BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

The Battle for Mt Olympus II

itachi-san

Characters and Abilities:

Hades and the Monsters of Tartarus:

Hades - Hades and Cerberus start with BTSC. Hades can only be killed by Odysseus and only if Odysseus is at Hades' Castle. Hades can guess 3 actions each Night and nullify them, learn IDs and gain BTSC partners depending on what he guesses. He can also send people from Tartarus (each Character only once during the Game though). If he is voted to be sacrificed, he will select one player who voted for him to be sent back up to the surface (regardless of prior evictions).

Cerberus - begins with BTSC with Hades. May Kill each night with 100% accuracy, 50% against Gods. Cerberus must be killed 3 times (once for each head)

Argus - Given to Hades by Hera. All-seeing with 100 eyes. Spies the ID of anyone that passes through the Dungeons. Knows half of the code to Odysseus' freedom. If killed, will get the info to Hades.

Medusa - Can petrify one player per night so they have no action and cannot Travel. If she petrifies the same person 3 Nights in a row they will shatter and die.

The Minotaur - May protect one Player per Night, but never himself. If he protects anyone from the same Character twice, he will retaliate with a 50% accurate counter-attack. Knows half of Odysseus' freedom. If killed, will get the info to Hades.

The Siren - Her song will halve the final accuracy (including Nestor's influence) of her victim's actions. The effect also makes them have 50% chance of death next Night as well, unless Nestor sets them straight that following Night with a good story.

The Achaeans:

Odysseus - Odysseus and Calchus start with BTSC. Odysseus begins the Game shackled in Tartarus without any power but his mind. No one can be sacrificed for him unless he is freed. Odysseus can kill and is vulnerable to be killed at Night once he is freed and Apollo is dead. He has 100% accuracy against humans and 50% against Gods and Monsters. He must be the last Greek standing. Someone will sacrifice themself for Odysseus if he is targeted (Odysseus selects the character from a list provided by Poseidon). Again, he must be freed for sacrifices to be made for his life. May guess 3 actions and choose: Nullify them, learn IDs and/or recruit into BTSC. Odysseus knows how he can be saved.

Calchus - begins with BTSC with Odysseus. Foretells a random Action each night.

Diomedes – Kills humans and monsters with 50% chance. 25% on Gods. If he doesn't kill his victim he will befriend them for the Night and Protect them. If he fails to kill the same Player twice, he will befriend them permanently and not be able to Attack them again.

Athena - Can stop the Daily Sacrifice, but not twice in a row. She may Protect one person each Night as well, but never herself.

Apollo – Zeus has taken over the responsibility of pulling the Sun across the Sky in Apollo's absence. Apollo's skill with the Bow and Arrow is slightly diminished since he is so far from his dominion. He may kill each night with 100% accuracy, but he cannot kill other Gods.

Nestor - Can boost any attacking Character to 100% kill accuracy with a rousing story of the good ole days.

Independents:

Charon - Can deny one Player passage to or from Tartarus once per cycle. This includes people who die above surface during the Night. They will have to stay dead and try to Travel to Tartarus the next Night.

Hermes - Can send a message once per cycle to any Player. Can freely travel to anyplace he wishes.

Persephone - She is being punished by Hades. She cannot die while hidden. If she stays hidden for 3 cycles though, she will join Hades' side automatically and reside at his Castle. Persephone begins by the Lake. If recruited by Hades, she stays in his Castle. If recruited by the Achaeans, she moves like they do. She can use her influence in Tartarus to save someone and block all action taken on that Player each night how ever many times, not including herself.

Perseus - a warrior wandering Tartarus in search of a good fight. Can kill each night. Can kill Medusa with 100% accuracy. All other kill attempts are 25% (50% if recruited). Will learn ID of victim though.

Theseus - another warrior lost, wandering Tartarus to fulfill a forgotten desire. Can kill each night. Can kill the Minotaur with 100% accuracy. All other kill attempts are 25% (50% if recruited). Will give his ID to his victim though, if they survive.

---

Game Rules:

BTSC: A special thanks to rookie for setting up 2 hidden forums for this game. There is one for the Baddies (Hades' group) and one for the Goodies (the Achaeans). Once recruited by Hades or Odysseus, players will gain access to their respective forum. Please use these forums with the same respect as you would any other part of BrainDen.

Traveling: Hades never moves from his Castle. Persephone begins by the Lake. If recruited by Hades, she stays in his Castle. If recruited by the Achaeans, she moves like they do. Perseus and Theseus start at random places and move one area per Night. Hermes starts randomly and can move however he pleases. All other players have initial starting points (Achaeans all start on the Surface with the exception of Odysseus) and can move 1 or 3 areas every odd Night and 2 areas on even Nights.

Actions, Attacks and Deaths: All physical Actions are only possible if both characters involved are on the same side of the River Styx. An Attack can only be made if both Players involved are on the same side of the River Styx. If they are not on the same side, the victim cannot be found. If any Player dies on the Surface, they wind up in a random area of Tartarus. If a Player dies in Tartarus, they are permanently killed from the game. Below is a list of the areas (in order):

1) The Surface

~The River Styx~

2) Ixion's Path

3) Hell Swamp

4) The Valley of Sisyphus

5) Fire Cave

6) Dungeons

7) Snakes' Cavern

8) Prometheus' Mountain

9) Tantalus' Lake

10) Volcanic Pits

11) Hades' Castle

The Daily Plea and Sacrifice: Each team only may get 3 independents during the game. They each require 2 pleas. A plea MUST be made by the voted victim before the Daily Sacrifice. The Sacrifice is not fatal though. The victim is revealed as (Olympian, Achaean, or Monster) and are made powerless for that Night. They are also sent to the opposite side of the River Styx (The Surface or Ixion's Path) than where they resided that Day and cannot move that Night.

Each team may only have 2 Gods maximum at any given time.

Roster:

1) SomeGuy

2) Impervious

3) LIS

4) GC

5) Prof. T

6) dawh

7) Kat

8) Bb

9) RMZ

10) ST

11) Artificial I

12) Riranor

13) JS

14) Randro

15) twin bro

16) IDNE

17) crazypainter

Days are 24 hours. Nights are a lenient 24 hours. Night 1 begins now and ends in roughly 24 hours. I'll send PMs out shortly. Please remember to include your Night's Travels with your action(s). It will help to have some knowledge of all the Characters if you want to get extra hints from the Night and Day Posts.

Also, remember that all Characters from the previous game have a hidden ability and there are 4 Players with hidden Abilities as well. The Story will begin with the first Night Post.

Night 1

Day 1

Night 2

Day 2

Night 3

Day 3

Night 4

Day 4

Day 4 Addendum

Night 5

Day 5

Night 6

Day 6

Night 7

Day 7

Night 8

Day 8

Night 9

Finale

• Replies 708
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks amazing. B)) I'm still wrapping my head around some of the rules. If the character sacrificed is on the river, will they stay there? :unsure:

People could probably use a little clarification on this point; I had more questions initially, but rereading the OP answered them, but not this. (It is kind of a corner case... :o )

In any case, I'm ready to start fighting gods and monsters, etc.! ;)

Edited by dawh

This looks amazing. B)) I'm still wrapping my head around some of the rules.

dawh beat me to it <_< . Itachi, once again, you briought home the bacon :P (i.e created an awesome game).

Time for bed, need to sleep, I'll PM you in the morning when I've looked at things properly.

Oh and thanks to rookie for setting up the hidden forums, BD never lets you down B)) . What a place!

Edited by Joe's Student

This looks amazing. B)) I'm still wrapping my head around some of the rules. If the character sacrificed is on the river, will they stay there? :unsure:

People could probably use a little clarification on this point; I had more questions initially, but rereading the OP answered them, but not this. (It is kind of a corner case... :o )

In any case, I'm ready to start fighting gods and monsters, etc.! ;)

Thanks and good call. hmm. I think I'll make it a 50/50 toss up if the Sacrificed player is on the River.

I have one more question about movement. Does movement take place before attacks or after? It kind of makes a difference which happens first...Again, most of the time it won't matter, but sometimes it will. I'm guessing that everyone will move first and then people will start attacking, but I don't think that it is entirely clear in the OP.

I have one more question about movement. Does movement take place before attacks or after? It kind of makes a difference which happens first...Again, most of the time it won't matter, but sometimes it will. I'm guessing that everyone will move first and then people will start attacking, but I don't think that it is entirely clear in the OP.

It's simpler than you're making it. Basically, it all takes place the same moment (Night). So, where the person moves is where they are all night. I wouldn't want to get into breaking it down into movement before or after action :wacko:

for instance: itachi moves from the Surface to the River Styx and attacks dawh. ;) So, I'd be on the River and trying to attack you :D

Thought I'd give out some advice to people new to itachi's excellent games. B)) It's not the best strategy to start killing people at random in this game; about half of the people are on (or potentially could be on) your side. You should probably reserve killing for when you have a better idea of who is on your team (or more correctly, who is not on your team :P ).

Edit: Grammar <_<

Edited by dawh

Hmm very interesting! I will be visualizing all the action scenes as I have been to Greece...need any scene ideas I-san??

One night in sparta a man was killed with an ax to the head! Ohh scary! And I found a small cave/burail niche full of human bones!

Ahhh Sparta...

Edited by crazypainter

It's simpler than you're making it. Basically, it all takes place the same moment (Night). So, where the person moves is where they are all night. I wouldn't want to get into breaking it down into movement before or after action :wacko:

for instance: itachi moves from the Surface to the River Styx and attacks dawh. ;) So, I'd be on the River and trying to attack you :D

Just trying to get it clear in my head! Itachi's now in River Styx and dawh moves to the surface. So Itachi's attack will fail and dawh will be safe, right? I guess so, but can you confirm it Itachi?

And again I think this one's obvious, but if I am on the surface I can move down to hell swamp or vice-versa tonight, right?

And moving and attacking are simultaneous actions? Again just a minor clarification.

I was just thinking of the class in pagan culture I took in college. Trying to remember where I left my notes from that class.

There was this really cool poem i wrote down.. Something about dire needs. Seems appropriate right now.

Just trying to get it clear in my head! Itachi's now in River Styx and dawh moves to the surface. So Itachi's attack will fail and dawh will be safe, right? I guess so, but can you confirm it Itachi?

And again I think this one's obvious, but if I am on the surface I can move down to hell swamp or vice-versa tonight, right?

And moving and attacking are simultaneous actions? Again just a minor clarification.

Traveling and Attacking are simultaneous basically. Just picture it all happening during the 1 Night without any time breakdown. As far as the dawh movement part, if he was on the surface and I tried to attack him on the River Styx, then yes it would fail. I wouldn't be able to find him. If you are on the surface, you will have to try to move down that night, but you may get stopped by any particular character who can do so.

It seems like there's going to be a delay for the first Night. reaymond can't play so I just pm'd IDoNotExist for the role. Also, I've only gotten a few night actions anyway. Hopefully we can finish night 1 tonight :)

Catching up now

Just finished reading up, looks like a great game! I have not received my role yet, though. If you can get it to me by 8pm EST (GMT -5) I will have it in tonight. If not, I do not think I will get it till tomorrow morning.