BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus II

itachi-san

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope still in Tartarus. this is Night 9 if I recall as we all have to move 1-3 spaces tonight. Thus making GC able to move last night (Night 8)

Ah, which means that GC actually made a successful attack on Riranor last night and killed him, despite what the host wrote, gotcha <_<

Nah, Nestor is blocking him. He will be stuck on the surface again. :)

Ok, so Nestor is keeping him on the surface, why does he need me to move him to the surface? It seems to me that both teams want GC on the surface.

Ok, so Nestor is keeping him on the surface, why does he need me to move him to the surface? It seems to me that both teams want GC on the surface.

GC is already on the surface.

They are trying to trick you into moving him, therefore putting him below the surface where he can attack us.

They are trying to trick you into moving him, therefore putting him below the surface where he can attack us.

I don`t think it works that way. Basically I tell itachi where I want someone and he puts them there. If I tell him to move GC to the surface, he`ll probably just stay on the surface.

Actually, we aren't, the info we received from itachi stated otherwise. So don't even go there. <_< and besides based on what I've seen, Hermes chooses where to place the player, so by having Hermes move GC to the surface would have done nothin.

Actually, we aren't, the info we received from itachi stated otherwise. So don't even go there. <_< and besides based on what I've seen, Hermes chooses where to place the player, so by having Hermes move GC to the surface would have done nothin.

So again, it seems that both teams want GC on the surface for some reason.

Night 9: Nestor's Influence

Nestor: You're working on a splendid victory, m'Lord.

Odysseus: Hmph. You should know better than to cast a foul curse on us with a loose tongue.

Nestor: Look around you... the evil aura down here has almost completely vanished. There's hardly anything left to worry about. We've almost sealed our victory. All thanks to that cunning wit of yours.

Odysseus smiled as he reached down, grabbed the hilt of his sword, and pulled it from Impervious2's fallen body. Imp2's corpse lifted a little from the tug, but then slid back down from the blade as Odysseus pulled it completely out from the fatal gash. Sending the blood flying from his blade and across a rock wall, Odysseus sliced through the misty air and skillfully slid the sword back into its sheathe.

Odysseus (with a wry look): I beg pardon, but don't deny your part in this. You've been nothing but a help my old friend. I feel as if I wouldn't have been able to best Imp2 tonight if not for your sage advice on his weak-spots. ...speaking of advice, what do you think GC is up to tonight? I know he's been on your mind as of late.

Nestor (beaming): Much obliged for the kind words... as for GC, he won't be able to find us tonight. I've made sure of that. It's difficult to explain, just take my word for it... he seemed to want to stay there anyway...

Odysseus: ...another night then. Another night and we'll finish him off for good.

Nestor: Indeed we shall. And then... m'Lord? What is it?

Odysseus: I was just thinking if that trap would be enough to fool Theseus.

Nestor: It was more than enough Odysseus. That one's seemed to have lost a bit of his mind being down here so long. Luck seems to have all but left him as well. Tonight, he's of no consequence. A.I. will stay safe as you predicted. ...come along now. Let's leave this one to rot.

Nestor held out a hand and gestured toward an, as of yet, untrod passageway inside Tartarus. The two veteran warriors calmly walked into it, leaving Imp2's body to the small scavengers emerging from the tiny crevices and shaded inlets in the hellish terrain of Tartarus. Those not actively hindering the intruders were taking advantage and delight in the spoils of the Achaean's successful insurrection. The most horrid and powerful monsters, once feared by all others, were now slain or weakened and those that did not hold much weight now sought to venture farther then they ever thought possible. Rapidly, Tartarus was changing, evolving, but fate had yet to reveal its finished form.

---

1) SomeGuy [Monster] -DEAD

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]

5) Prof. T -DEAD

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] -DEAD

8) Bb

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST -DEAD

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) Impervious2 -DEAD

14) SG2 - [Monster]

15) twin bro

16) IDNE -DEAD

17) Kat2 - [Human]

Day 9 begins now. Thanks for playing (again) Impervious!

Itachi, after the game's over, can all players view both the BTSC forums? I personally would love to enjoy comparing each nights actions. Should be fun. :P

Ya, I concur. I'd like to see what I've been missing.

Well, all of the Heroes will be voting against twin bro.

Hermes, please vote with us so we can go ahead and call this day to an end. :)

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]

5) Prof. T -DEAD

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] -DEAD

8) Bb - twin bro

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST -DEAD

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) Impervious2 -DEAD

14) SG2 - [Monster]

15) twin bro

16) IDNE -DEAD

17) Kat2 - [Human]

Edited by Brandonb

It is of course in my best interest to vote with the majority. This way, I might still be able to win without getting recruited.

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]

5) Prof. T -DEAD

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] -DEAD

8) Bb - twin bro

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST -DEAD

11) Artificial I - is voting for twin bro

12) Riranor

13) Impervious2 -DEAD

14) SG2 - [Monster]

15) twin bro

16) IDNE -DEAD

17) Kat2 - [Human]

It is of course in my best interest to vote with the majority. This way, I might still be able to win without getting recruited.

'Might'? :P

At this point you have the option to win as an Indy or as an Achaean (though you will not be recruited till tomorrow's lynch if that is what you want).

Either way you win :)

So is there any point in going on with the lynch? :huh:

Brandonb, you are oh so predictable. What wanted to get my strategizing out of the way? :P

No, I just figured that twinbro wouldn't be sticking around to fight ;)

And with everyone else hanging out on the surface, you just happened to be the only one remaining :rolleyes:

And yes, the strategizing was a HUGE bonus :P

Itachi, after the game's over, can all players view both the BTSC forums? I personally would love to enjoy comparing each nights actions. Should be fun. :P

Yeah, I've already asked rookie to make them both accessible after the game. It shouldn't be a problem. Both forums have been really great and quite brilliant if I may say so ;)

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]

5) Prof. T -DEAD

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] -DEAD

8) Bb - twin bro

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST -DEAD

12) Riranor

13) Impervious2 -DEAD

14) SG2 - [Monster]

15) twin bro

16) IDNE -DEAD

17) Kat2 - [Human]

I can end the Day if people are OK with that. It will be a majority vote on Twin Bro.

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]

5) Prof. T -DEAD

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] -DEAD

8) Bb - twin bro

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST -DEAD

12) Riranor

13) Impervious2 -DEAD

14) SG2 - [Monster]

15) twin bro - voting for riranor

16) IDNE -DEAD

17) Kat2 - [Human]

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]

5) Prof. T -DEAD

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] -DEAD

8) Bb - twin bro

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST -DEAD

12) Riranor

13) Impervious2 -DEAD

14) SG2 - [Monster] - is voting for twin bro

16) IDNE -DEAD

17) Kat2 - [Human]

Edited by SomeGuy

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]

5) Prof. T -DEAD

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] -DEAD

8) Bb - twin bro

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST -DEAD

12) Riranor

13) Impervious2 -DEAD

14) SG2 - [Monster] - is voting for twin bro

16) IDNE -DEAD

17) Kat2 - [Human]

Why is SomeGuy voting for twin bro?

A God is Born

With the rising Sun at his back, warming his soul from his long stay in Tartarus, Odysseus watched as the last remnants of Hades' minions crept out of Tartarus onto the Surface.

GC: We wish to call a truce Odysseus. Your skill and power rivals that of even Zeus. It destroyed my Master and...

The words began to trail off as life left GC. Odysseus had chopped off the final head of the Dog-Beast Cerberus quicker than he had ever moved before. Cerberus' body began to ignite all over and he melted into a heinous puddle of soulless evil. SG2, seeing that their rival had no interest in a peaceful end, launched himself from the shadows at Odysseus, only to be struck down from behind by the one-armed warrior, Diomedes. Split down the center, Medusa, fell to each side. Her snakes all tried to flee the carnage, but died, turning to ash as the last breath exhaled from her lips.

With honor and dignity, twin bro walked up to the Surface. Carefully looking over at the dispersing ash that once was Medusa and the black sizzling ooze that had been Cerberus, he tightened his gauntlets, and pointed his sword at Odysseus.

Theseus: What do you say? One last duel Odysseus?

Odysseus: I wish there was another way my friend, but I can see the evil of that place has consumed your human-heart. Your soul now belongs there and I shall send it myself.

A clash of blades, two swings and the opponents parted. Odysseus stood firm, facing away from Theseus who also held his position. Then blood exploded from Theseus' mid-section and he dropped his sword, clanging to a standstill on the rocky soil.

Theseus: I'm glad... it was you.

As Theseus collapsed in a pool of blood, Nestor and Diomedes let out the breath they had been holding as they watched the brief duel transpire. Odysseus ripped a piece of Theseus' clothing off and wiped his blade thoroughly clean this time before sheathing it. It was over. He was free. And Hades... was dead. Calmness did not find him though. Something was still bothering him.

Odysseus: But now what of Tartarus? The dead still need to rest in peace.

Cutting short his words, Demeter rose from the ground as if she was made of soil and leaf, and raised a finger to silence him. The three veterans stared in wonder at the beautiful Goddess of the Earth.

Demeter: I know that you had no choice but to kill my daughter. I am not here for vengeance. Rather, I am here to make Tartarus my own. As you said, the dead need to rest and souls need a final destination. Henceforth, I shall take over control of the underworld and let it be known that it will be peaceful, lush and joyous from now and forever on. The cruel practices of Hades are over and soon forgotten.

Odysseus: But My Lady Demeter. What of the Surface? Is it not too much a burden on you to tend to both.

Demeter: Have you not felt it?

Odysseus: ...

Demeter: Grab hold of your companion's shoulder and imagine your desire as if it were truth.

Diomedes looked puzzlingly at Odysseus as he grabbed his shoulder where his arm had once been attached. Closing his eyes, Odysseus imagined his friend whole again. Shuddering from the odd feeling, Diomedes' eyes widened in shock. When Odysseus let go and opened his eyes, Diomedes was indeed again whole. All three surviving Achaeans were elated despite their ignorance of how it happened. Odysseus threw his sword at Diomedes who grabbed it and along with own, spun them both wildly as if he never lost any time practicing his dual-sword forms.

Odysseus: I...I'm afraid I don't understand.

Demeter (fading away): You are a God now Odysseus. Your power is so great, it may even surpass my Generation. It is a power you must come to understand and hone on your own volition and with your own wit. I wish you well. Excuse me now, for I have quite a job ahead of me cleaning this place up. ...oh, and Odysseus. Expect to hear from Kronos. He leads the Titans to freedom from their ever long stay in this prison.

Odysseus: ...Kro...Kronos? Wait! Demeter! Please don't... don't... ugh. Is my trial not over yet?

???: Of course not.

Spinning to face the new voice, all three Achaeans again stood slack-jawed as Hera stared them all down with eyes colder than ice and harder than stone. Her arms were folded and she wore a scowl. "You've ruined my plans Odysseus. I intended on using both you and Hades as pieces to play against Zeus. Well, what's done is done, but I must insist that you three join my effort and finally pull this world from Zeus' clutches."

Nestor: Pardon my accusation, but have you gone mad? A rebellion against Zeus? And why us? I, for one, do not want anything to do with that.

Hera: You will join me or die... wha? What is this?

Hera looked down at the hand that had plunged into her back and jutted out from her chest. Slowly and painfully turning her head, she saw that Odysseus had somehow managed to escape her watchful gaze and take her from behind. Her bodily form disintegrated quickly, silently and Demeter welcomed her first guest.

Odysseus: How did I? and what are you two doing?

Nestor (kneeling): We are kneeling before a God, Odysseus. The God of the next Generation. The Holy Usher.

Diomedes (kneeling): As I would follow you to the pits of Tartarus, I will follow you to the highest reaches of the Heavens.

Odysseus: Please rise my friends. I'd say that our duty is done. I now have the power to protect you and all those I hold dear. Let us return home to our families, our shores, our land, and finally rest.

---

Zeus: Hades is dead. Persephone is dead. Apollo, Athena, and Ares are all dead as well. And you did nothing to help any of them? Now, the Titans are free. Surely they will want Olympus back. ... (spinning to face his guest) Well!?! What have you to say for yourself?!

Hermes: I survived Father.

Gritting his teeth, Zeus hazarded a glance at his son's disrespectful display. He pointed a finger at Hermes, causing the Messenger to flinch to Zeus' satisfaction. He then lowered his finger to point at Hermes' left foot. A bolt of lightning shot from Zeus and exploded one of the Fleet-footed God's wings. Hermes doubled over in pain. Still percolating with rage over the current events, Zeus lashed out at Hermes.

Zeus: You are forever forbidden to aid anyone's will but my own! And now you should be slowed down enough so that I can keep you in check. Go find me Hephaestus! ...and Hera! ...Where has that troublesome woman gone now?

---

It seemed as if it were a dream. The entire Earth was still, but Odysseus could still move. As could one other. Kronos walked over to Odysseus, towering over the former-Human. "You have grown strong Human. Now even cast as one of the Gods. Always remember your place though. You cannot match Zeus' power as you are. And we Titans cannot ascend back to Tartarus on our own. Therefore, I bestow upon you the power to Summon us in your coming battle." Odysseus' shock was pasted across his face. Power surged through him as he came to understand his capabilities.

Odysseus: This has all been very flattering, but neither I nor my friends have any intention of this battle with Zeus I keep hearing about.

Kronos (returning Time to the world): Even if you have no home to which you may return?

Diomedes: Wait... What?

Kronos: My son scorched Achaea from the Earth upon hearing the News of your exaltation. He has no intention of letting you live in peace. He wants vengeance and I want you to deliver. Deliver him death and a place of his own in Tartarus.

Odysseus: Surely, I've fallen from his graces, but... my home? MY HOME!?!?!

---

Diomedes strapped his swords to his back in a giant X. Nestor cleared his throat. Odysseus mentally prepared for the battle of wits that would inevitably come. He should have known this would happen. Fate never let him be at peace. But it had never gone this far either. His wife... he swallowed deeply as he swung his shield around onto his back.

Nestor: I doubt Hermes will help us anymore. You can't fly now, can you my Lord?

Odysseus: Ha! I suppose trying wouldn't hurt, but no, I'm certain. My dominion seems to be the Earth. Again we must venture into the enemy's territory. I've enlisted the help of someone I once met in Tartarus though. He'll be here shortly.

Diomedes and Nestor stood in awe as Icarus landed betwixt them, giant wings folding closed on his back, stirring a massive breeze. Icarus looked at the three of them. "I'm only going to risk taking you one at a time. I hope that is satisfactory."

Odysseus, Nestor and Diomedes (elated): Aye!

---

Breastplate strapped on, gauntlets tight, helmet dawned, Zeus accepted the newly forged Shield and Sword from his son, Hephaestus. "Outrageous that I must bother with a human in such a way. He may have taken the Surface and the Underworld. He may have defeated Hera and Hades, but he can never take the Sky from me. I'll rip his newfound immortality right out of him and then I'll devour his soul." A current of electricity ran up and down the blade of Zeus. He lifted the massive sword above his heart and rained down upon the Earth a torrent of storms, thunder booming, lightning crackling. "The only era he will Usher in, is the Era where I take full control of all that there is. I can no longer let other Gods maintain their dominions. Not just the Sky, but the Seas, the Underworld, and the Earth will all be mine!"

---

Rain beat down hard on Odysseus as Icarus flew him to farthest reaches of the Sky, dodging lightning blasts from all sides. There. They were almost there. Mount Olympus. The place where the Mightiest of the Gods waited for him. The place where his life of war would come to an end, one way or the other. The brilliant light of the Heavens almost blinded him, but Odysseus' eyes saw the unreal. He saw himself sitting at the Apex of Olympus. Zeus' slain body and the world at peace. A dream or the future? Odysseus could not tell them apart.

---

1) SomeGuy - Siren

2) Impervious - Hades

3) LIS - Apollo

4) GC - Cerberus

5) Prof. T - Persephone

6) dawh - Perseus

7) Kat - Calchus

8) Bb - Odysseus

9) RMZ - Minotaur

10) ST - Athena

11) Artificial I - Hermes

12) Riranor - Nestor

13) Impervious2 - Argus

14) SG2 - Medusa

15) twin bro - Theseus

16) IDNE - Charon

17) Kat2 - Diomedes

Secret Abilities:: finally revealed ;)

Players:

Brandonb: Gains the ID of anyone who attacks him.

Prof. Templeton: Able to use a random Monster's power each Night in addition to his normal power.

SomeGuy: Will counter-attack anyone who attacks him (assuming they fail) with a 50% chance of killing his attacker

dawh: Can turn invisible (not 2 nights in a row) and avoid all contact except Hades' guess

Characters:

Odysseus: Can select any player who has voted for him that Day, to be made powerless for the Night.

Calchus: Can sway a vote once every 3 days as long as there are 2 different victims not voted for by the Achaean BTSC

Apollo: Once per game, can shoot a sacred arrow through the ceiling of Tartarus. Light will pour in and blind all, except for himself, from making any malicious actions. (too bad this one never got used...)

Nestor: Can talk with someone in addition to his normal pep talk and prevent them from moving that night.

Athena: Can save two people ever other Night.

Diomedes: Can target two people every other Night.

Hermes: Can override Charon’s duty if he guesses Charon's victim and can bring one person to any specific location once per cycle.

~Thanks for playing everyone! This has really been a fun game for me and I hope for all of you as well. Sorry about the little glitches and overlapping of powers, but from a spectators view, they didn't have much impact. Congratulations to the Achaeans for a masterful win, and to the Monsters for an almost equally executed fight. ...till next time

epic post as usual itachi. To the Achaeans...well played...I do say that it was quite a fight to the end. I think both sides fought valiantly...itachi, do i foresee a theme for the next Mt O?