BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus II

itachi-san

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some similarities between BMO 1 and 2. On night 3 in BMO 1 Odysseus correctly guesses that Agenor will protect Priam, the counter role to Odysseus, thus setting a trap so Diomedes can kill Priam, then Odysseus kills Agenor. Without Priam as a balance the Achaeans eventually gain their victory. While in BMO 2, Odysseus... well you get the idea. :rolleyes:

There are some similarities between BMO 1 and 2. On night 3 in BMO 1 Odysseus correctly guesses that Agenor will protect Priam, the counter role to Odysseus, thus setting a trap so Diomedes can kill Priam, then Odysseus kills Agenor. Without Priam as a balance the Achaeans eventually gain their victory. While in BMO 2, Odysseus... well you get the idea. :rolleyes:

hehe, yeah. without the "Queen" pieces, the tables turn drastically. I'll make sure that in Mt. O III, Odysseus and Zeus will have to be the last ones standing :ph34r:

About the nullification by Medusa of Odysseus' guesses, I wouldn't have allowed it. It could block his movement and his kill, but I intended the guesses to always be a factor in the night. I didn't foresee Hades dying so early, since Hermes was not recruited yet, so that was some killer posting skills and thoughtfulness by Hermes and the Achaeans to organize that one. ...Zeus won't go down so easily. B))

Also, I was thinking about the randomness of players getting certain characters and how lucky we all were that it was Brandonb and Impervious (and Impervious and Prof. Templeton in Mt. O I), so I think I'll make a pool of experienced players and randomize that for Zeus and Odysseus only so that we don't get stuck with an inactive player or something for those crucial roles.

hehe, yeah. without the "Queen" pieces, the tables turn drastically. I'll make sure that in Mt. O III, Odysseus and Zeus will have to be the last ones standing :ph34r:

About the nullification by Medusa of Odysseus' guesses, I wouldn't have allowed it. It could block his movement and his kill, but I intended the guesses to always be a factor in the night. I didn't foresee Hades dying so early, since Hermes was not recruited yet, so that was some killer posting skills and thoughtfulness by Hermes and the Achaeans to organize that one. ...Zeus won't go down so easily. B))

Also, I was thinking about the randomness of players getting certain characters and how lucky we all were that it was Brandonb and Impervious (and Impervious and Prof. Templeton in Mt. O I), so I think I'll make a pool of experienced players and randomize that for Zeus and Odysseus only so that we don't get stuck with an inactive player or something for those crucial roles.

Sounds good to me.....*crosses fingers or one of those two roles* :D *crosses toes that it's me vs Bb again* :P

About the nullification by Medusa of Odysseus' guesses, I wouldn't have allowed it. It could block his movement and his kill, but I intended the guesses to always be a factor in the night.

Oh wow. Well then I guess instead of being at risk early in the game, I was wasting guesses late in the game. :duh:

Sounds good to me.....*crosses fingers or one of those two roles* :D *crosses toes that it's me vs Bb again* :P

Who knows, maybe we'll be on the same team :blink: ...

naaaahhhh that would never happen :P

I have a question about dawh's secret power. Could he still attack while invisible? And why was he killed when he tried to turn invisible? I know in the post it says the Cerberus was able to smell him, but I figured that was just some colourful storytelling. Did Hades guess that he would turn invisible and nullify it or something? (I don't remember reading any guesses like that).

I have a question about dawh's secret power. Could he still attack while invisible? And why was he killed when he tried to turn invisible? I know in the post it says the Cerberus was able to smell him, but I figured that was just some colourful storytelling. Did Hades guess that he would turn invisible and nullify it or something? (I don't remember reading any guesses like that).

No, it was either attack or hide, not both and I chose to attack that night because I considered myself to not be at risk for death (my error... :angry: ) The turning invisible thing in the night post was just itachi's storytelling.

No, it was either attack or hide, not both and I chose to attack that night because I considered myself to not be at risk for death (my error... :angry: ) The turning invisible thing in the night post was just itachi's storytelling.

I think we both made that mistake this game *mumbles about stupid Hermes*