You might use intelligence,

While others ask a doctor.

To solve this one, you may need to ask questions;

I will be your proctor.

• Answers 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Does the doctor line have any relevance? Or is it just being used for rhyming purposes? I'm thinking it may sound like a medical term which is why "some might ask a doctor" but it may just be throwing me off because I don't know your intentions of using that exact line.

Perhaps a clock or watch

This is definitely a solid riddle, each hint is throwing me off track

Sorry, but closer though! :D

Does the doctor line have any relevance? Or is it just being used for rhyming purposes? I'm thinking it may sound like a medical term which is why "some might ask a doctor" but it may just be throwing me off because I don't know your intentions of using that exact line.

It has much relevance. I won't give away too much, but ask yourself: what kind?

Together yet separate,

I never can retire;

For though I may stop working,

I am reborn by fire.

Conceived by one not dumb,

And born by killing another,

I am perfected by the noise,

Though I never had a mother.

You might use intelligence,

While others ask a doctor.

To solve this one, you may need to ask questions;

I will be your proctor.

phoenix, it has no mother and can be create in ashes to fire, and is loyal to people who proves themself intelligent.

well I'm stumped. I've been thinking about this one for days now. I need a hint or the answer or something.

Well, let's look at those who came closest:

Something created (not naturally existing) - Docta92

Metal is involved - lougrl85

Somehow, television, the internet and viruses/worms are all involved - LichWriter & kkehoe5

i want to say radiation of some sort, but thats not tangible.

Maybe Radium? It was discovered by the Marie Curie, and then ultimately killed her. Not sure what Doctors use for radiation treatment of cancers, but maybe that has something to do with it. So my guess would be Radium.... or possibly Uranium, which goes into bombs. :huh:

Well, let's look at those who came closest:

Something created (not naturally existing) - Docta92

Metal is involved - lougrl85

Somehow, television, the internet and viruses/worms are all involved - LichWriter & kkehoe5

its silver. we use silver in about every technology and use fire to create to shape it and use wind to cool it like glass. its going to into exinction through

its silver. we use silver in about every technology and use fire to create to shape it and use wind to cool it like glass. its going to into exinction through

why is silver "together yet separate"? i was thinking some sort of molten metal alloy would fit better. How about surgical steel?

My answer is STEEL

why is silver "together yet separate"? i was thinking some sort of molten metal alloy would fit better. How about surgical steel?

My answer is STEEL

i think you are into something, i had been thinking...

greek god who creates metal and use fire to create weapons and have no mother but zeus for father, what was his name... he created weapons for hades...

i think you are into something, i had been thinking...

greek god who creates metal and use fire to create weapons and have no mother but zeus for father, what was his name... he created weapons for hades...

I think you're refering to Hephaestus/Vulcan (roman name) but Hera was his mother and she threw him from Olympus because he was lame... anyways, much earlier it was said that it is not a person

I feel like we're getting close, Ima hafta sleep on this one and come back with something tomorrow morning when I come back to work.

Edited by Docta92

I feel like we're getting close, Ima hafta sleep on this one and come back with something tomorrow morning when I come back to work.

I think you're refering to Hephaestus/Vulcan (roman name) but Hera was his mother and she threw him from Olympus because he was lame... anyways, much earlier it was said that it is not a person

thats it, he is not a person, hes a god also a mythological creature so that being said he fits the riddle

This is a good one. I just revisited it and I'm still stumped.

Conceived by one not dumb, - conceived by sound? or something that makes sound

And born by killing another, - killing another, maybe exhausting some sort of fuel/energy source?

I am perfected by the noise, - my initial thought was background radiation, but it wasn't fission, so it could be electric disturbances, etc

Though I never had a mother. - mother could allude to many things, but taking it literally, that means it has a father, and that could mean prototype

Doctor - could mean professor (PhD) among other things. Physics?

I would believe that it would be energy/electricity (it can be spent and its last stage is heat, which alludes to the fire in the riddle). But, TTT said that it was something tangible, so it wouldn't be.

Still thinking on this. Hey, TTT, was my shot even near the mark?