• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plea is in...:3

<(^-^)>

roger that! :D

Day 4 Addendum: Out of Sight

Kat plead for the hero Perseus to join her plight against the insidious God Hades. She felt his presence as her prayer echoed across her surroundings. Looking up, she could swear she saw the heroic warrior, but he appeared almost translucent and surreal. He spoke softly, so only Kat could possible hear. Only a few words and Perseus' form slowly drifted away and dissolved into the air.

Kat: Yes. A horrible fate that is ...to die in Tartarus. I'd offer assistance escaping this awful place, but it's all we could do to have freed our Lord Odysseus. Rest in peace warrior. And if not peace, then in knowing that we mean to avenge Odysseus and kill Hades.

Perseus (voice over): I wish I could join you, but alas, fate would not allow it. Good luck to you.

uobhgzigrtvifkglk....you would SG <_<

sorry I don't have much of a sense of humor today, just found out i'm losing my job in a month so I wont be near as active here.

my apologies itachi. I'll do my best to keep up with it all.

uobhgzigrtvifkglk....you would SG <_<

sorry I don't have much of a sense of humor today, just found out i'm losing my job in a month so I wont be near as active here.

my apologies itachi. I'll do my best to keep up with it all.

Aw man, sorry to hear about that. Don't worry about the game Impervious, it's just a game after all. Good luck finding a new job! :) ~nah, you don't need luck, you've got skillz ;)

Both BTSC forums are quite busy and have both received answers from me only recently :) Let's try for another hour of debate and finalization. This is a very interesting night, so I won't stop the night if things need to be resolved. Like I said, hopefully another hour, but I won't just stop it if people need some more time. Also, don't forget about the time it takes to write the post ;)

ok, all actions have been sent in...

achaean Heroes ;) ftw!

PM in. So we are just waiting on the BTSC groups now? :huh:

lolz, don't say you're done if you don't really mean it... I may just take your word for it. So, I guess I'll wait for each team leader to say "final" on their team's actions. ~it's been confusing as of late, so please just go with me on this one :lol:

Night 5: Showdown! Odysseus Wreaks Havoc in Tartarus!

Overlooking the empty mountainside, Hades clenched his teeth and inhaled viciously. His black cape swung around him like a rippling pool of emptiness as he looked away from that disaster. "Odysseus... that man is quite the thorn in my side. To have escaped that which even a Titan could not... just what sort of man is he? Cunning, for certain. ...Cerberus!"

The Hellhound walked into Hades' private chambers, right by Persephone sitting silent in an uncomfortable looking arm-chair, and kneeled right before his master's shrouded visage. "The intruder in my realm who goes by the name 'cp'. I have estimated that much action will revolve around her tonight. And.. that Odysseus must be thinking the same thing. Go forth my pet! His cunning won't save her tonight! Not from your jaws!" Cerberus ran from the room, leaving a trail of smoke and tiny flames in his wake. Hades turned to Persephone and lifted her chin with a finger. "Fear not my love. We will ween them down to nothing but that troublesome Odysseus. And then... then, I'll take over his torture ...personally..."

---

Charon rocked back and forth aboard his ferry, his cowl covering his putrid appearance. He just sat motionless, arms resting on his knees, ever-waiting for souls to enter his domain. As was the case of late though, he had an unwelcome visitor. The fleet-foot God Hermes flew over the River Styx and landed on the stern of the ferry near Charon; the vessel did not even seem to move from his feather-like landing. Not bothering with the pesky God, Charon remained silent, gazing down at the water, from deep within his cloak.

Hermes: So.... I was wondering who's passage you wanted denied. Just... out of curiosity.

Charon: ...

Hermes: Hmph. ...Hahahah! Never much for conversation, are you ferryman?

Sighing and scratching his forehead, Hermes unveiled a knife, pushed Charon to the deck and stabbed him right through the left shoulder, all so quickly, only a Divine eye could have seen the movements. Without even a sound, Charon just lay on his back, staring right up at the God. His cloak had fallen back, revealing his monstrous form.

Charon: ...

Hermes: You're a tough one ferryman, I'll give you that, but tell me. How do you intend to row this ferry... without arms?

Looking down at his own body, Charon saw that indeed his arms had been taken. Hermes held them, taunting the Monster. Charon snarled and tried to lunge up, but Hermes held him down tight.

Charon: Fine Olympian, but it's of little consequence. My Lord Hades shall prevail no matter what you try. You forget his strength.

Hermes: And you underestimate your opposition. Now... who...

Charon: c... p...

Hermes: Heh, well you won't be finding her on this side of the River. And by the time you make it across... no, you two can't possibly meet tonight. I'm done with you then.

Hermes flew off in a flash, leaving behind Charon's arms. The Monster rose and reattached his limbs. Returning to his position, Charon slowly pulled his cowl back up and over his head... and waited... as he always did.

---

It was true that cp did not have to worry about Charon, but as she walked through the mazes of Tartarus, she would have traded this meeting for almost any other. She came to a fork in the path and stood thinking about which way she should proceed. Then, from the right tunnel she could see fire emerging and growing. Some sort of beast was headed right for her. Then, she looked to the left and snakes began pouring out of that tunnel right toward her. Before she knew it, both Cerberus and Medusa towered over her. Cerberus, breathing fire, snorting and barking wild flames and plumes of smoke. Medusa, screeching and hissing, snakes pouring from her head and snapping their fangs open and closed.

Backing off from the two demons, cp stared them down. So far, none of the three made a move, but then a brilliant light encapsulated cp. She looked through and saw Athena had come to her aid. Athena spun her sword and slashed Cerberus' paw, then used her shield to deflect Medusa's deadly stare. The Monsters had no intention of fighting a God at the moment it seemed, as they each backed off and returned down the passages from which they had arrived.

---

On the Surface, Kat was again encountered by the Siren. But before the Siren could reach her, Kat clutched her throat. She couldn't breathe! She fell dead right in front of the disappointed Siren, who watched her soul travel down to the Underworld. ...Charon stirred...

---

Another battle waged in the distance as Diomedes and PT went at it. The two were evenly matched though and Diomedes began to laugh with exuberance as he slashed at PT again and again only to be deftly blocked or quickly side-stepped. After about ten minutes the two stopped, both a bit winded. Diomedes clapped his arm around PT's shoulders and vowed to protect him for the night. "Anyone who can battle me with such skill is a rarity! I look forward to us clashing again my friend! So in the meantime, I'll make sure nobody else even tries to have a go at you. I want you completely rested the next time we meet ;) Nothing as satisfying as a good battle, eh?"

PT :rolleyes: : ...um... yeah... I guess...

---

While offering some choice words to Bb, Nestor was interrupted by Hermes descent down to the ground. A determination filled Bb's gaze from Nestor's words though as Hermes landed beside them. The three began making a map of Tartarus in the soil with their fingers.

Bb: OK, so the Dungeons are here... and then Prometheus' Mountain should be...

Hermes: Well, heh, it's more like this.

Bb: Ah yes, that makes sense. I'm lacking your bird's eye view.

Hermes: Well, don't worry my friend. You'll get to see the rest of this place in a moment. Are you ready?

Theseus (beginning to run): Hold! ...Hold! ...You're mine Brandonb!

Bb and Nestor both swiveled their heads in unison at the bulky warrior marching toward them. Bb motioned Hermes and Nestor to back off. "This is my fight." Hermes nodded, folded his arms and flew up into the air, watching the battle unfold. Nestor backed away, becoming one with his surroundings, watching his trusty companion ready himself.

Bb: You are not my concern tonight brave Theseus. But I'm aware of your current allegiance. Is there any way I can convince you to back off?

Gritting his teeth, Theseus hurled his spear right at Bb's throat. Bb sidestepped the spear, eyes watching the projectile as it almost grazed his neck. Then unsheathing his own sword from behind his shield Bb stealthily blocked Theseus' sword blow which had immediately followed the spear. The two remained locked, swords grinding and sparking.

Bb: You're good warrior. ...But, not good enough.

Bb purposefully fell, throwing Theseus off balance. He then picked up his shield and as Theseus regained his composure, Bb spun and blasted Theseus right at the side of his helmet with his shield. The blow knocked Theseus out. When he hit the ground, his helmet rolled away a bit, revealing his true face.

Hermes descended back to the land. "Well, you certainly live up to your name, but can you surpass those expectations?"

Bb: We'll find out sooner or later. Let's go.

Hermes grabbed Bb by the arm and the two flew off, leaving Theseus defeated, unconscious and sprawled on the ground.

---

Growing more and more aggravated by the second, Impervious prepared to welcome his guest. "Impossible! How is this happening? How is he here? Those Monsters are useless... Well, I'll just take care of this nuisance myself." Odysseus walked up toward the muttering Impervious and stopped about twenty paces from the enraged Olympian.

Odysseus looked Impervious up and down. He was monstrously enormous. "Kill a God?" Odysseus gulped, but then wore a mask of utter seriousness. "Ares fell by Human blade, Impervious. Are you not afraid?"

With a slight movement of his hand, Impervious lifted Odysseus in the air like a puppet. "And just what should I be fearing? I could snap your neck right now. You forget, I am not Ares... he was a fool and is now imprisoned here, just as you will be again in a moment. I won't give you the satisfaction of complete death ...no. You're going to suffer Odysseus."

Odysseus (short of breath): I knew... before we met... that I couldn't beat you ...with my own strength.

Beneath his black metallic mask, Hades searched the sky ...nothing. Searched the land ...nothing. "And just what else is there for me to see?"

Odysseus (grasping at consciousness): No..thing. ...Nothing at all.

Wondering why his almost lifeless victim was smirking, Impervious began to speak. "OK, enough games... I'm going to make certain that..." The ground beneath Impervious began to quake. Even the God Impervious could not stand his ground. "What?!?" A giant hand exploded from beneath the ground. It was larger than all of Impervious. "No..." Now moving like the wind, Impervious moved as fast as he could, finally feeling the danger of the situation. He could no longer concentrate on Odysseus who fell back to the ground and unsheathed his sword. Impervious ran and leaped all across the giant hand and forearm of the Titan Atlas. Atlas' hand kept closing, but always just after Impervious escaped his deadly grasp.

Impervious: How are you free? What is going on!?!

Atlas (grumbling from under the world itself): A message for you Impervious. ..From Prometheus: ...Die

Atlas' hand began picking up speed and his aim was getting more accurate. Impervious began sweating, trying to think of a counter-attack to this unexpected development. "I never should have agreed with Zeus. I never should have imprisoned these Giants. Damn Zeus!" He leaped back and back and... right through Odysseus' waiting sword. The blade pierced Impervious through the chest and the brief pause was enough time for Atlas to pluck his head clean off. Odysseus wrenched his blade from the dead God's body; it was red-hot, sizzled and had nearly melted. Odysseus threw the blade to his side and knelt down, exhausted.

Atlas pulled his hand back under the Earth, along with Impervious' head, still barely alive. "Damn you... Zeus..." were Impervious' last words before all traces of Atlas had disappeared. The massive chasms he ruptured began to close and seal, and Atlas once again took firm hold of the Earth.

Atlas: Perhaps we shall meet again brave Achaean warrior. I do hope so. Though it would satisfy Impervious' wish, I too hold a grudge against Zeus. If your fate leads you to Mount Olympus, you can call on me... on all the Titans. For now warrior, fare well.

---

1) SomeGuy [Monster]

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human]

8) Bb

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

Well that was crazy! Thanks for playing Impervious! Day 5 is already underway (-2 hours I guess). So 22 hours from now it will end. Thanks for all the time and effort so far everyone. This has been really fun so far. ;)

:lol: to Impy! Cursing people from your grave so soon? ;)

Anyways, might as well start it...

1) SomeGuy [Monster]

2) Impervious [Olympian] -DEAD

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh -DEAD

7) Kat [Human]

8) Bb

9) RMZ -DEAD

10) ST - voting for Bb

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

Did anyone ever notice the many shades of green? :)