BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Masterword

Ok, so going back to the original clue...."it's not on my desk, but i wish it were". As far as i know, Jeroboam was one of the Kings of Israel back in the Old Testament times. Is there another meaning to the word that I'm unaware of?

Jeroboam and Rehoboam were 2 words on my list that have since been disproven but I didn't consider them because I didn't know of any other meanings outside of proper names.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so going back to the original clue...."it's not on my desk, but i wish it were". As far as i know, Jeroboam was one of the Kings of Israel back in the Old Testament times. Is there another meaning to the word that I'm unaware of?

Jeroboam and Rehoboam were 2 words on my list that have since been disproven but I didn't consider them because I didn't know of any other meanings outside of proper names.

It's a wine bottle size. I just had a delve in Miriam Webster: in the US also.

Edited by fabpig

I see what WbB did wrong ---chainsaw - xo the last a is correct -->x the first a is in jeroboam but wrong spot - o

Mayhaps he set up an excel spreadsheet, as I did, and forgot to ignore already x'ed letters (as I once had :( )

I see what WbB did wrong ---chainsaw - xo the last a is correct -->x the first a is in jeroboam but wrong spot - o

Mayhaps he set up an excel spreadsheet, as I did, and forgot to ignore already x'ed letters (as I once had :( )

Yeah...missed that. Which only goes to prove that even wombats and pigs are only human. :blink:

Sorry - "there's none so blind as those that will not see"

I really did double double check but still missed it :(

As I can't edit the erroneous post anymore...

millions - xo

brunette - ooo

computer - oooo

tequilas - xx

chainsaw - xo

paycheck - oo

tendrils - xo

untoward - xoo

business - oo

trombone - xxoooo

pentagon - xoo

rambutan - xooo (not xoooo)

brambles - xoooo

As per solman's post 'rambutan' did appear to add two As but both As were scored instead of one (one is in the right place and one in the wrong))

Wow - sorry folks. I still missed the chainsaw error, even after repeated checks! and maurice is spot on with both the word and that excel was the tool.

This is very embarassing and I can only apologise for wasting your time.

panacea - xxo

pandora - ooo

opiates - xxo

lieabed - xxx

fleeced - xx

dreamer - xxxx

jugated - xx

(I'm not actually sure that jugated is a word as jugate is an adjective already and not a verb :unsure: , but scored anyhow)