BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Supernatural II

First off, thank you Hydro. You made quite an impression on me I must admit, fancy a coffee sometime? :wub:

As ever very little to go on, yada yada, same ole' same ole'... I'll be doing some reading over roles for the next half hour and then I might throw in a vote. The Masterminds lived up to their name last night when they found Gust. Thank God it wasn't a BTSC Elemental. This Day 1 vote is more crucial than usual, we need some luck I guess.

Edit: Wording

Edited by Joe's Student

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• andromeda

I'm quite not sure that you need two night actions to recruit one of the elementals... Impervious can you please clarify this for us, if the masterminds or defenders spy on an elemental, does that automatically recruit them??? Or do they have to do some other action???

Becuase if that's the case (spying and Id'ing --> Recruiting) then it was a lot of luck <_<

Impy already answered - they got lucky!

You have to PM Impervious with the person - role match to RID a player, simple as that!

I'm quite not sure that you need two night actions to recruit one of the elementals... Impervious can you please clarify this for us, if the masterminds or defenders spy on an elemental, does that automatically recruit them??? Or do they have to do some other action???

Becuase if that's the case (spying and Id'ing --> Recruiting) then it was a lot of luck <_<

That question I cannot confirm or deny. The actual RDs have not been posted for a reason; you gotta figure them out for yourselves. :P

Gust has already been recruited?? Goodies need to RID some elements quick.

JS - wanna help us out here? Any info would be useful...

Hosts: Impervious/Izzy

1. Randro (RD)

2. Twin Pop (TP)

3. Someguy (SG)

4. Lost in space (LIS)

5. Zerep (ZP)

6. star_tiger (ST)

7. Kathleen (Kat)

8. Joe's Student (JS)

9. crazypainter (CP)

10. IDoNotExist (IDNE)

11. Social Darwin (SD) - voting for Joe's Student

12. Prince_Marth85 (PM)

13. Andromeda (CPB) - voting for SomeGuy

14. RainThinker (RT)

15. JarZe (JZ) - Voting for Star_Tiger

Edit: color

Edited by Social_Darwin

Think about *this logically... you don't want to vote for me. Or put pressure on me for that matter.

Edit: *Left out this.

Good point. Right now, consider it a place holder if I'm not able to get on later. But you're right, I don't think we should lynch you... yet :)

I know getting info is good and all...But come on...Voting for someone who was attacked by the baddies. That's a very suspicious move. So what do you have to say?

1. Randro (RD)

2. Twin Pop (TP)

3. Someguy (SG)

4. Lost in space (LIS)

5. Zerep (ZP)

6. star_tiger (ST)

7. Kathleen (Kat)

8. Joe's Student (JS)

9. crazypainter (CP)

10. IDoNotExist (IDNE)

12. Prince_Marth85 (PM) - Voting for Social Darwin

14. RainThinker (RT)

Gust has already been recruited?? Goodies need to RID some elements quick.

JS - wanna help us out here? Any info would be useful...

1. Randro (RD)

2. Twin Pop (TP)

3. Someguy (SG)

4. Lost in space (LIS)

5. Zerep (ZP)

6. star_tiger (ST)

7. Kathleen (Kat)

8. Joe's Student (JS)

9. crazypainter (CP)

10. IDoNotExist (IDNE)

12. Prince_Marth85 (PM)

14. RainThinker (RT)

Edit: color

Are you serious SD?! JS was just proved innocent, you cant expect us to believe you are serious. I dont think the Baddies have any way of making sure that Hydro saves one of their own if they target him. They might, but that would take a whole LOT of luck. I doubt it. For now, you are on my watch list.

1. Randro (RD)

2. Twin Pop (TP)

3. Someguy (SG)

4. Lost in space (LIS)

5. Zerep (ZP)

6. star_tiger (ST)

7. Kathleen (Kat)

8. Joe's Student (JS)

9. crazypainter (CP)

10. IDoNotExist (IDNE)- voting for Social Darwin

12. Prince_Marth85 (PM)- voting for Social Darwin

14. RainThinker (RT)

Maybe we should here a little from you? I am waiting till we find out more evidence. I hope something comes up though.

Edited by IDoNotExist

1. Randro (RD)

2. Twin Pop (TP)

3. Someguy (SG) - voting for Kat

4. Lost in space (LIS)

5. Zerep (ZP)

6. star_tiger (ST)

7. Kathleen (Kat)

8. Joe's Student (JS)

9. crazypainter (CP)

14. RainThinker (RT)

<Insert RNG here>

I don't mind putting a little pressure on SD, but bandwagoning at this point seems silly. Unless someone has some concrete information to go on, SD would know that JS was targeted even without reading the night post, and I would think it unlikely that a baddie would attack someone at night, and then vote for them during the day. Seems more like a "read the post too fast" kind of mistake than anything.

Are you serious SD?! JS was just proved innocent, you cant expect us to believe you are serious. I dont think the Baddies have any way of making sure that Hydro saves one of their own if they target him. They might, but that would take a whole LOT of luck. I doubt it. For now, you are on my watch list.

Easy, easy guys. He was attacked by a bad guy, but there are four elementals and one independent too. 6 good guys, 5 not-good guys. There is almost an equal chance he is not "good". I'm not saying he is one or the other and I'm not burning him at the stake, I just wanted to apply some pressure. (Recall, I said it was a place-holder vote). And if the baddies already got Gust, it wouldn't hurt to start trying to RID some elementals for us either.

IDNE - I acted last night but it didn't show up in the night post. Reread it and you will be able to remove a few potential roles from my name. Most of which, I hope, clear any potential suspicion.

1. Randro (RD)

2. Twin Pop (TP)

4. Lost in space (LIS)

5. Zerep (ZP)

6. star_tiger (ST)

7. Kathleen (Kat)

8. Joe's Student (JS)

9. crazypainter (CP)

11. Social Darwin (SD) - voting for Kat

14. RainThinker (RT)

Edit: Added SG's vote, simultaneous to mine.

Edited by Social_Darwin

What SD did is rather suspicious, I agree, but I doubt he would make that big a mistake. I know from a previous mafia that he's not that much of a newbie and I doubt he would just outright vote for a proven innocent. Before I jump on a bandwagon on him, I want to hear what he has to say.

edit: he cleared it up :P

Edited by star_tiger

Easy, easy guys. He was attacked by a bad guy, but there are four elementals and one independent too. 6 good guys, 5 not-good guys. There is almost an equal chance he is not "good". I'm not saying he is one or the other and I'm not burning him at the stake, I just wanted to apply some pressure. (Recall, I said it was a place-holder vote). And if the baddies already got Gust, it wouldn't hurt to start trying to RID some elementals for us either.

IDNE - I acted last night but it didn't show up in the night post. Reread it and you will be able to remove a few potential roles from my name. Most of which, I hope, clear any potential suspicion.

1. Randro (RD)

2. Twin Pop (TP)

4. Lost in space (LIS)

5. Zerep (ZP)

6. star_tiger (ST)

7. Kathleen (Kat)

8. Joe's Student (JS)

9. crazypainter (CP)

14. RainThinker (RT)

Edit: Added SG's vote, simultaneous to mine.

I understand your reply, but I am not in a place to attack anyone else. For now the vote stands. Anyone have any other ideas? My ability did not give me any useful information. Not as lucky this time -_-

More and more suspicious...JS probably isn't Gust, and the probability if him being an innocent is much, much higher than him being an Elemental.

Concerning your mention towards your role, why should I believe you? :)

Also, SG and SD, any particular reason in voting for Kat specifically? It's sort of weird that you two both posted simulataneously and voted for the same person...sounds like you two aren't both baddies then unless it's a really big coincidence -_-

Anyone have any other ideas? My ability did not give me any useful information. Not as lucky this time -_-

The night post didn't say that much, so I guess we're gonna have to rely on what others could've found during the night...

More and more suspicious...JS probably isn't Gust, and the probability if him being an innocent is much, much higher than him being an Elemental.

I don't think he could be Gust, since Gust got recluted by the baddies.

Andromeda was saying that he could be pyro, but I'm not sure.

not voting just yet - why did some guy just let Andromeda's comment slip by?

that along with the 'cover' for SD - though it would be madness to vote him - JS will certainly be going at night

SD - place holder vote? and you may not come back to change it

SD/SG ??

Also, SG and SD, any particular reason in voting for Kat specifically? It's sort of weird that you two both posted simulataneously and voted for the same person...sounds like you two aren't both baddies then unless it's a really big coincidence -_-

That was just a coincidence. We were both posting and it came to my attention that Kat never really has to defend herself / gets voted in lynches so I put it out there. When I hit "Add Reply", SomeGuy's post was already there.

And if JS is not Gust, then it is still 6 good guys 4 not good guys. Well, actually 5 good guys and 4 not good guys... So my logic may be suspcious to some of you, but I'm not acting on a whim. And if you guys think JS is good just because he was attacked, you are ignoring the other fairly significant possibility that would benefit the good guys.

Is no one following my drift?

Edit: I may be a n00b, but I'm not an idiot.

Edited by Social_Darwin

I see your point, I think we were relying to much on past mafias were we automatically came to the assumption that being attacked by a bad guy makes you good. There are still roles that at the moment are neutral. I'm holding my vote until there's more information to base it on. I'm not about to waste a vote on someone that could potentially be useful in the near-future.

Edited by Zerep

1. Randro (RD)

2. Twin Pop (TP)

4. Lost in space (LIS)

5. Zerep (ZP)

6. star_tiger (ST)

7. Kathleen (Kat)

8. Joe's Student (JS)

9. crazypainter (CP)

14. RainThinker (RT)- voting for Social Darwin

When first reading this, I thought SD's voting for JS was an honest mistake. But it still makes him suspicious to me.

And if JS is not Gust, then it is still 6 good guys 4 not good guys. Well, actually 5 good guys and 4 not good guys... So my logic may be suspcious to some of you, but I'm not acting on a whim. And if you guys think JS is good just because he was attacked, you are ignoring the other fairly significant possibility that would benefit the good guys.

Is no one following my drift?

Edit: I may be a n00b, but I'm not an idiot.

I'm not saying that JS is good, I'm saying that JS is an elemental, Pyro to be more specific! Think about it, it only makes sense... Chewbacca and Han, JG and the eye-ray kill thingy guy (X-men) had BTSC the logical thing is that the one with the save power saves the other guy with the kill power... that's what happened in previous mafias!

Hydro saved Pyro - simple as that!

The question is should we RID him, and in addition we get Hydro, or we lynch him not to take any chances, cause if the baddies manage to manipulate us and get Pyro it's probably game over for us!

I see your point, I think we were relying to much on past mafias were we automatically came to the assumption that being attacked by a bad guy makes you good. There are still roles that at the moment are neutral. I'm holding my vote until there's more information to base it on. I'm not about to waste a vote on someone that could potentially be useful in the near-future.

So JS is possibly mimic - and now he can imitate Hydro and Telekinetic?

Changed yellow it was annoying! <_<

1. Randro (RD)

2. Twin Pop (TP)

4. Lost in space (LIS)

5. Zerep (ZP)

6. star_tiger (ST)

7. Kathleen (Kat)

8. Joe's Student (JS)

9. crazypainter (CP)

15. JarZe (JZ) - voting for Star_Tiger

So JS is possibly mimic - and now he can imitate Hydro and Telekinetic?

I think you are on to something there LIS :lol: :lol: :lol:

Totally agree with you, even if you smell bad! :P;)

EDIT: LIS I've just fixed the colors on the roster WHAT GIVZ??

Edited by andromeda

1. Randro (RD)

2. Twin Pop (TP)

4. Lost in space (LIS) - SomeGuy

5. Zerep (ZP)

6. star_tiger (ST)

7. Kathleen (Kat)

8. Joe's Student (JS)

9. crazypainter (CP)

Maybe they can bot die if it's a tie ??

lets hope it's not another three way coin toss and the good guy goes

edit clr for andro

Edited by Lost in space

Changed yellow it was annoying! <_<

1. Randro (RD)

2. Twin Pop (TP)

4. Lost in space (LIS)

5. Zerep (ZP)

6. star_tiger (ST)

7. Kathleen (Kat)

8. Joe's Student (JS)

9. crazypainter (CP)

15. JarZe (JZ) - voting for Star_Tiger

Thanks andromeda, my eyes were starting to hurt!!! <_<

SD - place holder vote? and you may not come back to change it

This is not a mafia defense, so don't go balistic and over-analyze it. My computer at home is broken for about a week. Therefore, I only have internet access at work from 10am-6pm USA-EST. As it stands, I thought I would get to leave work early today and wouldn't be back on until tmw (about 18 hrs from now). Therefore, I at least wanted to have a vote out there so I don't get penalized like I did in Matrix. A vote for JS was a place-holder vote because not everyone is going to bandwagon him (obviously - everyone thinks he is a saint), so it was (I thought) a safe vote for the time being. Obviously a mistake. But even if he did garner more votes than just mine, I had peace of mind knowing there was a moderate chance he was an elemental or the indie.