BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus II

itachi-san

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've been thinking about this for the past hour, trying to decide which team stands the better chance. As far as I know, the Monsters have two killers, Cerberus and Theseus, as well as the Medusa (maybe) and either the Siren, Argus or Charon to round it out. The Achaeans have two killers, Odysseus and Diomedes, and one other character who I think is Nestor, but I'm not positive. I can't decide who has the upper hand because I don't have enough information. Give me until tonight to decide what my vote is. I'll search for some divine inspiration until then.

Siren is gone, you would've seen him act last night. ;)

We have Odysseus, which is not only a killing role, but a saving role also :)

Plus, don't forget that it has been revealed that Diomedes makes 2 attacks (like having two killing roles in one)

You are much better off siding with us.

1) SomeGuy [Monster] -DEAD

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster] - voting for Kat2

5) Prof. T -DEAD

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] -DEAD

8) Bb - voting for SG2

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST -DEAD

11) Artificial I - voting for twin bro

12) Riranor - voting for SG2

13) Impervious2 voting for - Kat2

14) SG2 voting for - voting for Kat2

15) twin bro - voting for Kat2

16) IDNE -DEAD

17) Kat2 - voting for SG2

3) LIS - DEAD

5) Prof. T -DEAD

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] -DEAD

8) Bb - voting for SG2

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST -DEAD

11) Artificial I - voting for twin bro

16) IDNE -DEAD

Remove the quote tags please Rir :3 Er...lets NOT kill me shall we? :D

<(^-^)>

Ok, I thought about this during my drive home, and I've thought of a compromise. In order to satisfy both sides, I think everyone should vote for me.

We could use your help Hermes. Especially your assistance in todays vote. And I would prefer not to disable you tonight (though I can understand why you would want to stay safe using that method).

Though, would it not be better for you to assist us in tying up the lynch so that we Achaeans can make a plea, while at the same time both sides will be balanced with the loss of a player? Hermes, you will be protected by us. You need not fear scorning the Monsters by initiating a tie.

Why are you guys voting for SG2 anyways? Wouldn't you want to vote for one of the killers like GC or twin bro?

Because they think it will prevent us from stopping their actions if he's up top.

Edited by Impervious

Well, I've got plans tonight so I'm forced to make my decision now. I hope no one takes it personally.

3) LIS - DEAD

5) Prof. T -DEAD

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] -DEAD

8) Bb - voting for SG2

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST -DEAD

11) Artificial I - voting for SG2

16) IDNE -DEAD

Well, I've got plans tonight so I'm forced to make my decision now. I hope no one takes it personally.

I suppose you threw your chips in a long time ago, but after all you've done against us, Hermes, I am afraid that my team is forced to consider you an enemy, rather than an independent. Ciao.

I suppose you threw your chips in a long time ago, but after all you've done against us, Hermes, I am afraid that my team is forced to consider you an enemy, rather than an independent. Ciao.

I second that AI. Your loss.

Day 8: Hermes' Dilemma

Trying to ignore the Human's Plea, the Messenger God stood with his back to Kat2 as she waited for the ferry on the shore of the River Styx.

Kat2: ...but I will be powerless tonight... and across the River. We need you. Your allegiance would give us all the power we need to beat them! Don't do this alone anymore Olympian. Join us and help eradicate Tartarus as we did Troy before this.

Hermes stood motionless, arms folded, scowling as he thought of his fate. Intertwined again with these Achaean warriors. Shaking his head slightly in acceptance, he answered the Human.

Hermes: If I receive another Sacrifice from you or another Achaean, I will finally join you. My independence has never been personal Achaean, so do not take it as such. I'm just doing my best to survive down here and leave in one piece. More powerful Gods than I have already fallen in this forsaken place. ...come see me again. Only then.. will I join you.

---

Gazing coldly over at the God and Human conversing, SG2 waited for the ferry further down the shore of dust and bone. The River looked somehow odd to him, but a mental image of normalcy escaped his thoughts. He only thought of how best to bide his time. To wait through the Night, powerless, and vulnerable.

---

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]

5) Prof. T -DEAD

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] -DEAD

8) Bb

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST -DEAD

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) Impervious2

14) SG2 - [Monster]

15) twin bro

16) IDNE -DEAD

17) Kat2 - [Human]

Night 9 begins now. Since there are so few players now, we can probably speed cycles up as long as everyone feels comfortable and gets a chance to finalize their actions. Congrats to the 8 survivors left ;)

Hermes: Proposal for a temporary alliance!

AI here's a proposal for you. Note the stress on the word temporary? Temporary here refers to one night, not anymore or any less. You do understand then that this proposal is realistic, practical, don't you? We know you are going to be recruited tomorrow, so no reason for us to suggest otherwise. You are going to win or lose as an Achaean, no doubt about it. But you win or lose only if you are alive.

The outline of our proposal is simple:

You carry me to the surface tonight and we let you live. However if you want assurance from us that we are not going to kill you tonight, you are free to assure us that you intend to co-operate with us for the night. If no assurance is given, I am not responsible for the actions of my teammates. It's their role, it's their kill. But an assurance on the other hand will be satisfactory for both parties.

And if you try and slip a fast one on us again tonight, as my monster friends have said, we have no choice but to change our win condition from killing the Achaeans, to killing you AI, our initial benefactor and well-wisher.

And oh, I have also taken into account Bb's nullifying guesses. His hands should be full at the moment unless he wishes to take some undue risks. :P

AI here's a proposal for you. Note the stress on the word temporary? Temporary here refers to one night, not anymore or any less. You do understand then that this proposal is realistic, practical, don't you? We know you are going to be recruited tomorrow, so no reason for us to suggest otherwise. You are going to win or lose as an Achaean, no doubt about it. But you win or lose only if you are alive.

You carry me to the surface tonight and we let you live. However if you want assurance from us that we are not going to kill you tonight, you are free to assure us that you intend to co-operate with us for the night. If no assurance is given, I am not responsible for the actions of my teammates. It's their role, it's their kill. But an assurance on the other hand will be satisfactory for both parties.

And if you try and slip a fast one on us again tonight, as my monster friends have said, we have no choice but to change our win condition from killing the Achaeans, to killing you AI, our initial benefactor and well-wisher.

And oh, I have also taken into account Bb's nullifying guesses. His hands should be full at the moment unless he wishes to take some undue risks. :P

Ai You have my promise too. provided you wholly accept the terms of this temporary alliance.

I am definitely considering your offer, but I have one question. Why can't you move to the surface yourself? I've been tracking your location as best I could since I moved you on Night 6 (to Tantalus' Lake), and it seems that you are most likely in The Valley of Sisyphus right now, putting you exactly 3 spaces from the surface. So, since it's an odd night, you should be able to move up there no problem. The only reason you wouldn't be in the The Valley of Sisyphus right now is if you chose to move only 1 space on Night 7 instead of 3 spaces. Seeing as how you would want the option to go to the surface in case the need ever arised (like right now for instance), it doesn't make sense for you to only have moved 1 space on Night 7.

I am definitely considering your offer, but I have one question. Why can't you move to the surface yourself? I've been tracking your location as best I could since I moved you on Night 6 (to Tantalus' Lake), and it seems that you are most likely in The Valley of Sisyphus right now, putting you exactly 3 spaces from the surface. So, since it's an odd night, you should be able to move up there no problem. The only reason you wouldn't be in the The Valley of Sisyphus right now is if you chose to move only 1 space on Night 7 instead of 3 spaces. Seeing as how you would want the option to go to the surface in case the need ever arised (like right now for instance), it doesn't make sense for you to only have moved 1 space on Night 7.

Well I am not volunteering any information. But the fact remains unchanged: I cannot move to the surface tonight, unless you carry me.

It's because they are lying... so how can you trust the rest of what they are saying?. GC is already on the Surface (sent there after the lynch) and he wants you to bring him down to Tartarus to attack.

Leave him where he is and NO ONE will harm you tonight. You can trust my word, we have always had your best interests at heart Hermes.

Edit: Your best option tonight is to not act.

Edited by Brandonb