reality xoo

islands xo

sneaker oo

village xxoo

visible xxoo

empires xxo

Implode xoo

eighths oo

Something is still wrong here DMS. umpires and empires only have a difference of 1 letter, yet empires has 2 x's and 1 o while umpires has 1 x and 1 o. Therefore the only possible conclusion would be that the e in empires is correct, but since eighths doesn't have any x's then something is still wrong. May I direct you to the "others section" to find Captain Ed's spreadsheet to use. It is very helpful when hosting a Masterword. The link is right here.

Edited by Gmaster479

I agree with WilsonsMum (as always): these answers are very hard to satisfy. Even if I disregard the difference between Xs and Os, I'm left with only one scenario before factoring in the unguessed letters. Here's my argument:

How many E's? 0,1,2 (or more)

* Umpires-Empires shows that the 2nd E is worth more than U. Thus there are at least 2 E and 0 U.

How many I? 0, 1, 2 or more

* if II, then 0:umprsnakghtco (that means, "there are 0 letters in 'umprsnakghtco'"), so

--"absolve" requires 2 in BLV, while "visible" requires 1 in BLV. Therefore it is NOT II.

* if I, then 0:umprsnakght

--How many V? 0, 1, 2 or more

----"realtor" shows 1 in LO

----"involve shows 1 in LO, 1 in V

----"viscous" shows 0 in CO

----"village" shows only 1 L

----0:umprsnakghtcobdy

----E: 2 (or more)

----I: 1

----V: 1

----L: 1

----the only letters unguessed are FJQWXZ

* if no I, then 0:uisnakr

--"absolve" has 2 in VBLO, while "visible" has 3 in VBL, therefore it is NOT No I.

So, in terms of E, I, and V, we are forced to accept LIVEE (and maybe more E, but no more L, I, or V) and something from the unguessed letters (FJQWXZ). I guess we can remove the Q because of the lack of U.

If there's a word in there, (and I'm not saying there isn't) I'll be excited to see it!

I agree with WilsonsMum (as always): these answers are very hard to satisfy. Even if I disregard the difference between Xs and Os, I'm left with only one scenario before factoring in the unguessed letters. Here's my argument:

How many E's? 0,1,2 (or more)

* Umpires-Empires shows that the 2nd E is worth more than U. Thus there are at least 2 E and 0 U.

How many I? 0, 1, 2 or more

* if II, then 0:umprsnakghtco (that means, "there are 0 letters in 'umprsnakghtco'"), so

--"absolve" requires 2 in BLV, while "visible" requires 1 in BLV. Therefore it is NOT II.

* if I, then 0:umprsnakght

--How many V? 0, 1, 2 or more

----"realtor" shows 1 in LO

----"involve shows 1 in LO, 1 in V

----"viscous" shows 0 in CO

----"village" shows only 1 L

----0:umprsnakghtcobdy

----E: 2 (or more)

----I: 1

----V: 1

----L: 1

----the only letters unguessed are FJQWXZ

* if no I, then 0:uisnakr

--"absolve" has 2 in VBLO, while "visible" has 3 in VBL, therefore it is NOT No I.

So, in terms of E, I, and V, we are forced to accept LIVEE (and maybe more E, but no more L, I, or V) and something from the unguessed letters (FJQWXZ). I guess we can remove the Q because of the lack of U.

If there's a word in there, (and I'm not saying there isn't) I'll be excited to see it!

How are you getting CO in umprsnakghtco?

Viscous does not have an I+E, EE, nor II, so its second letter can be any of COV.

If so, then BLV in visible could be the B or L, and absolve could have B or L + O.

So... iieeo, b or l, plus another consonant. Oilijee? I think not. So nevermind... like you said, it ain't II.

I'm going to trust you did the rest of your work right... so... LIVEE + 2 of FJWXZ

I've flew. Ha. Vix flee.

Felview...

lieve...

Crap, forgot there can be more than two e's.

In case B isn't really eliminated...

Believe?

Actually, if the word was believe, the X's and O's would be:

involve : xxoo

realtor : xo

umpires : xo

absolve : xxoo

reality : xoo

islands : xo

sneaker : oo

village : xxoo

visible : xxooo

empires : xoo

implode : xoo

eighths : oo

viscous : oo

virtues : ooo

But the answers are:

involve xxoo

realtor xo

umpires xo

absolve xoo

reality xoo

islands xo

sneaker oo

village xxoo

visible xxxo

empires xoo

implode xoo

eighths oo

viscous oo

virtues ooo

Keep looking :)

Edited by WilsonsMum

And here's the verdict by looking at Xs and Os: it isn't possible:

According to the posted answers,

* no Xs in VISCOUS, hence VISIBLE has its 3 Xs from ---I-LE

* As there is only one I and only one L, no other I or L is a hit, therefore

* ISLANDS can't have 1 x, as the I and the L are out of position.

I'm impressed at Darthnoob's suggestion of BELIEVE. As Chickadee points out, it isn't a perfect match with the posted answers, but the posted answers are wrong. This is a far more challenging round of Masterword, isn't it? What word comes CLOSEST to meeting these answers? I've seen you, Chickadee, come up with answers in spite of imperfect posted answers, and that impressed me, too.

As for me, when the answers are wrong, I get overwhelmed, so I'll wait.

Been thinking about this, and drawing up nothing. Though I did find the coolest word nobody ever uses: vinylic!

A had a thought: what if the last two words were meant to be x's rather than o's? Would that make it solvable?