BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus II

itachi-san

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys! My apologies, but I won't be able to get the Night posted until, at the earliest, late tonight. I knew I was gonna be swamped today at work, which is why I was glad the game was in the Day phase, but then Athena foiled my plans... <_< jks :lol: seriously though, I've really got to finish this giant pile of work.

The game is nearing it's end, so I especially don't want anymore mistakes on my part and I'd like to take my time writing the Night as well. So, my apologies again. If you blame anyone, please blame my job ;)

Ha ha, I totally understand the job taking over ones ability to host....I think we had a few days and nights that ran longer than expected due to life outside of BD, mainly work-related.

Ha ha, I totally understand the job taking over ones ability to host....I think we had a few days and nights that ran longer than expected due to life outside of BD, mainly work-related.

yeah man :rolleyes: . On another note, I was actually just going to ask if you wanted to be relieved of your ghost-ness. JS can no longer play so can you become Impervious2 and take his place?

yeah man :rolleyes: . On another note, I was actually just going to ask if you wanted to be relieved of your ghost-ness. JS can no longer play so can you become Impervious2 and take his place?

hmm sure. i wont make it through the night :P I think I've caused quite stir amongst the Achaeans :P

I just want everyone to know that in my downtime (which I have a lot of cause I can't see either BTSC forum) I've been designing my own Mafia style game. Now granted, this is still my first game and normally you should play like at least 6 games before hosting your own (according to unreality), but I still think my game has some promise. I'm still working out the kinks and I don't plan on starting anything until this game is over, but if anyone wants to express any interest in it just let me know. I'm basing the characters and story around the Titan War (so more greek mythology).

I just want everyone to know that in my downtime (which I have a lot of cause I can't see either BTSC forum) I've been designing my own Mafia style game. Now granted, this is still my first game and normally you should play like at least 6 games before hosting your own (according to unreality), but I still think my game has some promise. I'm still working out the kinks and I don't plan on starting anything until this game is over, but if anyone wants to express any interest in it just let me know. I'm basing the characters and story around the Titan War (so more greek mythology).

Sounds cool. I would definitly suggest that you talk to an experienced player/Host before posting so that you can have a second eye to look at the setup, someone with more experience and ability to point out problems.

Sounds cool. I would definitly suggest that you talk to an experienced player/Host before posting so that you can have a second eye to look at the setup, someone with more experience and ability to point out problems.

That's a good tip, but I don't want to show it to them if they intend on playing because it would give away some of the secrets. So I'd only show it to someone who doesn't intend on playing.

Night 8: Diomedes' Power and Persephone's Secret

The hulking Theseus stood over his fallen prey Odysseus. Odysseus tried shimmying himself free, but his opponent had him pinned with his legs and sharply kicked Odysseus' side each chance he got. Theseus' eyes were ablaze with angst, watching Odysseus squirm, hopefully for the last time. Theseus' pride had been shattered too many times by this man, but no more.

Theseus: No more!

Driving his sword home, Theseus' arms stopped short of their intention, his sword parried and blocked by Odysseus' gauntlets. Theseus leaned down on the hilt. "Even on your back, you are impenetrable. *sigh* very well Odysseus. I'll acknowledge you. Living so long down here makes a man insane, you'll soon find that out the way you're going."

Odysseus: I don't intend to prove you right. I have some unfinished business in Tartarus and then I'm leaving as fast as my will shall take me.

Theseus (walking away, sheathing his sword): I've heard that one before... by a warrior named Perseus I believe. Ever heard of him? Ah, no matter... fare well warrior, fare well... until we meet again.

Odysseus: Why do I get the feeling we will?

---

Having fully intended on crossing the River Styx, GC collapsed and held his ears, but he couldn't keep the voice out. It was as if it was inside his head. He could almost put a face to the voice. An old man, oddly enough, but he wore a large robe with a deep hood, shading his face.

GC (thrashing on the ground): Get out of my head!

Nestor: You have been misunderstanding my abilities monster. You will not be getting any closer tonight.

GC (trying in vain to stop the halting voice): Stop it! Let me pass or pay the price!

Nestor (concentrating harder and jamming his sword into the earth before him): You shall not proceed!

---

Knowing it to be futile, GC gave up his search for Riranor. Riranor felt overconfident as it was anyway, with Athena guarding his back. The two looked up to see Hermes flying high above them. He seemed to have SG2 by the collar, carrying him to Zeus knows where... but then, from a nearby flickering passageway, the torches almost blowing out from the commotion, erupted a screaming Kat2 followed by one of Tartarus' monsters for certain. The beast was near and its sound escalated as it destroyed everything in its path, chasing Kat2 down.

With a shockwave, Medusa burst from the passage with a wicked shriek. Her snake-like body whipping and curling faster than a storm over the seas. It was all Kat2 could do to defend herself from the hundreds of snakes that leaped from the monster. Just when Kat2 was about to give in, Athena finally arrived and whisked Kat2 away. She left her next to Riranor and faced Medusa herself.

Athena: I've had enough of you. I'll be your opponent tonight. What do you say to a duel? Me and you, to the death.

Medusa: *hiss* I don't *whip* think s-s-s-so. *hiss* but this-s-s-s will be the las-s-s-st time *hiss* we ever meet... *hiss* Godess-s-s-s-s-s

Athena (as Medusa retreated back into the tunnel): Coward! You're all cowards! Face me fairly, right now!

Silence answered her as frustration mounted. At least she could take some solace in knowing she had kept Riranor and Kat2 safe. A bit uneasy though, Athena haltingly slid down a wall to sit down, back against it, and rest herself, ever watchful for the next disturbance. She had learned from her time with Odysseus: "There is always another disturbance. No peace with that man's destiny."

---

Twin Bro walked through the depths of Tartarus in a more casual manner than usual. With all the mayhem and the changes in leadership, many of the dangers in this place had either fled or disintegrated. Unfortunately, he was a bit too oblivious, because he did not even notice Odysseus until the Achaean's blade was at his throat.

Odysseus: No more indeed. This is good-bye, TB.

From the corner of his mouth, TB smirked at Odysseus just as the vines rose from the tainted ground and wrapped Odysseus' arms. Cinching tighter around his wrists, Odysseus was forced to drop his sword and shield. He was defenseless! But he did not let any emotion show on his face. He only looked his would-be killer in the eyes. But TB only retreated back to the shadows. Odysseus stood there, entwined in the leafy black vines, squinting at two shadowy figures. "Persephone?" he wondered. The two conversed, as Odysseus saw a third figure appear a short distance from the first couple. It was ST! Had she come to save him? She stealthily approached the two enemies.

Persephone: Oh do stop lurking back there ST. I can sense your presence at twice the distance.

ST straightened, a bit flustered. "Well Persephone, I see being down in Tartarus has done... done... wha?" ST looked down and blood dripped from her bottom lip, down her cheek and onto the ground. It spattered off the thick shoots of Cypress that pierced her several times through the torso. Persephone flicked a finger and the Cypress shot back into the ground, leaving only tiny cracks in the surface layer. Blood cascaded from ST as she toppled over, knees, hips, body fell to the floor, eyes wide with shock, frozen open as Persephone and Twin Bro vanished into the darkness.

Persephone (voice over): Sorry to do you in like that. Not very fair was it? As if you could fathom all of my abilities... Ahahahahaha! Look what has happened to your friends Odysseus! They came down here to save you and now look at what you created! Death. Death surrounds you Odysseus. Wise General. Great Tactician. Yet you stand on a pile of your companions' corpses.

The taunting seemed to come from everywhere at once. It reverberated around the area, sinking deep into Odysseus' soul. The words tormented him because they held too much truth. But Persephone was now long gone. The vines then soon retreated from Odysseus and back into the ground. He ran over to ST, but alas, there was nothing he could do. He only held her, tears falling silently, as he made the vow of a lifetime.

---

Nestor sat with Diomedes, once again boosting the warrior to his highest capability. Over his words, they heard a calamity from another region. It sounded bad. Like death. Diomedes got a bad feeling and raced ahead of Nestor. Along the way, he encountered Prof. Templeton walking in the opposite direction. He seemed relaxed and paid no heed to Diomedes' presence. Diomedes raised his spear to PT's face and demanded an explanation of what happened prior to their meeting.

PT: I don't owe you any explanations, one-armed warrior. And just what do you intend to do with only one arm? I certainly hope...

Almost instantaneously, Diomedes' blade was coated in blood and PT's head hit the ground with a thud and then came to a wobbling still, eyes open and fixated on Diomedes as the Achaean whipped the blood off his blade. The slash of blood hit a skulking IDNE right across the face. He sputtered and took a step back into the shadow.

Diomedes: Trying to sneak up on me?

IDNE: A one-armed man who can take out PT is not one with who to be trifled. I have no qualms ceasing an advantage in battle.

Diomedes: Then you won't mind me ceasing mine. You see, when my mentor Nestor has anything to say about it, neither God, nor Monster can stand in my way.

IDNE saw a dangerous glimmer in the Achaean's eye. He backed off, wishing he was on the Surface.

Diomedes: And some nights, I get so blood-thristy, I can't help it. I just need more. More of the ecstasy I feel when I take a life. And you... you do not exist.

As he thought about the phrase, IDNE realized he was looking at his own feet, sideways, and swaying up and down. He was dead. Diomedes had swung so fast, IDNE did not even see the cut that took his head. This time, Diomedes wiped his blade off for good before he sheathed it. Nestor later caught up to his friend. He saw the silhouette of Diomedes looming in an archway, grasping two heads by their hair and hollering a vicious warcry that's echo could be heard throughout all of Tartarus. All the way from Hades' crumbling Castle to the receding River Styx. Tartarus would be changed forever. ...no matter who won this costly battle.

---

1) SomeGuy [Monster] -DEAD

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]

5) Prof. T -DEAD

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] -DEAD

8) Bb

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST -DEAD

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) Impervious2

14) SG2

15) twin bro

16) IDNE -DEAD

17) Kat2

Day 8 begins now. Perhaps we can have a shorter day, just to get back on track? We'll play it by ear. Sorry for the delay with the Night Post and thanks for playing to IDNE, PT and ST! ...so many ghosts... well, this is Tartarus we're in. ;)

Wow, a lot happened last night. So apparently Diomedes has a secret ability to kill two people in one night, and Persephone has a secret ability to kill someone as well as save someone. I think this game is almost over, because, unless I've made a mistake, I think that all the saving roles have been killed off now (including Athena and Persephone).

Wow, a lot happened last night. So apparently Diomedes has a secret ability to kill two people in one night, and Persephone has a secret ability to kill someone as well as save someone. I think this game is almost over, because, unless I've made a mistake, I think that all the saving roles have been killed off now (including Athena and Persephone).

There's still more secrets out there. BOOOoooooooooo.... . .

I dunno, AI...a lot can happen :o

Well, it was really fun to play! Thanks for making my death and the superbly long post amazingly epic :P Good luck everyone! :) Great game Itachi :D

In the meantime, I'll go explore the gloomy pit of doom called Tartarus and desperately search for an air conditioner :mellow:

Well, lets get this thing started :P

1) SomeGuy [Monster] -DEAD

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC [Monster]

5) Prof. T -DEAD

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human] -DEAD

8) Bb - voting for SG2

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST -DEAD

11) Artificial I