BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

• Answers 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

My becoming toast is an almost certainty, but I will try to resist as much as possible. AI does not look too decisive at the moment, so I have tried to cash in on that. Trying something won't harm us as we cannot get any worse from here. If AI accepts, Bb may have to waste a guess on Hermes carrying me to safety. At the very least I will go down fighting. :P

Honestly? I think we should go the unpredictable route on Hermes. If he doesn't accept (I don't think he will), then attack Riranor, and move TB to attacking Bb (it's 1 50% kill instead of 2). If he accepts... I don't know. You'll live 'til tomorrow night, so maybe attacking Kat2 would be worthwhile, but I think that would leave Imp2 and TB kind of swinging in the breeze down there.

Yeah! But Nestor will boost it to 100%. Every damn Achaean is a barrier right now. :lol:

Oh yeah, forgot about that one. If you end up dying hopefully I survive, and itachi gives me a kill role. Not that I want you dead, of course, i'd rather die than you.

Honestly? I think we should go the unpredictable route on Hermes. If he doesn't accept (I don't think he will), then attack Riranor, and move TB to attacking Bb (it's 1 50% kill instead of 2). If he accepts... I don't know. You'll live 'til tomorrow night, so maybe attacking Kat2 would be worthwhile, but I think that would leave Imp2 and TB kind of swinging in the breeze down there.

I know AI accepting is far-fetched. But Bb will be guessing that I will be targeting him and Riranor. So wouldn't it be a 0% chance of a kill? Of course, Bb might think that we will not attack Riranor as we know he will guess that and nullify that kill. And so Bb wouldn't guess that. A confusing cycle but again he doesn't have a lot of guess options, so he will probably guess me attacking him and Riranor. That would nullify my kill attempt. A 50% option is a better choice I think.

I know AI accepting is far-fetched. But Bb will be guessing that I will be targeting him and Riranor. So wouldn't it be a 0% chance of a kill? Of course, Bb might think that we will not attack Riranor as we know he will guess that and nullify that kill. And so Bb wouldn't guess that. A confusing cycle but again he doesn't have a lot of guess options, so he will probably guess me attacking him and Riranor. That would nullify my kill attempt. A 50% option is a better choice I think.

Well, if we're going to have a lower percentage, I'd rather it be used on Hermes, I suppose. However, I feel like that'll work its way into the guesses, as well.

Well, if we're going to have a lower percentage, I'd rather it be used on Hermes, I suppose. However, I feel like that'll work its way into the guesses, as well.

Its unfortunate the we can only do so many actions making it easier for Bb to guess what we'll do. However we're bound to get at least one correct action in as there are far too many combinations for Bb to choose from.

Its unfortunate the we can only do so many actions making it easier for Bb to guess what we'll do. However we're bound to get at least one correct action in as there are far too many combinations for Bb to choose from.

That's why we needed Hades. We were a bit complacent at that stage, we never considered saving you. But the past's gone, no use crying over spilled milk.

I agree SG but I think the only chance I have of killing anyone is AI. So I will stick with it for now.

That's why we needed Hades. We were a bit complacent at that stage, we never considered saving you. But the past's gone, no use crying over spilled milk.

I agree SG but I think the only chance I have of killing anyone is AI. So I will stick with it for now.

I support killing Hermes 100%. He's as good as on the other team, anyways.

i concur with tat, even is he chooses to "accept" or proposal :P

Theseus: Attack Bb or Riranor??

Move:

Bb or Riranor is a WIFOM puzzle. It, in my mind, is most logical to attack Bb, both from an emotional and a logical standpoint. A.) He's the figurehead, and B.) I think it gives us a chance of killing Kat2. Therefore, the best attack is likely to be Riranor, but Riranor is the one that can die, so therefore the best attack is against Bb, so THEREfore Bb will guess that, so therefore the best attack is against Riranor, so therefore Bb will guess THAT...

So, I don't think it matters who we attack, unless one of you has some insight into what Bb will guess.

Bb or Riranor is a WIFOM puzzle. It, in my mind, is most logical to attack Bb, both from an emotional and a logical standpoint. A.) He's the figurehead, and B.) I think it gives us a chance of killing Kat2. Therefore, the best attack is likely to be Riranor, but Riranor is the one that can die, so therefore the best attack is against Bb, so THEREfore Bb will guess that, so therefore the best attack is against Riranor, so therefore Bb will guess THAT...

So, I don't think it matters who we attack, unless one of you has some insight into what Bb will guess.

I don't think it matters. it is def a WIFOM type situation.

Cerberus: Attack AI

Move: 1 step down to Sisyphus' lake.

Argus: twiddle his thumbs

Move: 3 steps to ixion

Move:

Medusa: Cannot act

Move: nada

Cerberus: Attack AI

Move: 1 step down to Sisyphus' lake. -On Surface before Night

Argus: twiddle his thumbs

Move: 3 steps to ixion

Move:

Medusa: Cannot act

Move: nada

Oh sorry that I didn't inform you about Nestor last night. I just read through the latest posts and Bb talking about it is indeed accurate. GC was held on the Surface by Nestor last night and is there right now. Nestor has the secret ability to hold someone in place.

I ran into a bit of a conundrum that I hope you guys don't mind too much. Nestor and GC were both in Tartarus last night since GC wanted to move from the Surface to the Swamp, but Nestor's ability is to prevent movement, meaning GC is stuck on the Surface. :wacko:

Oh sorry that I didn't inform you about Nestor last night. I just read through the latest posts and Bb talking about it is indeed accurate. GC was held on the Surface by Nestor last night and is there right now. Nestor has the secret ability to hold someone in place.

I ran into a bit of a conundrum that I hope you guys don't mind too much. Nestor and GC were both in Tartarus last night since GC wanted to move from the Surface to the Swamp, but Nestor's ability is to prevent movement, meaning GC is stuck on the Surface. :wacko:

but if they were both in tartarus when nestor stopped him would that mean GC is still in tartarus, or else the attack wouldn't have occured....

but if they were both in tartarus when nestor stopped him would that mean GC is still in tartarus, or else the attack wouldn't have occured....

like I said, it's a bit of a conundrum in the game

Nestor holds the player's original position. It worked because they were both in Tararus, but GC's original position was the Surface.

If the same action is tried tonight, I would accept it. Here's my reasoning: Nestor (if in Tartarus) should be able to hold GC on the Surface, since GC would have to be in Tartarus if not for Nestor.

Let me know if you think this is not cool or if you guys are OK with it.

Well it kind of sucks if nestor can keep doing it day after day after day. we'd never get anywhere with that. in the end, you're the host, so your call.

If the same action is tried tonight, I would accept it. Here's my reasoning: Nestor (if in Tartarus) should be able to hold GC on the Surface, since GC would have to be in Tartarus if not for Nestor.

Let me know if you think this is not cool or if you guys are OK with it.

As an expert on the subject of crossing :P I seem to remember the rule being that you must be on the same side of the person that you are trying to prevent from crossing at the end of your movement. For example....

If I was on the Surface, I could prevent anyone who is on the surface from crossing the river, however, I would be free to move across. All those in Tartarus are free to move to the surface if they have the correct number of moves, I would be unable to stop them.

If I was in Tartarus, I could prevent anyone who is in tartarus from crossing the river, however, I would be free to move across to the surface. All those on the surface are free to move to Tartarus, I cannot prevent that.

Those were the rules while I was alive. What you choose to do now is up to you.

EDIT: Refer to post #401

Edited by IDoNotExist

As an expert on the subject of crossing :P I seem to remember the rule being that you must be on the same side of the person that you are trying to prevent from crossing at the end of your movement. For example....

If I was on the Surface, I could prevent anyone who is on the surface from crossing the river, however, I would be free to move across. All those in Tartarus are free to move to the surface if they have the correct number of moves, I would be unable to stop them.

If I was in Tartarus, I could prevent anyone who is in tartarus from crossing the river, however, I would be free to move across to the surface. All those on the surface are free to move to Tartarus, I cannot prevent that.

Those were the rules while I was alive. What you choose to do now is up to you.

EDIT: Refer to post #401

Well, I think this is a little mixed up. It's more like: "If you were on the Surface (as your Night's destination). All that matters during the night is the desired final location of each player. I made that clear when the game first started. This would have GC and Nestor both in Tartarus, and therefore Nestor could act. Say Nestor's act fails. Both characters would be in Tartarus this night, so why did it fail?

Well, I think this is a little mixed up. It's more like: "If you were on the Surface (as your Night's destination). All that matters during the night is the desired final location of each player. I made that clear when the game first started. This would have GC and Nestor both in Tartarus, and therefore Nestor could act. Say Nestor's act fails. Both characters would be in Tartarus this night, so why did it fail?

This is saying that GC will cross to tartarus and then Nestor will send him back to the surface instead of preventing his movement.