BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Professor Nelson is just getting home when he realizes that someone has put a note under his door. He checks in and it says..

wIll you be mine? Answer This notE or THE repercussions will be dire..Find Out whO i am or you're Doomed..

Thinking it's all a joke, Professor Nelson puts it on his table and forgets about it. But the next day he is sick and stays out of his class. But he gets a call saying that there was an attempted murder on his substitute teacher, and he knows he'd better take a better look at that note. So he does. After that he decides to look for clues. First he looks around the house. He sees the newspaper that says "Murderer Is..."but remembers reading it, so doesn't think twice. Nothing else in the house is interesting,other than the lack of one wall color. So next he goes to the University. He goes to the door of his office, and all he can see is...

Profess...

professor of...

and then a note obscures the rest. The note reads...

you're nOt getting Any Closer. you need to work a Little harDer. oR else. oh-and from here on, it only gets harDer.

he goes in, and on his desk lies a note completely identical to the one that is on the door.

He finds nothing else here, so he goes into the classroom which has been cordoned off. He tells the police that he may have been the target, but doesn't tell them about the note, to avoid publicity. After all, he had enough of that in the past. So he goes home and, sitting in front of the TV, it hits him. He figured it out!

Hints:

There are a few unanswered questions. Figuring them out is a good idea.

;)

I will answer the questions if you get them. There is an eighth bonus giveaway that I won't give out until much later, even if somebody gets it. I won't answer it until someone does.

Even after I've given out the seven, there is one more puzzle to solve. The eighth will give that away, though.

Sometimes I give away more than I mean to...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

• Answers 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

1. Where is he getting home from?

2. Why is he looking in his own house for clues?

3. Does he have a roommate?

4. Was his boss the murderer who was freed?

Oh, and

HARD COLD? could it be something to do with the refrigerator?

The thing will solve the puzzle is the name of the stalker.

This name must be common with a TV personality or something to do with TV

There are other letters too, we have missed so far, like M and I in the news paper head line...

I wonder where we are going from here?

i am curious that the purpertrator tried to kill the substitute teacher but still left a note on the proffessors door, this suggests that the killer either tried to murder the substitute teaher as a sign to the real proffessor or he misstook the identity of the teacher for the proffesser and left the note as he knew that the incident wouldnt kill the proffesser!

Just a thought!! :huh:

i am curious that the purpertrator tried to kill the substitute teacher but still left a note on the proffessors door, this suggests that the killer either tried to murder the substitute teaher as a sign to the real proffessor or he misstook the identity of the teacher for the proffesser and left the note as he knew that the incident wouldnt kill the proffesser!

Just a thought!! :huh:

I never thought of it that way.

Your right why would the stalker try to kill him and leave a not at his door telling him he was on the cold end of the case?

So maybe he knew that he would either be interested or that he wouldn't have been killed as Jeeneeus said

This is along the lines I am thinking:

With the newspaper that says "Murderer is"

"Freed". He doesn't think twice about it because either he is the murderer that has been freed or the former boss was? If we are taking capital letter literally then it could read, "I'm freed".

The "other than the lack of one wall color" was bothering me, does it mean there is one color on the walls or one of the four walls is lacking color? And the in one of the questions answered:

Could it mean that he was in jail before and there was only one color in his cell?

The part when its goes "He goes to the door of his office, and all he can see is.."

The last name is covered up, so maybe it no longer has his name on the office and someone else has taken over it?

The publicity:

It was said in a spoiler "Exploitation of his former boss is the publicity-But he didn't really", so it seems he was suspected previously?

Either his boss is getting back at him or his substitute framed him? Or someone is trying to kill the substitute, which is why they could of left the notes where Professor Nelson would go, or because he wasn't the intended target to begin with?

"lack of one wall color"

why would that be interesting to a person living there? maybe, the color was there which is no longer there? why one wall?

does it really mean "the color on one wall was missing"?

and what exactly did hit our prof. at the end, was it the answer? or something physical?

and finally whats valentine and the opening line "will you be mine" got to do with stalking?

Did the substitute write the note and attempt suicide because the professor previously turned her down?

teaching assistants usually have access to an otherwise locked office and could therefore plant the notes...

on another note....

why wasn't the wall white anymore? (missing color)

was spaghetti on the wall?

awesome puzzle!

"lack of one wall color"

why would that be interesting to a person living there? maybe, the color was there which is no longer there? why one wall?

does it really mean "the color on one wall was missing"?

and what exactly did hit our prof. at the end, was it the answer? or something physical?

and finally whats valentine and the opening line "will you be mine" got to do with stalking?

please use spoilers...some people don't like help

maybe the boss was a girl hence the valentine, maybe they was spending a lot time together so when something happened to the boss they automatically suspected him so he got sent to jail but then he was freed but that doesnt explain why he would go back imediatly....

im confusing myself arent I

Hard cold? Cold that be refering to his illness? Or to the weather?

What kind of relevance does the wall color have? And does the Profess, Professor of.... signify that he no longer has a job at the school?

This is a tough riddle!

On his office the note was placed over OR NELSON HISTORY. If that makes any sense. The murderer being free might have something to do with something but I'm not sure yet. And I ate the food, Hard cold, and the color not being white. Might that all have something to do with the spaghetti. And his boss, sense he is a proffessor might his boss have been someone else in the school? ...

I IS SO CONFUZZLED!!!

AHHHHHHH! This probably has no relevence........ but.................... :wacko:

Does Professor Nelson know anything about the spaghetti that has been eaten? Does he care? I would care if their was a bunch of spaghetti missing and someone left a note about it! Also, is the whole "be mine" note and "Valentine's riddle" relevent? DOes the murderer have feelings for the Professor? Or is this just a thing to call it since it was Valentines day yesterday?

Let's see...

Clues we have so far;

1. I ATE THE FOOD.

2. Profess... (Professor Nelson).

professor of... (history)

3. All the capitals can be rearranged into HARD COLD.

Based on the questions asked;

1. Murderer Is... Freed

2. The color on the wall is not White

3. he teaches History

4. Spaghetti

5. Exploitation of his former boss

Missing 2 questions...

1.) Is he married?

2.) How did he exploit his boss?

3.) What sickness did he have, was he down with a COLD?

4.) What University does he teach in?

5.) Was the TV on? If yes, what was he watching?

Is HINT5, GOOD LUCK, just a wish, or is it really a clue?

he was watching TV, to the letters T and V have something to do with cracking the puzzle?

Like adding the letters to IATETHEFOODHARDCOLDTV to make a new sentence?

Is Prof Neslon sane?

there is also capitals in

Profferor Nelson

Proffessor of History

and

Murder is Freed