BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus II

itachi-san

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, officially, the night ends in just under an hour :P

Yea, about an hour left. I'm still waiting on a couple crucial roles' actions though. I don't have a problem waiting. I've been a little late getting people info, so it's only fair I give the night more time. The days are easy to keep at 24 hours, but the nights will always be lenient.

So, I've been thinking about the River Styx section. I think it would be better if that wasn't an Area and just a line basically, so you cross it from Ixion's Path to the Surface or the other way. It cleans up the issue of when contact can be made by characters. Either you are both on the Surface or in the Underworld. There would be no misleading 3rd area then. If there are no problems with that, I'll tweak the Game Rules and it can in effect going forward after Night 2.

Also, I'd like the Rules to be clearer about player contact. If it's an action, then you must both be on the same side of the river for it to possibly work.

I'll change the OP later today if there are no objections.

So, I've been thinking about the River Styx section. I think it would be better if that wasn't an Area and just a line basically, so you cross it from Ixion's Path to the Surface or the other way. It cleans up the issue of when contact can be made by characters. Either you are both on the Surface or in the Underworld. There would be no misleading 3rd area then. If there are no problems with that, I'll tweak the Game Rules and it can in effect going forward after Night 2.

Also, I'd like the Rules to be clearer about player contact. If it's an action, then you must both be on the same side of the river for it to possibly work.

I'll change the OP later today if there are no objections.

That seems fine to me. I don't have a problem with it. Simplicity is almost always better. B))

That's cool. I kind of like the long nights actually. Reading the BTSC forums is fun and feels like human chess. ;) It looks like Night 2 will be posted tomorrow afternoon.

hmm a new era for these games? lol

Night 2: Beware of Dog: Trespassers will be Burned and Eaten Alive

The Achaeans, mostly gathered near the River Styx, began preparing for their descent into the Underworld. On the banks of the Styx, Nestor gave a rousing speech to quell any fears his fellow Achaeans may have been stirring. He told them of Hercules and how he once ventured to the Underworld. They, he said, could match the half-God's achievement and free Odysseus from his torture. Diomedes jumped up, invigorated, and then spun around and stabbed into the wall beside him. His spear pierced the back of a rat. "Watch out for spies," Diomedes warned as he ran into the darkness, screaming and howling, overzealous for any encounter he could find. Anyone he could kill in this horrible place to free his friend. Nestor's story had the opposite effect on ST though. She began to feel helpless as if her power was weaning and would never be able to compare to the mighty Hercules and his feats in this awful place of despair and imprisonment. Suddenly, those near the River began to walk slowly from the water's edge. It was rising, faster and faster, until some began running from it. They looked back as the river began to launch itself at them with pitch black waves, all thinking, "What is happening to this place?"

---

SomeGuy fell backwards from Charon's empty gaze. "I want on this ferry! I have brought the fee. You must accept it!"

Charon: I deny your passage. It's just as well. I have other pressing matters.

SG recoiled as Charon's cowl waved opened slightly, revealing his rotted face and empty eye sockets. He looked as if he was Death itself, the living dead, a monster too cold to bargain with. There was nothing to it. SG was stuck. Charon turned back toward the River and raised his rotted arms. The River began to rise, more and more rapidly as time went on. SG stepped back, amazed, and then quickly hurried back the way he had come. He could hear Charon speaking, to who if anyone, SG was not certain. "The shores of the River Styx are no more. Those who have dared invade Tartarus may still cross the River if I allow it, but I will no longer harbor freeloaders on these banks! Hence forth, know that you may only be on the Surface, where you belong, or down in Tartarus, where you will end up anyway. Those of you who were here tonight will randomly be thrown to either side!" Charon let forth a maniacal laugh the likes of which can never even be described outside of Hades' realm.

---

For many warriors, the Night was nothing short of a wild goose chase. Diomedes eventually calmed down and sheathed his sword. He let out a loud grunt and continued to pace the area he had run to, looking for JS around every corner. Athena could not find Brandonb, just as Apollo could not find SG. And the slithering Medusa backed into a nearby cave after tiring from looking for RMZ.

---

Theseus found himself in a stalemate while battling Artificial I. When both tired, Theseus gave the man his name and offered a second duel in the future since this one had been so satisfying. "It's always good to find worthy opponents!" Theseus remarked as he left Artificial I, taking deep breaths, trying to settle his body after such a grueling fight.

---

For others though, their fates were destined to collide this night. Deep within Tartarus, two extremely dangerous opponents faced off. GC looked deep into Perseus' eyes as the rugged warrior charged him, spear ready. GC dodged the spear, but as Perseus leapt into the air he unsheathed his sword from behind his shield and ran GC through. Perseus, being such a veteran of duels, quickly leapt away from the dying GC, pulling his sword out quickly. GC grabbed at the wound, blood gushed everywhere. He began to shiver and fall to the ground. Perseus whipped his sword across GC's body cleansing it of his opponents blood. The blood spattered across GC's face as he died. Just before GC fell lifeless, he seemed to hang in the air for a long moment. Perseus, thinking the battle won, turned and walked from his victim's supposed corpse. Then a sound. Perseus heard breathing. He continued walking, feigning ignorance of the odd predicament brewing behind him. "I'll fake as if I'm caught unaware, then I'll use my..." GC leapt with great speed and came crashing down on Perseus who barely had time to block the attack backwards over his head with his spear. Perseus was bent backwards and GC's now overwhelming strength was crushing his will, forcing him down to the ground where he would surely die. With his ace in the hole, he quickly kicked up his small dagger from his waist and attempted a kill stoke at GC who deftly dodged. Knowing when to give in, the sturdy Perseus used the time to make his escape.

---

Ixion came rolling down the hill behind LIS. LIS moved out of the way as the screaming man rolled ceaselessly attached to that flaming wheel. "Quite a punishment," LIS thought. Then the ground began to tremble. LIS took a ready stance, but he had the ominous feeling that nothing would prepare him for what was to come. He heard a deep growl. The dull roar shook his insides. He gulped. "So this is where my story ends?" Around a gigantic boulder, one of the heads of the demonic dog Cerberus peaked. LIS made eye contact with the monstrous dog, his eyes widened in futile thought as the dog kicked the boulder over and clumsily ran after LIS. LIS made an effort to run, but he had hesitated too long. Cerberus bellowed a wave of sound that shook LIS silly and followed the roar with a blast of fire from his mouth. Cerberus inhaled and exhaled two plumes of smoke from his nostrils, snorting at the charred LIS. LIS dropped his weapon and Cerberus snatched him up quickly with his second head. Two chomps and LIS was gone. Cerberus ran off into the silent gloom of Tartarus, licking his chops.

---

1) SomeGuy [Monster]

2) Impervious [Olympian]

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh

7) Kat

8) Bb

9) RMZ

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

Day 2 begins now and ends in 24 hours. Thanks for playing LIS ;)

1) SomeGuy [Monster]

2) Impervious [Olympian] voting for - Impervious

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh

7) Kat

8) Bb

9) RMZ

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

edit: brilliant title itachi

Edited by Impervious

My apologies, mighty Apollo. I anticipated that I would have visitors tonight, however. It would seem that you preferred a guaranteed kill, over killing a more useful member of the team. To those on the Monsters, I offer the same deal as yesterday. I would like to finish what I started. To the Achaeans, would you fancy another chance on my life? Perhaps this time you will have more luck.

lolz, thanks. also, I forgot to add Theseus attempted an Attack on Articial I which failed. I'll add that in.

edit: also, I'll send pms or discuss traveling in the BTSCs if you were on the River last night. You are now either on the surface or Ixion's path. It's random. I'll send that info out a little later.

Sorry, I left out a part of Cerberus' role in the OP that I gave the player and Hades' player when the game started. I intended it to always be a part of that role and just mistakenly left it out. It's an awesome ability, so I apologize for excluding it from the original rules. Luckily I caught the discrepancy before the game progressed too far.

Cerberus must be killed 3 times (once for each head)

Just to clarify a Traveling question that may or may not come up. Say you are at the Lake and want to move 3 paces. You can move to the Pits, to the Castle and then back to the Pits. Only when hitting either end of the line can direction be changed in a single Night and Areas may only be overlapped in those instances as well.

1) SomeGuy [Monster]

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh - voting for <your name here>

7) Kat

8) Bb

9) RMZ

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

Yeah, great post Itachi! B))

Now, I want to hear from people; "Why should you get my vote?" Since it seems that so many people are looking forward to being sacrificed, it's time for people to start (dare I say, politicking :o ) for my vote.

Now, I want to hear from people; "Why should you get my vote?" Since it seems that so many people are looking forward to being sacrificed, it's time for people to start (dare I say, politicking :o ) for my vote.

:rolleyes::huh::lol:

1) SomeGuy [Monster]

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh

7) Kat

8) Bb

9) RMZ Voting for - Impervious

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

I would like to see how Impervious reacts to this, and if so, who would he send, if he could?

Btw, nice title Itachi!

1) SomeGuy [Monster] - Voting for SomeGuy

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh

7) Kat

8) Bb

9) RMZ - voting for - Impervious

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

Well... that night went like... 6 different kinds of wrong. I suppose I should be glad that I am still alive. Regardless, I still want to finish my plea. Why should you vote for me Dawh? Well, if you are an independent, the odds of you getting recruited go up if you vote for me. If you are an Achaean, I'm positive that you want another chance at killing me, and if you are a Monster, you want me to get you another team mate. All of these seem like fairly worthwhile actions. As to what you think is most important, I leave that up to you to decide, but I still maintain that this is the most "sure" course of action.

I'm wondering where everyone else is. I wanted to hold off voting until some other people voted, but I got a lttle impatient, so I'll vote randomly for now and maybe change it later.

1) SomeGuy [Monster] - Voting for SomeGuy

3) LIS - DEAD

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh

7) Kat

8) Bb

9) RMZ - voting for - Impervious

10) ST

11) Artificial I - voting for twin bro

12) Riranor