BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hello all,

I have returned to the den. I have internet at my flat now, so should be able to make regular occurrences here again. To get back into the mindset of the weird and wacky thinking, the way of the den, I am stating back with a game. It is hopefully new to you guys ( not sure what everyone has been up to, though I do notice some post counts have increased a lot). Enjoy.

The Scenario:

One year ago, Robert Killingsworth bought the farm. Six months later he was dead — leaving his widow Elizabeth to tend to their fledging vineyard and winery on the outskirts of California's wine country. With mounting debts and no idea how to run a business, Elizabeth is desperate to sell the farm and recoup her losses. The fierce drought and shaky economy, however have left Killlngsworth Farm on the market for far too long.

One early autumn day, six people passed through the gates of Killingsworth Farm to see Elizabeth...

One of them, a cold—blooded Killer:

Michael Nightshade — This real estate developer from New York arrived unannounced with plans to buy Killingsworth Farm and develop it into a low-cost housing community. His boss ordered him to obtain the Killlngsworth land at any cost...

Dr. Chelsea Barren — After suffering a nervous breakdown, this psychiatrist and near-best-selling author moved to Northern California to relax... but she moved next door to the Killingsworths instead.

Enrique Graves — This young drifter wandered onto Killingsworth Farm last year just as Robert and Elizabeth were moving in. Elizabeth took a liking to Enrique and he has lived on the farm ever since — tending to the fie|ds... among other things.

Vicki D’Adly - Elizabeth’s estranged sister from New Jersey, she and her husband were traveling on vacation when Vicki decided to drop by Killingsworth Farm for a visit... a surprise visit.

Norman D’Adly - A real estate broker from New Jersey and husband to Vicki, Norman is trying to salvage his job and his marriage while travelling across the country on vacation.

Kathryn Lawless — Best friend to Elizabeth, this local librarian and historian has a flare for the eccentric. She lives down the road with her 15 cats and loves true crime - especially the mysterious unsolved death of Robert Killingsworth.

Which of these people has a secret worth killing for? Come to Killingsworth Farm and find out before it is too late?

Signup:

Michael Nightshade -

Dr. Chelsea Barren -

Enrique Graves -

Vicki D’Adly -

Norman D’Adly -

Kathryn Lawless -

Detectives ( maximum of 4 )

These detective roles don't take part in the story, but they can interograte the players involved in the story.

• Answers 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

*cannot...stop...giggling!!!* You don't hear that every day :P

Amazing game, Talie! A big thank-you to the host and all the other participants, especially to Y-san for being the most active detective here :D

Yes, it is amazing! Thanks Tal for your great game. Are you going to announce who won the best actor and actress? :huh: (detective inclusive)

hey sorry for not posting here for a few days, been at an Orienteering relay. One of our teams ( the one I wasn't in) came third :D

Thanks everone for playing. :D Especially to Yoruichi-san, for been the only Detective to take part in the game..

Lol...well, that explains why he never answered my questions about what he was doing in the afternoon... :rolleyes:

Nicely done, taliesin. I'd like to play again...if you made all the players detectives and the characters NPCs so that the information wouldn't be limited by how active the players are. Thanks for the fun game!

I was thinking of doing this from the start, and decideed it would be alot of work for me. I would be lickly to post the wrong thing as the wrong person etc, which is why I decided to let the players be characters. :D

Yes, it is amazing! Thanks Tal for your great game. Are you going to announce who won the best actor and actress? :huh: (detective inclusive)

err.. That means going back and reading through fourty-odd pages of posts, seams a lot of work. :D Lets take nonimations,

Riranor just picked a name out of a hat..

Renan, had some interesting theories however none turned to be correct.

Woon, guess Roberts killer correct.

Clozobozo and Y-san, worked out Normal killed Eliz, though for the wrong reasons

Therefore I award the winners Clozobozo, and Y-san.. Congrads you guys.

I would like to thanks Michael Akers for writing the story, and allowing me to turn it into a game. On his site you can find the full story, including the "Dark Secrets" of the other players which didn't come out in the game, or purchase other stories. Thanks Again!

One last question for the players. Was this an enjoyable game? Would you play again? If so would there be anything you would do different ( prehaaps know all information from the start?); or any other feedback?

I would of liked a little more Character developement, though I think that I made it difficuult for it.

Um, actually, clozobozo was the only one who guessed Norman killed Elizabeth. Woon and I figured out Enrique killed Robert, for the right reasons ;P.

And thanks again, it was a lot of fun. My other suggestion would be to time the information being given out a little more evenly. I felt that at the beginning, there was really very little pertinent information, and then all the important information seemed to come out at the end, and probably because of this, and because the players were busy with other things, some questions never got answered and some of the information that would have helped never came out. I think there would have been a lot more correct guesses if Norman actually got a chance to answer questions about what he was doing the afternoon before Elizabeth was killed ;) .

Anyways, the story was brilliant and taliesin, you were a fantastic host. Definitely let me know if you're going to have another one. :D

Um, actually, clozobozo was the only one who guessed Norman killed Elizabeth. Woon and I figured out Enrique killed Robert, for the right reasons ;P.

And thanks again, it was a lot of fun. My other suggestion would be to time the information being given out a little more evenly. I felt that at the beginning, there was really very little pertinent information, and then all the important information seemed to come out at the end, and probably because of this, and because the players were busy with other things, some questions never got answered and some of the information that would have helped never came out. I think there would have been a lot more correct guesses if Norman actually got a chance to answer questions about what he was doing the afternoon before Elizabeth was killed ;) .

Anyways, the story was brilliant and taliesin, you were a fantastic host. Definitely let me know if you're going to have another one. :D

In that cast. Clozobozo is the winner..

I was planning to step in and answer questions which needed to be answered but it took far too long going through everyones questions and keeping track of times and information. prehaps if I write the story CSI: 2 I will know better and be in a better position. I was been suprised by the story as it went as well..