BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Hello all,

I have returned to the den. I have internet at my flat now, so should be able to make regular occurrences here again. To get back into the mindset of the weird and wacky thinking, the way of the den, I am stating back with a game. It is hopefully new to you guys ( not sure what everyone has been up to, though I do notice some post counts have increased a lot). Enjoy.

The Scenario:

One year ago, Robert Killingsworth bought the farm. Six months later he was dead — leaving his widow Elizabeth to tend to their fledging vineyard and winery on the outskirts of California's wine country. With mounting debts and no idea how to run a business, Elizabeth is desperate to sell the farm and recoup her losses. The fierce drought and shaky economy, however have left Killlngsworth Farm on the market for far too long.

One early autumn day, six people passed through the gates of Killingsworth Farm to see Elizabeth...

One of them, a cold—blooded Killer:

Michael Nightshade — This real estate developer from New York arrived unannounced with plans to buy Killingsworth Farm and develop it into a low-cost housing community. His boss ordered him to obtain the Killlngsworth land at any cost...

Dr. Chelsea Barren — After suffering a nervous breakdown, this psychiatrist and near-best-selling author moved to Northern California to relax... but she moved next door to the Killingsworths instead.

Enrique Graves — This young drifter wandered onto Killingsworth Farm last year just as Robert and Elizabeth were moving in. Elizabeth took a liking to Enrique and he has lived on the farm ever since — tending to the fie|ds... among other things.

Vicki D’Adly - Elizabeth’s estranged sister from New Jersey, she and her husband were traveling on vacation when Vicki decided to drop by Killingsworth Farm for a visit... a surprise visit.

Norman D’Adly - A real estate broker from New Jersey and husband to Vicki, Norman is trying to salvage his job and his marriage while travelling across the country on vacation.

Kathryn Lawless — Best friend to Elizabeth, this local librarian and historian has a flare for the eccentric. She lives down the road with her 15 cats and loves true crime - especially the mysterious unsolved death of Robert Killingsworth.

Which of these people has a secret worth killing for? Come to Killingsworth Farm and find out before it is too late?

Signup:

Michael Nightshade -

Dr. Chelsea Barren -

Enrique Graves -

Vicki D’Adly -

Norman D’Adly -

Kathryn Lawless -

Detectives ( maximum of 4 )

These detective roles don't take part in the story, but they can interograte the players involved in the story.

• Answers 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Enrique Graves — This young drifter wandered onto Killingsworth Farm last year just as Robert and Elizabeth were moving in. Elizabeth took a liking to Enrique and he has lived on the farm ever since — tending to the fie|ds... among other things.

Signup:

Michael Nightshade -

Dr. Chelsea Barren -

Enrique Graves - clozobozo (CB)

Vicki D’Adly -

Norman D’Adly -

Kathryn Lawless -

These detective roles don't take part in the story, but they can interograte the players involved in the story.

Sounds like just the role for me :)

Sounds like just the role for me :)

Thanks for joining, I was worried that the game's forum was full of 100's of games. Hopefully this one is unique and different to stand out.

I have written up the rule and will post them if people want to read before joining, ( post here if you want them).

Signup:

Michael Nightshade -

Dr. Chelsea Barren - andromeda (CPB)

Vicki D’Adly -

Norman D’Adly -

Kathryn Lawless -

These detective roles don't take part in the story, but they can interrograte the players involved in the story.

1. grey cells (I'm signing you up cause I wanna be interrogated by you :P) - he gonna have to confirm

Nervous brake down, here I come! :D

EDIT: Nice to see you back tal! Post the rules! :)

Edited by andromeda

These detective roles don't take part in the story, but they can interrograte the players involved in the story.

1. grey cells (I'm signing you up cause I wanna be interrogated by you :P) - he gonna have to confirm

Nervous brake down, here I come! :D

EDIT: Nice to see you back tal! Post the rules! :)

The detectives will only be filled if the other characters are all taken. Normal characters are detectives as well and for it to work they need to be full. The detectives are just extras who would want to play ( i'm hoping more than six people are interested) without been apart of the story.

@Andromeda

Its good to have internet again. I red about 15 books at night instead of spending time doing riddles/games. Its great to be back. Im lloking forward to more of your riddles.

Thanks for joining. ;D

I am in! :)

Signup:

Michael Nightshade -

Vicki D’Adly - woon

Norman D’Adly -

Kathryn Lawless -

Edited by woon

Im in too!

Signup:

Michael Nightshade -

Vicki D’Adly - woon

Norman D’Adly - Renan

Kathryn Lawless -

Welcome back, Tal! :D KL looks like an interesting character. :P

And thanks CPB for signing me in, but I would rather play as a featured character. ;)

Signup:

Michael Nightshade -

Vicki D'Adly - woon

Norman D'Adly - Renan

Kathryn Lawless - GC

EDIT: Wrong smiley. :P

Signup:

Michael Nightshade - Kathleen (Kat)

Vicki D'Adly - woon

Norman D'Adly - Renan

Kathryn Lawless - GC

Fun! I'm in ^_^

<(^-^)>

EDIT: Got part of the quote :wacko:

Edited by Kathleen

You could be a detective. You don;t get a active part in the story, but you get to accuse other people of been murderers..??

Taliesin, I think I should stay like a detective if your planning to start this game as soon as we have 8 players signed in. Im in Brazil, from saturday to wednesday is carnival :D . Ill be here everyday, but I dont think ill have time to be aswering lots of questions (i think this game will request more time than a normal one, am i right?) and ill be posting many times using my cel phone.

So thats it: if you think Ill be able to play, ok. But fell free to change me to detective if you think that more time is needed.

Rules:

Using This Thread:

These using the thread rules are not critical to the game, so I will not penilize anyone who breakes the. I have wrote them to help everyone to get in the atmosphere of the game, so try to stick ot them when posible.

Colours:

I will post in red.

Players involved in the story will post in blue.

Detectives will post in black

Spectators will post in grey

Names:

When talking to a player you will use their characters name, and NOT their brainded account name. ( to keep everyone in character).

At the start of the game ( untill everyone knows each other characters name) you can add your character name to the start/end of you post.

eg.

I was shopping when the murder happened

<Vicki>

If you really want to get into the spirit ( and have enough posts) you can set you Custom member title to your character name!

Before Beginning The Game

You are about to become a suspect in a murder mystery. lt is up to you to figure out who dine it by denouncing the guilty secrets of others while trying to prove your innocence.

Please remain in character throughout the game.

Rounds:

Game play will proceed in Rounds. To a total of six rounds.

Rounds end only when all players have revealed all facts and secrets in the suspect dossier. This will be monitored by me.

Each round will provide information for you to reveal and clues you will use to interrogate each suspect in the mystery.

Clues will provide special information used to further the mystery. These clues will be revealed in the middle of a round. Once revealed, these clues can be used to further your defence or interrogation of other players.

Round progress as follows:

• Round One: Introduction

• Round Two: The Search

• Round Three: The Discovery

• Round Four: The Examination

• Round Five: The Final Clues

• Round Six: The Revelation

Gameplay:

Players will attempt to unravel the mystery of the murder by gathering information piece by piece. They will have to interrogate the other players and look for flaws in their stories, while defending themselves against the questions from other players and the detectives.

Players must answer questions according the information given to them by me. Suspects that have guilty secrets may be given misleading information to help keep their secrets a secret ( however they are not allowed to lie ). It is up to you to sift through this misleading information to discover the truth.

At the beginning of a round every player must post their "Scenario". And from then on they can start working out secret from everyone else.

Some information "Who you are" or "What you know" etc, must be revealed before the round ends, or alternatively clues to prompt the other players. Information marked as "Your Secrets" you will want to keep hidden as long as possible.

Each round ends when all clues/information from players have been given. If the round lasts for an excessive amount of time, I will step in to keep the game moving.

End of the Game:

The murderer or murderers will not know before the solution round that he or she is the

murderer. Thus, all players should suspect even themselves.

At the end of Round Five, all players will PM me their solution to the mystery: Who done it? How? And Why? And once they have all been received we will progress onto Round Six.

At the start of Round Six I will post everyone's solution, then we all progress into the final round.

Round six will progress slow where each player in turn, will post a confession. There will be time between confessions to discuss the new information which is learnt, and rework theories about the murderer or murderers. ( Though you will not gain a higher score for this).

The Winner of the game is the person whose accusation form most closely matches the actual

solution to the mystery as revealed in Round Six.

I will be following the game closely, and will step in if required. If you need any help feel free to pm me.

Good Luck and enjoy.

I will try and get started about 12 hours from now after work.

Roster:

Vicki D'Adly - woon

Norman D'Adly - Renan

Kathryn Lawless - GC

people are still able to join as a non story role

Detectives ( non story role)

1. Slicks??

Hey tal, after reading the game rules and everything I don't think I'll be able to play this game full throttle so ST will replace me, I hope you don't mind... I'll still be here as a detective and reading the posts ;)

Roster:

Dr. Chelsea Barren - Star_tiger (ST)

Vicki D'Adly - woon

Norman D'Adly - Renan

Kathryn Lawless - GC

1. Slick

2. Riranor

3. andromeda

Roster:

Vicki D'Adly - woon

Norman D'Adly - Renan

Kathryn Lawless - GC

1. Slick

2. Riranor

3. andromeda

What about that fourth spot?

<(^-^)>

Roster:

Vicki D'Adly - woon

Norman D'Adly - Renan

Kathryn Lawless - GC

1. Slick

2. Riranor

3. andromeda

What about that fourth spot?

<(^-^)>

Good question. Kay you best hurry before you're too late.

We get BTSC I guess. I must scat for a while. Back later on or tomorrow. :D

Hi Kay! I may not have much time on my hands. You still have a chance to play CSI 1 I will just put your name down. Please confirm!

Roster:

Vicki D'Adly - woon

Norman D'Adly - Renan

Kathryn Lawless - Kay?

1. Slick

2. Riranor

3. andromeda