BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hello all,

I have returned to the den. I have internet at my flat now, so should be able to make regular occurrences here again. To get back into the mindset of the weird and wacky thinking, the way of the den, I am stating back with a game. It is hopefully new to you guys ( not sure what everyone has been up to, though I do notice some post counts have increased a lot). Enjoy.

The Scenario:

One year ago, Robert Killingsworth bought the farm. Six months later he was dead — leaving his widow Elizabeth to tend to their fledging vineyard and winery on the outskirts of California's wine country. With mounting debts and no idea how to run a business, Elizabeth is desperate to sell the farm and recoup her losses. The fierce drought and shaky economy, however have left Killlngsworth Farm on the market for far too long.

One early autumn day, six people passed through the gates of Killingsworth Farm to see Elizabeth...

One of them, a cold—blooded Killer:

Michael Nightshade — This real estate developer from New York arrived unannounced with plans to buy Killingsworth Farm and develop it into a low-cost housing community. His boss ordered him to obtain the Killlngsworth land at any cost...

Dr. Chelsea Barren — After suffering a nervous breakdown, this psychiatrist and near-best-selling author moved to Northern California to relax... but she moved next door to the Killingsworths instead.

Enrique Graves — This young drifter wandered onto Killingsworth Farm last year just as Robert and Elizabeth were moving in. Elizabeth took a liking to Enrique and he has lived on the farm ever since — tending to the fie|ds... among other things.

Vicki D’Adly - Elizabeth’s estranged sister from New Jersey, she and her husband were traveling on vacation when Vicki decided to drop by Killingsworth Farm for a visit... a surprise visit.

Norman D’Adly - A real estate broker from New Jersey and husband to Vicki, Norman is trying to salvage his job and his marriage while travelling across the country on vacation.

Kathryn Lawless — Best friend to Elizabeth, this local librarian and historian has a flare for the eccentric. She lives down the road with her 15 cats and loves true crime - especially the mysterious unsolved death of Robert Killingsworth.

Which of these people has a secret worth killing for? Come to Killingsworth Farm and find out before it is too late?

Signup:

Michael Nightshade -

Dr. Chelsea Barren -

Enrique Graves -

Vicki D’Adly -

Norman D’Adly -

Kathryn Lawless -

Detectives ( maximum of 4 )

These detective roles don't take part in the story, but they can interograte the players involved in the story.

• Answers 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Wait, so we make up our own stories and secrets? This could be interesting...<insert plotting face here>

<(^-^)>

I give you base story, and then you can make up stuff on top of that!

I was hoping to get a role *sighs* Glad you are back, Talie! :D This game looks fun!

Thanks, Its good to be back

Hey tal, after reading the game rules and everything I don't think I'll be able to play this game full throttle so ST will replace me, I hope you don't mind... I'll still be here as a detective and reading the posts ;)

Ok thats fine.

Ok after some consideration I have decided to offer positions on the order which people showed interest on the forum..

Here we go.

I'm sorry for the people who missed out, hopefully there will be a next time. I have decided to increase the number of Detectives (because they ony ask questions/ throw theories around etc) to accommodate everyone who show interest.

So once I have confirmation from the 5 people in the story, the game will start if not by tommorrow this time, I will ask the detectives to join up..

Signup:

1. Michael Nightshade - Kathleen (Kat)

2. Dr. Chelsea Barren - Slick

3. Enrique Graves - clozobozo

4. Vicki D’Adly - woon

5. Norman D’Adly - Riranor

6. Kathryn Lawless - Star Tiger

These detective roles don't take part in the story, but they can interograte the players involved in the story.

1. Andromeda

2. Grey Cells

3. Regan

4. Star Tiger

5. Kay

6. Yoruichi-san

Edit: Had GC in twice..

Edited by taliesin

1. Andromeda

2. Grey Cells

3. Regan

4. Star Tiger

5. Kay

6. Yoruichi-san

Edit: Had GC in twice..

Yess! I knew my talent for pulling things off at the last minute would come in handy on Brainden someday.

Signup:

2. Dr. Chelsea Barren - Slick

4. Vicki D’Adly - woon

6. Kathryn Lawless - ST

1. Andromeda

2. Grey Cells

3. Renan

4. Kay

5. Yoruichi-san

As much as I would love to be a character and a detective, I don't think that it will work out all that well :P And I confirm my role? :D

Slick says he would perfer a detective role, so Kay you are up if you want?

Signup:

2. Dr. Chelsea Barren - Kay

4. Vicki D’Adly - woon

1. Andromeda

2. Grey Cells

3. Regan

4. Yoruichi-san

5. Slick

Slick says he would perfer a detective role, so Kay you are up if you want?

Signup:

4. Vicki D’Adly - woon

1. Andromeda

2. Grey Cells

3. Regan

4. Yoruichi-san

5. Slick

Yayz!

It might be too late but if you need a role because of an inactive or a detective let me know

I believe you can still join as a detective, since Talie had me down as a detective but I was already a character :lol: So, I'm sure Talie worked it out so that 6 detectives will be fine :D

It might be too late but if you need a role because of an inactive or a detective let me know

I believe you can still join as a detective, since Talie had me down as a detective but I was already a character :lol: So, I'm sure Talie worked it out so that 6 detectives will be fine :D

Ok.. You are in as a detective.. Though because there are 12 people, I might need help judging the winners..

If all go well I should be able to post the start of the game before I go to Martial Arts.. :D

Ok.. You are in as a detective.. Though because there are 12 people, I might need help judging the winners..

If all go well I should be able to post the start of the game before I go to Martial Arts.. :D

Dude you take Martial Arts? Awesome XD [/randomness]

<(^-^)>

Round 1 - Introductions

I have posted players their round 1 suspect information.

Before the end of the round everyone must introduce themselves. Use the information specified in the profile, feel free to develop it more, add history, and more finer points in detail. But remember to keep in character and try and not do anything which you believe you character wouldn't.

Someone has round 1 clue, and they must reveal it to the group before the end of the round. If the round is dragging on, I will post ( in red ) information/ questions to get everyone heading in the correct direction.

Also note that BTSC should not be required in this game, and I ask all BTSC which takes place gets CC'ed to me. If I decide it is necessary then will post to the group. Players will miss out on valuable information and have a lesser chance in winning in the end.

Remember people in the story will post in BLUE, and try to use character names ( as I may post on behalf of players if I need to)

Good Luck.

The Scenario: ( for the benefits of the detectives)

The sun is setting beyond the rolling hills of California’s lush wine country, and you find yourself standing in the front hall of the main house on Killingsworth Farms.

You arrived earlier today to see Elizabeth Killingsworth, a recent widow who, due to hard times, is looking to sell the farm that she and her husband purchased just over a year ago.

Five others have joined you in the hall. Elizabeth, however, is not present. The strangers around you are looking at you with interest. You help yourself to a glass of wine from the hall table and introduce yourself.

Roles:

4. Vicki D’Adly - woon

Detectives

1. Andromeda

2. Grey Cells

3. Regan

4. Yoruichi-san

5. Slick

6. Impervious

Good Luck, and queries feel free to PM/Msg me..

Enjoy!

Edited by taliesin

I'll go first :D

"hello everyone my name is Enrique Graves. I came to this farm around a year ago when i had no where to sleep so i snuck into Killingsworth Farm and spent the night in the barn. Elizabeth found me but instead of kicking me out she took me in and let me stay on the farm providing i did my fair share of work.

I did that work and later on Elizabeth encouraged me to return to collage at night while still working on the farm during the day. I started going to the library and became good friends with Kathryn, who helps me every now and then with my college work...

Now that Robert has died I am worried that i will have to drop out of college and leave the farm... I really enjoyed staying here."

:)

I'll go first :D

"hello everyone my name is Enrique Graves. I came to this farm around a year ago when i had no where to sleep so i snuck into Killingsworth Farm and spent the night in the barn. Elizabeth found me but instead of kicking me out she took me in and let me stay on the farm providing i did my fair share of work.

I did that work and later on Elizabeth encouraged me to return to collage at night while still working on the farm during the day. I started going to the library and became good friends with Kathryn, who helps me every now and then with my college work...

Now that Robert has died I am worried that i will have to drop out of college and leave the farm... I really enjoyed staying here."

:)

hey. The game has offically started! Now lets find out who murdered the Robert Killingsworth?

Nice introduction Enrigue. Not the chit chat will start..

Edited by taliesin

Hello Enrique, nice to meet you. I am Vicki D’Adly, Elizabeth’s younger sister. I am adored to my sister very much since I was a child. We only have 1 year age gap so we were very close to each other and she was my best friends….. but that’s before she growing older and discovering boys! I even totally lost touch with her when she married Robert Killingsworth and moved to California.

Hey, do you notice the man that leaning against the wall there? He’s my husband, Norman. We got married after graduating high school. Yes, he’s my high school sweetheart. We are still staying at my hometown - Jersey City. We have a warm and happy family with 3 lovely boys!

We have been traveling around the country in our new RV. We arrived at here yesterday. I didn't realized that Robert has passed away. Poor Sis, she must be very sad. The purpose I come here is because I was thinking maybe I should come and visit her so we can be close to each other like last time. But I don’t expect she has so many visitors here too. What’s going on here? :huh:

Edited by woon

*Holds out hand* Hi there, let me introduce myself. My name is Michael Nightshade, land development consultant, and...one second *holds phone to ear* Yes? Uh huh? One minute, I'm in the middle of something... *puts away* Sorry, my firm partner. Where were we? Ah yes...I came to Killingsworth Farm for business reasons; I had...well...a minimal amount of money to find some land, and when I saw the real estate listing in the newspaper, I came right away! So where is the homeowner?

<(^-^)>

Edited by Kathleen

*Leaning on wall like Vicki said sipping his drink in a sly and intelligent manner* Hello everyone my name is Norman. "nice to meet you everyone. *walks towards Micheal and shakes his hands* Vicki has already basically explained why we are here, and yes that is very sad news. I can't believe Robert died and we didn't know. I will have o talk to Elizabeth about that when we see her.

As you already know me and Vicki are married, but we actually met through Elizabeth. We use to be sweethearts ;however, things didn't work out. It was probably one of the best choices of my life too.I got to meet Vicki and now I am having a very fine life. *Puts done his drink and takes out some binoculars... cleaning them wit ha small cloth* Anyone have any interesting hobbies? I am a excellent ornithologist. *looks around at some puzzled faces* if you don't know what that is it's bird watching. The birds are just so peaceful and elegant like... my wife over there. *sighs* I'm still anxious to see Elizabeth though... where could she be?

OOC: that was fun to type :D this is going to be really fun! So far all the other post are very interesting too... oh... forgot some pilotness XD *adds "nice to meet you everyone *walks towards Micheal and shakes his hands*

Edited by Riranor

"Ah, hello? Yes, I'm still here. In any case. I am Dr. Chelsea Barren - and don't you forget the doctor, retired as I am or not. My patients were the kind that would make many of you squeal like little schoolgirls if you met them - the big-name stars, the ones with their names up in lights across my hometown of Los Angeles. Though none of them had very interesting problems - a bad contract here, an affair with Tom Cruise there - they did give me plenty of time to drift off to my own fantasy-land, and for that I owe them my almost-best-selling novel. I, ah, am working on a sequel. Perhaps one of you would like to read the draft...? Oh! Not the time, not the time at all, sorry.

More on the point, Elizabeth and I were not friends, but not enemies - more of acquaintences, perhaps. We moved to the farmland at the same time, just after it was subdivided.

I am married, so don't any of you 'gentlemen' get any ideas. My husband is currently overseas on business. I could explain what he does but I don't want to bore any of you to death - pardon the choice of words. Though his social life is undoubtedly drab, mine has only soared since I moved here. As many of you may no doubt have noticed, I host parties for the real gentlemen of this community. In fact, it's a bit embarrassing, but I came to Elizabeth's land today to ask if I could use some of it for valet parking..."

OOC: :mellow: I think I wrote more than anyone else. :P But that was a lot of fun to write!

Edit: Changed the shade of blue. :lol:

Edited by Kay