BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hello all,

I have returned to the den. I have internet at my flat now, so should be able to make regular occurrences here again. To get back into the mindset of the weird and wacky thinking, the way of the den, I am stating back with a game. It is hopefully new to you guys ( not sure what everyone has been up to, though I do notice some post counts have increased a lot). Enjoy.

The Scenario:

One year ago, Robert Killingsworth bought the farm. Six months later he was dead — leaving his widow Elizabeth to tend to their fledging vineyard and winery on the outskirts of California's wine country. With mounting debts and no idea how to run a business, Elizabeth is desperate to sell the farm and recoup her losses. The fierce drought and shaky economy, however have left Killlngsworth Farm on the market for far too long.

One early autumn day, six people passed through the gates of Killingsworth Farm to see Elizabeth...

One of them, a cold—blooded Killer:

Michael Nightshade — This real estate developer from New York arrived unannounced with plans to buy Killingsworth Farm and develop it into a low-cost housing community. His boss ordered him to obtain the Killlngsworth land at any cost...

Dr. Chelsea Barren — After suffering a nervous breakdown, this psychiatrist and near-best-selling author moved to Northern California to relax... but she moved next door to the Killingsworths instead.

Enrique Graves — This young drifter wandered onto Killingsworth Farm last year just as Robert and Elizabeth were moving in. Elizabeth took a liking to Enrique and he has lived on the farm ever since — tending to the fie|ds... among other things.

Vicki D’Adly - Elizabeth’s estranged sister from New Jersey, she and her husband were traveling on vacation when Vicki decided to drop by Killingsworth Farm for a visit... a surprise visit.

Norman D’Adly - A real estate broker from New Jersey and husband to Vicki, Norman is trying to salvage his job and his marriage while travelling across the country on vacation.

Kathryn Lawless — Best friend to Elizabeth, this local librarian and historian has a flare for the eccentric. She lives down the road with her 15 cats and loves true crime - especially the mysterious unsolved death of Robert Killingsworth.

Which of these people has a secret worth killing for? Come to Killingsworth Farm and find out before it is too late?

Signup:

Michael Nightshade -

Dr. Chelsea Barren -

Enrique Graves -

Vicki D’Adly -

Norman D’Adly -

Kathryn Lawless -

Detectives ( maximum of 4 )

These detective roles don't take part in the story, but they can interograte the players involved in the story.

• Answers 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Er... i don't see how i can avoid this... I am on a administrative leave... for reasons i will not say. But who gives you the right for looking into my personal business! I have reasons for what i do and i don't think you should try to figure out what those are! They are personal matters! Not silly little gossip you can spread about people for your own entertainment!

ooc: harsh much? :(

I'm insulted! This, surprisingly, is not for my own gossip stack, this is for Elizabeth's sake! I'm her best friend, and as I said before, I find it my responsibility to catch this killer and give him the punishment he deserves!

I'm insulted! This, surprisingly, is not for my own gossip stack, this is for Elizabeth's sake! I'm her best friend, and as I said before, I find it my responsibility to catch this killer and give him the punishment he deserves!

OOC: There is a :ninja: It's :ph34r:

Speaking of Elizabeth, where is she? I haven't seen here since she left the wine vault...checking out a power outage if I remember correctly...

<(^-^)>

"Him" how do we know it's not a female like you! Your trying to put the blame on somebody who has enough troubles already. You dont know what i have to go through everyday!

OOC: St the "him" thing might have not been intentional buit it helped me get a sentence out to keep things going

"Him" how do we know it's not a female like you! Your trying to put the blame on somebody who has enough troubles already. You dont know what i have to go through everyday!

OOC: St the "him" thing might have not been intentional buit it helped me get a sentence out to keep things going

Hmm, I believe usually if it's a him or her, it is written just as him. Since we don't know the gender of the killer, I simply used just "him". Him/her is a handful to write, you know.

ooc: Are you making up the "what I have to go through everyday" part?

Hmm, I believe usually if it's a him or her, it is written just as him. Since we don't know the gender of the killer, I simply used just "him". Him/her is a handful to write, you know.

ooc: Are you making up the "what I have to go through everyday" part?

OOC: we are all hiding stuff everyday in the game... so yeah... tehre are still stuff he deals with that you guys thought of, arent sure about, or just never said yet... i wont tell

oh woops :P

"My major? Why i was studying business management, for my dream is to one day open a tool shop... And after my graduation i was planning on finding a solid job to raise the money so i can open my shop. Oh and the issues with my friends are the usual... they are being jerks and getting themselves into trouble which they then rely on me to bail them out..."

"also if we are speaking of who we saw that day... around 9:30 in the morning while i was cleaning the farmhouse windows i heard Vicki D'Adly crying and talking to someone... Would you care to share Vicki?"

What do you expect when 2 sisters spoke to each other about the past. After all our relationship were so strong and so closed. If not because of boys... I was to emotional this morning. But I was also overjoyed till I cry because finally she willing to talk to me again. :~

A bit late I guess. But anyway MG's taken good care of the investigating division. :P

Tal: Was there any will drawn by the deceased? Will it be revealed later?

EDIT:

And Vicky: Are you and Elizabeth step-sisters?

Nope, we are sisters having the same parents.... so far as Tal describe both of us.

ooc: Er ST this is all i got... The Corkscrew and the Charm Bracelet... :wacko: i seriously dont know if you mean that i have more stuff or something?

I believe Kathryn must see the color wrongly. I trust you Norman. Although I knew everyone here look at us like the unwelcome 2.

What are you saying! I just got it for her hospitality. She been nice to Vicki and me during our vacation. I also got Vicki a silver Charm Bracelet. *takes it out* I find silver to be a more beautiful color before somebody asks. I think it would suit my wife more. *hands it to Vicki* Why would i want to win her heart back if i left her in the first place?

Er... i don't see how i can avoid this... I am on a administrative leave... for reasons i will not say. But who gives you the right for looking into my personal business! I have reasons for what i do and i don't think you should try to figure out what those are! They are personal matters! Not silly little gossip you can spread about people for your own entertainment!

So...if you don't have a job...how can you afford those lavish gifts...that silver charm bracelet for your wife and the gold whatever it was...?

What do you expect when 2 sisters spoke to each other about the past. After all our relationship were so strong and so closed. If not because of boys... I was to emotional this morning. But I was also overjoyed till I cry because finally she willing to talk to me again. :~

Why are you always talking about 'boys'? There's definitely something you're not saying on the subject...which boy exactly got b/w you and your sister? Robert or Norman?

Why are you always talking about 'boys'? There's definitely something you're not saying on the subject...which boy exactly got b/w you and your sister? Robert or Norman?

Because this is what Tal told me so in my script!

Tal wrote: "As a child, you adored your older sister and were the best of friends. As she grew older, however, and discovered boys, the two of you drifted apart from each other."

I cant post round 3 as there is still some information to be revealed this round..

You might need to start calling out names and/or asking specific questions...also, do we reveal our secrets if it has not been asked directly?

Sorry guys!

In response to all the questions regarding my near-bestseller; yes, I suppose it's true that one of my clients was under the very wrong impression that I had written my novel aimed at him. I am struggling through my current financial crisis, but nothing that a new novel with a solid plot won't fix.

As for my wherebouts? I was tending to my garden at - oh, I'd say noon, if I had to guess - when I saw Mr. Nightshade drive up to Elizabeth's plot of land. Being the curious woman I am, I'm sorry to say that I spied a bit - oh, but am I glad I did! As he and Elizabeth spoke to eachother on the front porch, I saw Miss Kathryn here prying into Elizabeth's medicine cabinet and taking a small pill bottle! A few minutes later she joined Elizabeth and Michael on the porch, and neither seemed to have any idea about it.

I have spent much of the week in the library doing research. I have seen Enrique Graves there a number of times, but never studying. He always comes in, takes papers from the librarian — never any books, though — and leaves. I’ve also noticed Michael Nightshade’s car in the parking lot of the library every day for the last four days.

Sorry guys!

As for my wherebouts? I was tending to my garden at - oh, I'd say noon, if I had to guess - when I saw Mr. Nightshade drive up to Elizabeth's plot of land. Being the curious woman I am, I'm sorry to say that I spied a bit - oh, but am I glad I did! As he and Elizabeth spoke to eachother on the front porch, I saw Miss Kathryn here prying into Elizabeth's medicine cabinet and taking a small pill bottle! A few minutes later she joined Elizabeth and Michael on the porch, and neither seemed to have any idea about it.

I have spent much of the week in the library doing research. I have seen Enrique Graves there a number of times, but never studying. He always comes in, takes papers from the librarian — never any books, though — and leaves. I’ve also noticed Michael Nightshade’s car in the parking lot of the library every day for the last four days.

Oh yes, about the time Mr. Nightshade arrived at Elizabeth's house at Noon, I started to feel a bit sick in the stomach. I went to the bathroom to look for some antacid, which I thankfully found.

Oh yes, about the time Mr. Nightshade arrived at Elizabeth's house at Noon, I started to feel a bit sick in the stomach. I went to the bathroom to look for some antacid, which I thankfully found.

Humph. An unlikely excuse if I ever saw one, but I suppose less unlikely than all the rest. I'll grant that that's possible - benefit of the doubt, innocent until proven guilty, all of that, you know.

Humph. An unlikely excuse if I ever saw one, but I suppose less unlikely than all the rest. I'll grant that that's possible - benefit of the doubt, innocent until proven guilty, all of that, you know.

ooc: It's actually true :P

You might need to start calling out names and/or asking specific questions...also, do we reveal our secrets if it has not been asked directly?

Yeah.. i will read through and cross everything of me tick sheet and then prompt some people. Hopefully round 3 in 12 hours.. after work ;)

On another note: The "Reveal this information only when challenged" is SUPPOSED to be revealed

when the topic is brought up. It contains many lead up questions to important info. If answers are evasive, clues will be missed.

Edited by taliesin

Yeah.. i will read through and cross everything of me tick sheet and then prompt some people. Hopefully round 3 in 12 hours.. after work ;)

On another note: The "Reveal this information only when challenged" is SUPPOSED to be revealed

when the topic is brought up. It contains many lead up questions to important info. If answers are evasive, clues will be missed.

Got it! Although...after reading my secrets, I doubt anyone would ask about them <_<

Sorry guys!

In response to all the questions regarding my near-bestseller; yes, I suppose it's true that one of my clients was under the very wrong impression that I had written my novel aimed at him. I am struggling through my current financial crisis, but nothing that a new novel with a solid plot won't fix.

Hmmm...who was this client? Anyone we know...say...Robert Killingsworth?

And to Ms. Librarian and/or Mr. Graves...what were these papers about? And to Mr. Nightshade...why were you at the library?

I'm definitely getting the impression that there's more than meets the eye about this particular plot of land...perhaps a trip to the library would help me...;P

Got it! Although...after reading my secrets, I doubt anyone would ask about them <_<

Lol...okay...let's give a shot...

Do you have any other hobbies? What do you do with your free time? Are you in a relationship, or have a love interest? What about past relationships? What jobs did you do in your past? What are your plans for the future...do you want to stay a librarian or is there something else you want to do...

And to Mr. Nightshade...why were you at the library?

Me? I have spent the last four days at the library researching all aspects of the town, actually. I have to report back to the company to begin a marketing campaign for the new housing development.

<(^-^)>

And to Ms. Librarian and/or Mr. Graves...what were these papers about?

Well, *clears throat* Enrique already mentioned this. I, being the librarian with much knowledge, was asked by Enrique to help him do some research for a paper on the history of the town for his college English course. Of course, I was too nice to say no. He was also rather *cough* handsome and I haven't been in a relationship in a while...oh, never mind that. Say, Enrique, did you find anything interesting for your paper? I did, after all, give you a good 50 pages of this town's history details. The above question is also directed to Michael Nightshade.

Lol...okay...let's give a shot...

Do you have any other hobbies? What do you do with your free time? Are you in a relationship, or have a love interest? What about past relationships? What jobs did you do in your past? What are your plans for the future...do you want to stay a librarian or is there something else you want to do...

:lol: , that was a good attempt...

Hmm...well, I spend a large amount of time in the library, especially concerning Enrique and another person. I am not in a steady relationship and haven't been in one for a very long time, although I've been hoping for one recently. I enjoy my job as a librarian, though, especially when I can be of use to other people.

Me? I have spent the last four days at the library researching all aspects of the town, actually. I have to report back to the company to begin a marketing campaign for the new housing development.

Ah yes, I remember seeing you very frequently at the library. You were extremely interesting in the history of this town, weren't you? Did you find anything interesting? Maybe a secret treasure legend? Or something else to catch your eye?

Ah yes, I remember seeing you very frequently at the library. You were extremely interesting in the history of this town, weren't you? Did you find anything interesting? Maybe a secret treasure legend? Or something else to catch your eye?

Nothing out of the ordinary...

OOCness: Erm...I don't know what I found :wacko:

<(^-^)>

Your secrets you want to try and avoid telling people. ( but cant lie). These are your dark secrets.

"Reveal when asked" info, you should reveal when asked. These are things like what you were doing in the morning..