for awhile—................... Suposidly they are ment to live for thousands of years

Just check out our throats! See how we choke?.......... They would be the worst chain smokers in the world

Hindering spry spirit and old,.................................... They hinder people, They have a spry spirit (fairly resiliant), See line 3

We stop all the fun (though it only takes one)............. One dragon could prety much stop a party instantly

We’re so bored with the carousal punch,.................... No Idea

Now leave us alone, our work here is done!............... Finished destroying something and want to rest

We're just wishing that we could go fishing,................ Maybe bored of red meat

(and we’ll show you the fish hot on the dish!)............. Would be fairly hot when it has been cooked

I know its wrong but hey i dont care :D

Edited by Mad Twit

that guy from movie of worms, he has to eat worms to prove bully and it was tough for him cuz it was pracically choking him... but in end, he did success, ruin all the fun from bully, i am just throwing ideas

how to eat fried worms? I know I read a book called that and that a movie came out.

ummm...

i dont know...but im guessing something to do with alcohol...

makes no sense now but....

Worms - a spiral pipe in a still in which alcohol condense

“Get them out!” we long to shout - loud people?

And we’ve sure been around for awhile - yes alcohol...is very old!!!

Just check out our throats! See how we choke? - im thinkin shots?

spirit - a strong alcoholic liquor made by distillation

We stop all the fun (though it only takes one) - one fool who pukes...spoils it!

carousal punch - alcoholic party/ gathering

Now leave us alone, our work here is done - no idea...the thought of a drunk dude?

We're just wishing that we could go fishing, - another intresting thing u would like to do when ur drunk

(and we’ll show you the fish hot on the dish!) -food after getting drunk...always good

it also sounds like im an alcoholic...im not really! -_-

Keyword help.

Yes, it does have something to do with alcohol.

Worms from our heads to our toes,

“Get them out!” we long to shout.

And we’ve sure been around for awhile—

Just check out our throats! See how we choke?

Hindering spry spirit and old,

We stop all the fun (though it only takes one).

We’re so bored with the carousal punch,

Now leave us alone, our work here is done!

We're just wishing that we could go fishing,

(and we’ll show you the fish hot on the dish!)

Keyword help.

Yes, it does have something to do with alcohol.

Worms from our heads to our toes,

“Get them out!” we long to shout.

And we’ve sure been around for awhile—

Just check out our throats! See how we choke?

Hindering spry spirit and old,

We stop all the fun (though it only takes one).

We’re so bored with the carousal punch,

Now leave us alone, our work here is done!

We're just wishing that we could go fishing,

(and we’ll show you the fish hot on the dish!)

Ahhhh!!!!! I thought of that along time ago and game up when you said nothing about my post..... hmmm..... now i have think of that again

my first guess was a bottle of tequila (that one from mexico with a worm in it) because of the words "spirit" and "carousal" etc. etc. I wish you had said alcohol was on the right track earlier!!

How about a cork then? It "hinders" the spirit from coming out of the bottle by obstructing the bottle's neck sort of like a throat choking on something. You need to "bore" a hole into it with a worm corkscrew to pull it out. And after you pop the cork out, you can tie it to a fishing line and use it as a float when going fishing.

It seems to fit everything! I sure hope that's right.

my first guess was a bottle of tequila (that one from mexico with a worm in it) because of the words "spirit" and "carousal" etc. etc. I wish you had said alcohol was on the right track earlier!!

How about a cork then? It "hinders" the spirit from coming out of the bottle by obstructing the bottle's neck sort of like a throat choking on something. You need to "bore" a hole into it with a worm corkscrew to pull it out. And after you pop the cork out, you can tie it to a fishing line and use it as a float when going fishing.

It seems to fit everything! I sure hope that's right.

Cheers to the Wiz, who aced the "pop" quiz!

The metal screw portion of a corkscrew is called the “worm.” To extract corks properly you must bore through them entirely. Corks have been in use for about 350 years. Before that, oil soaked rags were used. The cork functions by stopping the neck of the bottle (choking the throat). It prevents (hinders) the spirits (lively like champagne and aged like wine) from escaping, though one could also say it benefits the alcohol through preservation and aging. The cork is “bored” by the corkscrew, a type of “punch” that pushes through the material. For quite a long while and still to this day, corks are used on fishing lines as bobbers to “show” when a fish is hot for the bait (dish . . . on the hook that is!)

:P

Well done.

Edited by Shakeepuddn

I'm getting a permanent slap-mark on my forehead because of you, Shakee. This one was right in my wheel house too! If I knew as much about the corkscrew as I do about the wine itself I would have solved this one quickly.

Nice.

wow...this may seem really lame...but im kinda proud for strearing people in the right direction....yay to me!!! lol

well done!!! and thank you! :D finally i can sleep!!!