BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus II

itachi-san

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the Monsters and those recruited by them, it was a privilege and an honor to play against you all! Our battle was long and arduous, but I believe the events have led to a potentially more exhilarating story to come :)

And to Hermes. I am sorry that we never came to recruit you (as you will see in the BTSC forum, we thought you had already been recruited so our first plea went elsewhere). We owe this win to you Artificial I. There's no way we could have done it without you and the game-changing action you helped us to make during the night after Odysseus was unleashed. ;)

Three cheers for Hermes! post-5980-1236980143.gifpost-5980-1236980143.gifpost-5980-1236980143.gif

and Doubledown for itachi's fantastic hosting and epic storytelling post-5980-1236980143.gif post-5980-1236980143.gif post-5980-1236980143.gif post-5980-1236980143.gif post-5980-1236980143.gif post-5980-1236980143.gif :D

To the Monsters and those recruited by them, it was a privilege and an honor to play against you all! Our battle was long and arduous, but I believe the events have led to a potentially more exhilarating story to come :)

And to Hermes. I am sorry that we never came to recruit you (as you will see in the BTSC forum, we thought you had already been recruited so our first plea went elsewhere). We owe this win to you Artificial I. There's no way we could have done it without you and the game-changing action you helped us to make during the night after Odysseus was unleashed. ;)

Three cheers for Hermes! post-5980-1236980143.gifpost-5980-1236980143.gifpost-5980-1236980143.gif

and Doubledown for itachi's fantastic hosting and epic storytelling post-5980-1236980143.gif post-5980-1236980143.gif post-5980-1236980143.gif post-5980-1236980143.gif post-5980-1236980143.gif post-5980-1236980143.gif :D

Aww, shucks!

Anyways, was I able to convince anyone that dawh was Hermes near the beginning of the game? I figured that's why Kat pled for Perseus, because she thought dawh was Hermes and dawh had been killed by then.

Aww, shucks!

Anyways, was I able to convince anyone that dawh was Hermes near the beginning of the game? I figured that's why Kat pled for Perseus, because she thought dawh was Hermes and dawh had been killed by then.

Well I wasn't fooled... :rolleyes:

I think we have a winner for the "Two-Faced" award though. :mellow::ph34r:

Also, I am looking forward to round three (even though I didn't get to live in this one... :angry: (I didn't see myself as a threat :huh: )).

Well I wasn't fooled... :rolleyes:

I think we have a winner for the "Two-Faced" award though. :mellow::ph34r:

Also, I am looking forward to round three (even though I didn't get to live in this one... :angry: (I didn't see myself as a threat :huh: )).

Sorry dawh, but we thought you were an Achaean/ally trying to gain your BTSC group's attention by pointing out the obvious fact that I was Cerberus. :P We also took into consideration that you could be Hermes or Perseus, but didn't see that as a major loss as we had already made a plea for Theseus. Of course, I thought you were a better choice for the daily plea. No offense, TB, but Perseus doesn't give away his ID when his attack fails and also gains an ID. So we didn't want you to be recruited by the Achaeans later, in case you were Perseus.

If only we hadn't been complacent with saving Hades :duh: ... But I thoroughly enjoyed playing as a monster. :D

Well played Achaeans and Odysseus. And the secret abilities of the Achaeans gave a slight edge to you guys. :P

Another great game Itachi! If there's Battle for Mount O - III, I am in. And oh, I enjoyed pestering you with several questions. :lol:

Thanks a lot everyone! You all really did outstanding. I have to disagree about the Secrets giving the Achaeans the edge though. Just think about some things that favor the Baddies, or that the Baddies missed:

Hades can only be killed by Odysseus and at his Castle -though this made you guys too complacent

:duh: You automatically get Persephone basically. Both PT and SG had secrets. Hermes was by far the most underrated character, even for his normal actions -he can be on the Surface every Night potentially, and therefore almost completely immortal as well. Nestor's normal 100% boost ability was very underrated as well. Plus, the Monsters were much more difficult to kill than the Humans.

Basically, I don't think anything should be taken away from the Achaean victory :D . They even came back from being pretty much down and out near the middle of the game.

I have no clue when the 3rd and final game will be. When I think of a concept and have time I guess B)) One thing's for sure though, there will be no secret abilities :P Odysseus, Diomedes and Nestor will be powerhouses though, but then again, so will Zeus and a couple other Olympians ;)

Yeah, but I can come up with two times in the baddie forums where you were basically going "Oh, you could stop Achaean ability X easy, if only you knew what it was..." That kind of sucked for us.

Also, SG and PT had secret abilities, pretty much THE ACHAEAN TEAM had secret abilities, and if we'd known Hermes could move people like that we'd have had a save handy for Impervious, or at least a guess. I didn't mind that, so much, since it was a good surprise, and kind of a balancing factor, but that wasn't a strategic failing on our part.

Yeah, but I can come up with two times in the baddie forums where you were basically going "Oh, you could stop Achaean ability X easy, if only you knew what it was..." That kind of sucked for us.

Also, SG and PT had secret abilities, pretty much THE ACHAEAN TEAM had secret abilities, and if we'd known Hermes could move people like that we'd have had a save handy for Impervious, or at least a guess. I didn't mind that, so much, since it was a good surprise, and kind of a balancing factor, but that wasn't a strategic failing on our part.

This coming from the happiest person to have secret abilities as part of the game... :rolleyes: Everyone was informed exactly who and what characters would have secret abilities waaaay before the game started. And I thought that the mentioning of them in the night posts was enough of a hint as to what each could be. The night before Hermes flew Odysseus to Hades Castle, he flew Odysseus somewhere else far away. Put that info together with the knowledge that Hermes had a secret ability and presto! ;)

Not taking anything away from the Achaean victory, only Hermes decided to make the game more interesting for himself. And I am not complaining about that as it did make the game more interesting. Predicting that would have been difficult, but we could have provided protection to Imp knowing that Odysseus has been freed. We missed a trick there and yeah as PT said that was the turning point, the game changed course entirely.

I knew that if I waited any longer after Odysseus was freed, then Hades would have started protecting himself every night. So the only way to catch him off guard was to attack him when he didn't expect it. And I knew that since the baddie team already had 3 independents, if I didn't do anything to help the goodies, then I definitely would have been recruited near the end and lost. So, if you think about it, betraying Impervious was the only move I had to help ensure my survival. And I think I said this in the Matrix thread, but the first mistake that the baddies made was when they chose to recruit Charon instead of me. In my opinion, it was that mistake that let to the baddies downfall :P .

I knew that if I waited any longer after Odysseus was freed, then Hades would have started protecting himself every night. So the only way to catch him off guard was to attack him when he didn't expect it. And I knew that since the baddie team already had 3 independents, if I didn't do anything to help the goodies, then I definitely would have been recruited near the end and lost. So, if you think about it, betraying Impervious was the only move I had to help ensure my survival. And I think I said this in the Matrix thread, but the first mistake that the baddies made was when they chose to recruit Charon instead of me. In my opinion, it was that mistake that let to the baddies downfall :P .

It was well played. <_<

Thanks again to Hermes. It really did turn the game around. I doubt we would've been able to hold out very well, especially since I went most of the game forgetting to block Medusa from blocking the Odysseus guesses (one block by her throughout most of the game, and we wouldn't have had a chance in Hades). :P

Lol i just read their night 2.

Lol well played guys.

LOL, yeah N2 was a mess!

Thanks again to Hermes. It really did turn the game around. I doubt we would've been able to hold out very well, especially since I went most of the game forgetting to block Medusa from blocking the Odysseus guesses (one block by her throughout most of the game, and we wouldn't have had a chance in Hades). :P

I was told that your guesses went through whether or not someone was targeting you. However, that was by one of our teammates, so we generally decided it wasn't worth it.

I was told that your guesses went through whether or not someone was targeting you. However, that was by one of our teammates, so we generally decided it wasn't worth it.

I think that was me. :blush: It was never contradicted though. I assumed that because the RD for Medusa says "Can petrify one player per night so they have no action", and guesses aren't really an action (like an attack or save or physical interaction).