BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

• Answers 698
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

So, are we voting for Hermes, or for one of our own to be sacrificed so that we can make a plea for Hermes. Do we know if Hermes has been recruited already?

He hasn't. The recruits have been posted.

So, why are we voting for him?

Do we have majority vote?

If we vote for you SG and you get taken to the surface, you can make a plea for Hermes and when hermes joins our side he will be able to fly you back down from the surface, or we can protect you. I think the goodies want to be sure they can kill you tonight.

Edited by IDoNotExist

So, why are we voting for him?

Do we have majority vote?

If we vote for you SG and you get taken to the surface, you can make a plea for Hermes and when hermes joins our side he will be able to fly you back down from the surface, or we can protect you. I think the goodies want to be sure they can kill you tonight.

We can't get me on the surface, I'm on the surface. I'd be dragged to Ixion's path. However, voting for someone (like Charon) and having the same effect wouldn't be bad. I mean, even letting it be GC is ok, since we apparently are terrible at actually killing people.

I would be willing to accept the sacrifice. Everyone vote for me.

I think I'm just going to let it lie, honestly. If they win the vote, it'll tell us something, and won't get them Hermes. GC will be on the surface, and while not entirely safe we can keep him safe up there.

I think I'm just going to let it lie, honestly. If they win the vote, it'll tell us something, and won't get them Hermes. GC will be on the surface, and while not entirely safe we can keep him safe up there.

GC can make the plea for Hermes, correct?

So, for tonight...

Provided that Hermes doesn't play another trick and bring Bb back up to the Surface (he really might), I think we should have Charon block CP again. That way, GC is up on the surface, all the killing roles are down beneath. GC remains safe. The question then becomes: Who do we target tonight? I think that PT should target Impervious with his secret ability, and whoever he feels most needs it with his save. The best we can hope for is a duplicate of a killing role, the worst... I don't really want to imagine. I think I should cross over the river again tonight, and target someone there. Perhaps CP herself. Either way, it should be our target for the night. That person should also be targeted by Theseus. I think the Medusa should try to aim for Athena (who do we have as her again?). So, in a more easy to read format, the skeleton of my plan for tonight would be:

Charon:

Move: To Tartarus

Target: CP

Persephone: PT

Move: Wherever

Target: Whoever

Secret Ability: BrandonB

Medusa:

Move: Tartarus

Target: Athena (who's that?)

Siren: SG

Target: Same as Theseus

Theseus:

Target: Same as SG

We're gambling a little here, though, and some of these actions are a little predictable. Bb may guess that the Medusa will target Athena, and may also guess that our two remaining (possible) killers will target himself or CP. Those are the options that I think we have for targets, btw, are Bb or CP. Bb because it rids us of some Achaean or another, and CP because she's a killing role.

Thoughts?

Edit: To Itachi: If we freeze Bb, does he still get his guesses?

Edited by SomeGuy

So, for tonight...

Provided that Hermes doesn't play another trick and bring Bb back up to the Surface (he really might), I think we should have Charon block CP again. That way, GC is up on the surface, all the killing roles are down beneath. GC remains safe. The question then becomes: Who do we target tonight? I think that PT should target Impervious with his secret ability, and whoever he feels most needs it with his save. The best we can hope for is a duplicate of a killing role, the worst... I don't really want to imagine. I think I should cross over the river again tonight, and target someone there. Perhaps CP herself. Either way, it should be our target for the night. That person should also be targeted by Theseus. I think the Medusa should try to aim for Athena (who do we have as her again?). So, in a more easy to read format, the skeleton of my plan for tonight would be:

that part

that part

Thank you. I'll edit it.

Edit: Or not. I suppose it's past the timer, but hopefully with all the added context, my team can figure it out :P

Edited by SomeGuy

Oh... and I have to say, if it comes down to Cerberus and Theseus remaining against Hermes and Odysseus, I'd rather the 100% kill go to Hermes ;) The little brat.

lol :lol:

So, I think it's best if I tell you what random power PT will have for tonight... one sec...

he got the Minotaur, so he can protect 2 different people tonight ;)

lol :lol:

So, I think it's best if I tell you what random power PT will have for tonight... one sec...

he got the Minotaur, so he can protect 2 different people tonight ;)

Oh, WELL! None of that for Bb. So, Prof. T, who'll it be?

Charon: IDNE

Move: Can't move

Target: SG

Secret Ability: TB

Medusa: Randro

Target: Athena (ST)

Target: Same as Theseus (CP)

Theseus: TB

Target: Same as SG (CP)

Odysseus -> Bb

Calchus -> Kat

Athena -> ST

Nestor -> Riranor

Diomedes -> CP

I have a feeling Bb will make an attempt on me tonight.

Charon: IDNE

Move: Can't move

Target: SG

Secret Ability: TB

Medusa: Randro

Target: Athena (ST)

Target: Same as Theseus (CP)

Theseus: TB

Target: Same as SG (CP)

Odysseus -> Bb

Calchus -> Kat

Athena -> ST

Nestor -> Riranor

Diomedes -> CP

sounds good to me

Just as expected. But I guess we cannot recruit Hermes. I cannot act tonight and they know who Theseus is.

All the moves are the best we can get. And the saving role of PT is finally an useful one. :lol: I think Odysseus' guesses will be along the lines of:

1. Siren will target Brandon

2. Medusa will target Brandon

3. Theseus will target Brandonb or CP

And yeah, ST has to be Athena, unless she is Nestor and targeted herself. She is most likely Athena.

Well, my thought is that we load up attacks on the second target in case Odysseus does something like:

Siren will attack Brandon

Theseus will attack CP.

I admit it's risky, but I think this is a case of WIFOM. I'd rather kill SOMEONE, so loading up our 50% chances seems like our best bet, honestly. Also, I'd rather CP not kill anyone.

Edit: The reason for this is that I think it's most logical for us to spread our attacks out, which is why I don't want to do it. I also think that Odysseus is the most powerful character on the field, so he's the most obvious target.

However, it might be equally valid to take out Athena, so we don't have to worry about her in the future.

Edited by SomeGuy