BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus II

itachi-san

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to be here. So when do we send our first night's actions to Itachi-san?

I'm not playing....but since I'm here I'll answer your question to keep the game moving: send your actions now!

Enjoy the game.

Night 1: A New Beginning

Zeus stared wildly at the crystal floor of his throne room, though his hands remained steady and curled over the arms of his throne. Hera waited for him to calm down as she stood passively in the darkness of one of the room's corners. She thought she saw his eyes lower a bit.

Hera: ...M.my Lord?

Zeus raised his right arm and let it crash down onto the throne smashing right through the side of it. As the pieces fell to the floor he stood and walked slowly to the window. He could see the seas of Earth churning, the trees swaying and the ominous black clouds flying over it all from Mount Olympus. Zeus whirled around on Hera, his robe whipping with the movement. Hera looked up briefly and met his murderous gaze. Then he began to march toward her, each footstep accompanied by the name of one his most favored men.

Zeus: Priam... *step* Agamemnon... *step* Achilles.... *step* and now... now Odysseus as well! What have you done with him. Why is Hades involved?

Hera: Ask him yourself!

Zeus was taken aback. Then recomposed himself enough to understand that Hera had indeed begun a plot to overthrow him. Just as he'd imagined. How she got Hades' interest was beyond him, but for now Zeus knew what to do.

Hera: You look determined my husband, my brother. But you cannot kill me.

Zeus: We'll see my dear... If the fates allow it, your life is over.

A rush of wind passed before Zeus and in that instant Hera disappeared. Zeus saw his son Hermes, despite how fast he had flown through the chamber. "Two Gods means a revolution is at hand. Curse them! Hera and Hermes are forever exiled from Olympus!"

Hephaestus dropped the metal he had been working into a sword when the bellowing word "exiled" reverberated throughout his home. He sighed and then continued on with his labor.

Hera: I could have handled myself. *hmph* at least put me down now that we have left Olympus.

Hermes landed on the shore of an isolated beach. "My dearest Mother. My intention was not to ridicule you or demean your power. I was under order to bring you here. My intentions, I fear, have been misinterpreted.

Hera: Well, your timing was either perfect or horrible. I suppose I'll grant you this one mistake. Who was it that sent you, Hades?

Hermes: Hmm. No, not Hades.

Hera: Then who?

Hermes: I'm not under liberty to say. Please forgive me Mother, but I assure you that my actions were dictated by a power greater than either of us.

Hera: Greater than me? You should watch the way you talk to me. My patience is wearing thin... since I'm here though, take me to Hades. I need to converse with him about our dear friend Odysseus.

---

Hera and Hermes walked through the giant black door of Hades' Castle. Entering an enormous room, they walked slowly as their divine eyes adjusted to such a deep and pitch blackness. There wasn't much to see except a large stairway leading up to a black throne. Hades sat there, no doubt laughing to himself. His pet Cerberus was laying its head on Hades' foot, laying its head on Hades' lap, and it was growling at its new guests with its third head lifted to the side of the seated Hades. Drool spilled from the growling Cerberus. It hit the floor like acid and seered and sizzled. The menacing dog had eyes like fire and its coat was jet black, like a shadow. Hades stood from his throne, his black cape still like a painting. He looked through his black armored mask at them.

Hades (petting one of Cerberus' heads) : Well well. Now here's a pair. The fiendish word twister and the honest messenger. It's like the liar and the truthteller riddle. Hmm. Let's see if I can remember what to say to Hera to get the right answer...

Hera: Enough! I will not be made the fool!

Hera opened her palm and a brilliantly glowing ball floated from her grip up toward Hades and Cerberus. The ball hung in the air. It was a beautiful sight. Hades was puzzled. Cerberus was enthralled in its dazzling appearance. Then the ball cracked slightly and fell to the steps below it. It rocked back and forth and then a small being hatched from it, splitting the perfect sphere in half. It looked very odd, Cerberus began to growl at it. It was a little monster, but it grew by the second. It grew to completely hide Hera from Hades' view. Then all at once, it's eyes opened. So many eyes. Maybe even one hundred of them, Hades pondered. Cerberus ran from the monster and left the castle. Hades sat back down, again resolute his defiance. The beast began to move down the steps, clearing Hades' view and when it had fully descended, Hades saw that Hera and Hermes used that time to escape and leave him as if it were a joke.

Hera (voice over): This is Argus. I give him to you for now. He will help you locate the intruders.

Hades: Intruders? Listen Hera, I did what you asked. I have Odysseus and believe me when I say he is getting the torture you requested. Now be gone. And take this mess with you. I can handle Tartarus.

Hera: Maybe, but you cannot handle these Achaean men come to save their leader. You sound like Ares and now look where he wound up.

Hades: I do see Ares... every day. Never did care for him though. Too pugnacious for my tastes. I like to draw things out. I like to take my time.

Hera: Time is exactly what you don't have. Once Odysseus is freed, you'll be in trouble. Heed my words Brother Hades. Do not take this group lightly.

---

Prometheus opened his eyes to a new day. His eyes were red and pouring tears from the chronic agony of his punishment. So thirsty and even his tears dried before they reached his mouth. He blinked several times, clearing his vision. He looked up to the right to see his hand shackled to the side of the mountain. Then to the left to see his other hand in the same predicament. He sighed and looked down at his fully-healed belly.

Odysseus: Finally awake my friend?

Prometheus (Startled): Ah! Oh... why must you frighten me new one? Though, will I get used to your company? Shackled just as I am, waiting for the daily punishment as I do. We are a hopeless couple. Nothing more, nothing less.

Odysseus: Waiting? We're already shackled up here.

Prometheus: Shackled? Ha! This is nothing. Look over yonder. Here they come. The ravens. To eat us today and then tomorrow all over again.

Odysseus: *gulp* I should have known Hades would be crueler than that. Am I defeated? How can one esca...? Wait.. what? Ah!

Prometheus: What is it?

Odysseus: A familiar voice, in my mind.

Prometheus: Oh, lunacy has finally found you! I must say, you didn't last very long. Not even for a human.

---

Calchus held his head to the ground, feeling, pushing dirt around. The Achaeans all had become impatient, tapping feet, breathing loudly and sighing. Diomedes practiced his forms with his one arm. He had to relearn the sword due to his injury. Calchus noticed none of his fellow Achaeans. He was listening for something. ...There!

Nestor: Did you find something? Did you find him?

Calchus: Yes, I have a slight connection with Odysseus' mind. Now we just need to descend.

Diomedes stopped spinning his blade. "Alright, and how do we do that?"

Three rays of light came forth from the sky and all pelted into the Achaeans. Through Nestor, through Diomedes, through Calchus. Diomedes grabbed the God-like shaft of the arrow that had pierced him and looked up at Apollo and Athena who had just arrived. Athena placed a coin in each of their mouths and then pushed them over, all dead on the ground.

Apollo: That's how you get to Tartarus dear Humans. Easier done than explained, right Sister?

Athena: I'm hardly your Sister Apollo. Now let's go. I've heard all the pieces are in play. I fear us being late might risk Odysseus' future.

---

The Achaean group was split up that night though. Nestor had began to fear death in his old age and now ironically death was a necessary part of his journey. He began to ramble on and on about the past. Apollo took interest and felt himself getting more powerful from the old man's words. It was an inspiring story of a brilliant general. LIS also took note of the wise man's words, but he was a bit confused. He wondered if the general had indeed been successful since his victory meant so much sacrifice. LIS thought about it so much, he forgot to even travel anywhere tonight.

---

GC heard a hissing noise behind him and he turned! Nothing. He kept walking. Then he saw a huge shadow approaching from the corridor in front of him. He rushed at the intersection, but again... nothing. Though he was cloaked in silence, he felt the icy breath of someone behind him. He turned! His eyes widened and froze that way. The snakes sprung from Medusa's hair like arrows and intertwined themselves all around GC. His body was frozen solid. Medusa raised a hand to caress his face. She tilted her head to look at him and then disappeared back into the shadows. The hissing of the snakes slowly fading away. GC stood right where he began. Like a statue. His mind was sharp as ever though. He could slowly feel his body thawing. He hoped he would be able to move in time to not be caught by that witch again.

---

Perseus stalked Tartarus and came across PT. Perseus was full of rage and hatred and ready to attack anyone he happened upon that night. He brandished his sword and flung himself at PT. A huge blast of light blinded Perseus right before his sword connected. He wound up stabbing the ground and PT was standing right next to him.

Perseus: So that's who you are!

PT: ;)

---

Twin Bro heard the sound of a rare beauty. He could not help but follow it. To find out where it could possibly be emanating from, and what beauty was singing such grace? He found the Siren. A hideous monster with the voice of a sea nymph tenfold. Twin Bro fell victim to the Siren's song and now feels as if he may even die tomorrow night.

---

1) SomeGuy

2) Impervious

3) LIS

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh

7) Kat

8) Bb

9) RMZ

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

It finally started! :D There are now 24 hours for the first Day.

Wow that was awesome Itachi :D So erm...Day One *shakes head* How I hate it...anyone have any thoughts they'd like to throw out there?

1) SomeGuy - Voting for SomeGuy

2) Impervious

3) Prince Marth85

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh

7) Kat

8) Bb

9) RMZ

10) ST

11) Limey

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) reay

17) crazypainter

Yes. I do. I would like to make a plea for my team.

Yes. I do. I would like to make a plea for my team.

Er, you're voting for yourself? o.O You'll be sent to the other side and won't be able to move...why would you disadvantage your team like that?

<(^-^)>

And what team is that?

So blunt :P

2) Impervious

3) Prince Marth85

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh

7) Kat

8) Bb

9) RMZ

10) ST - voting for dawh

11) Limey

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) reay

17) crazypainter

Might as well get this rolling...

Er, you're voting for yourself? o.O You'll be sent to the other side and won't be able to move...why would you disadvantage your team like that?

<(^-^)>

mm...I'm sure SG has reasons. Plus, being sent to the other side is not the worse punishment, he gets to make a plea, and the other members of his team know he's on their team :rolleyes:

2) Impervious

3) Prince Marth85

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh - voting for Bb

7) Kat

8) Bb

9) RMZ

10) ST - voting for dawh

11) Limey

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) reay

17) crazypainter

FYI, it's a waste of everyone's time voting for me. ;)

Hosted by Itachi-san

2) Impervious

3) Prince Marth85

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh - voting for Bb

7) Kat

8) Bb - voting for dawh

9) RMZ

10) ST - voting for dawh

11) Limey

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro- voting for Randro

15) twin bro

16) reay

17) crazypainter

I say we all vote for ourselves and then lynch a baddie based on the info tomorrow. Also it will go faster because there will be not verbal attacking and defending.

(is this allowed?)

And what team is that?

Vote for me, and you will know. As for my reasons, I have decided that losing an action from me is not the worst thing for my team, and gaining an independent before the other team does is the best. Also, I would say that anyone who says "voting for me gets you nothing" is an independent, or an Olympian. Quite possibly Hermes. My team, and I'm not telling who that is yet, you should vote for me and trust me when I say that mine is an action you can afford to lose for a turn. Other team, you get to learn who I am. Seems like win enough to me. If your thought is to lynch someone to gain an identity, or to prevent someone from acting, you can either struggle to find a target, and worry about lynching a teammate or an independent, or you can simply pick me. If you have similar thoughts to me, you should be aiming for lynching yourself.

Hosted by Itachi-san

2) Impervious

3) Prince Marth85

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh - voting for Bb

7) Kat

8) Bb - voting for dawh

9) RMZ

10) ST - voting for dawh

11) Limey

12) Riranor

13) JS

15) twin bro

16) reay

17) crazypainter

I think I understand what you mean SG, but I am not on the list and neither is AI or LIS. We need the updated list, Itachi.

IDNE- Voting for SG

Edited by IDoNotExist

Vote for me, and you will know. As for my reasons, I have decided that losing an action from me is not the worst thing for my team, and gaining an independent before the other team does is the best. Also, I would say that anyone who says "voting for me gets you nothing" is an independent, or an Olympian. Quite possibly Hermes. My team, and I'm not telling who that is yet, you should vote for me and trust me when I say that mine is an action you can afford to lose for a turn. Other team, you get to learn who I am. Seems like win enough to me. If your thought is to lynch someone to gain an identity, or to prevent someone from acting, you can either struggle to find a target, and worry about lynching a teammate or an independent, or you can simply pick me. If you have similar thoughts to me, you should be aiming for lynching yourself.

that seems kind-of suspicious. is there some secret ability that you will gain when we strip your ability????

that seems kind-of suspicious. is there some secret ability that you will gain when we strip your ability????

I was thinking the same thing. He could be able to kill somebody else if he is lynched or maybe killing him kills someone important for us goodies

Hosted by Itachi-san

2) Impervious

3) Prince Marth85

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh - voting for Bb

7) Kat

8) Bb - voting for dawh

9) RMZ

10) ST - voting for dawh

11) Limey

12) Riranor

13) JS

15) twin bro

16) reay

17) crazypainter

I think I understand what you mean SG, but I am not on the list and neither is AI or LIS. We need the updated list, Itachi.

IDNE- Voting for SG

You can feel free to correct yourselves. It should be this from now on:

2) Impervious

3) LIS

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh - voting for Bb

7) Kat

8) Bb - voting for dawh

9) RMZ

10) ST - voting for dawh

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

15) twin bro

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

Hosted by Itachi-san

2) Impervious

3) LIS

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh - voting for Bb

7) Kat

8) Bb - voting for dawh

9) RMZ

10) ST - voting for dawh

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

15) twin bro- Voting for SomeGuy

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

Lol itachi you beat me too it. Ok someguy it seems very fishy. So i say we go along with my idea so no goodies get manifested by Someguy

I say we all vote for ourselves and then lynch a baddie based on the info tomorrow. Also it will go faster because there will be not verbal attacking and defending.

Also someone should look into someguy tonight

edit: bros post, and is it just me or is it taking a long time to post?

Edited by randro