BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Professor Nelson is just getting home when he realizes that someone has put a note under his door. He checks in and it says..

wIll you be mine? Answer This notE or THE repercussions will be dire..Find Out whO i am or you're Doomed..

Thinking it's all a joke, Professor Nelson puts it on his table and forgets about it. But the next day he is sick and stays out of his class. But he gets a call saying that there was an attempted murder on his substitute teacher, and he knows he'd better take a better look at that note. So he does. After that he decides to look for clues. First he looks around the house. He sees the newspaper that says "Murderer Is..."but remembers reading it, so doesn't think twice. Nothing else in the house is interesting,other than the lack of one wall color. So next he goes to the University. He goes to the door of his office, and all he can see is...

Profess...

professor of...

and then a note obscures the rest. The note reads...

you're nOt getting Any Closer. you need to work a Little harDer. oR else. oh-and from here on, it only gets harDer.

he goes in, and on his desk lies a note completely identical to the one that is on the door.

He finds nothing else here, so he goes into the classroom which has been cordoned off. He tells the police that he may have been the target, but doesn't tell them about the note, to avoid publicity. After all, he had enough of that in the past. So he goes home and, sitting in front of the TV, it hits him. He figured it out!

Hints:

There are a few unanswered questions. Figuring them out is a good idea.

;)

I will answer the questions if you get them. There is an eighth bonus giveaway that I won't give out until much later, even if somebody gets it. I won't answer it until someone does.

Even after I've given out the seven, there is one more puzzle to solve. The eighth will give that away, though.

Sometimes I give away more than I mean to...

GOOD LUCK!!!!!

• Answers 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

there is also capitals in

Profferor Nelson

Proffessor of History

and

Murder is Freed

iatethefoodhardcoldtvpnphmf

I'm horrible at anagrams.

does the food, spaghetti, actually matter? Could it just as easily be pizza? Also, what does "i might tell you more than I mean to" mean? Is that supposed to help us?

Professor Nelson is just getting home when he realizes that someone has put a note under his door. He checks in and it says..

wIll you be mine? Answer This notE or THE repercussions will be dire..Find Out whO i am or you're Doomed..

Thinking it's all a joke, Professor Nelson puts it on his table and forgets about it. But the next day he is sick and stays out of his class. But he gets a call saying that there was an attempted murder on his substitute teacher, and he knows he'd better take a better look at that note. So he does. After that he decides to look for clues. First he looks around the house. He sees the newspaper that says "Murderer Is..."but remembers reading it, so doesn't think twice. Nothing else in the house is interesting,other than the lack of one wall color. So next he goes to the University. He goes to the door of his office, and all he can see is...

Profess...

professor of...

and then a note obscures the rest. The note reads...

you're nOt getting Any Closer. you need to work a Little harDer. oR else. oh-and from here on, it only gets harDer.

he goes in, and on his desk lies a note completely identical to the one that is on the door.

He finds nothing else here, so he goes into the classroom which has been cordoned off. He tells the police that he may have been the target, but doesn't tell them about the note, to avoid publicity. After all, he had enough of that in the past. So he goes home and, sitting in front of the TV, it hits him. He figured it out!

YES!!!!!And the Questions are

Q1:History

Q2:Ice

Q3:Spaghetti

Q4:White

Q5:Ice again

Q6:Freed

Q7:Exploitation

Professor Nelson's Wife is Italian, who likes spaghetti, and is with a mob. It was not Professor Nelson who exploited his boss, it was his wife. She also has a thing for painting, and leaves no wall white. The eighth bonus question, which I said I wouldn't answer til the end, is "Is he married?" It was easy to fake a failed murder attempt when all the police are corrupt and in with the mob too! :)

Not sure how that all worked out though... <_<

I can't help but notice that Profess looks a lot like confess, regardless of the caps. I think the substitute ate chocolates left for the professor, and the despite the weird wording for wall color that that wall was hastily painted with a different color to conceal something. Like blood! Or something else

i am thinking in the lines of

an eskimo...alaska and he is living in an igloo

"lack of one wall color" -> all walls were white, except the one which lacked the color white as specified.

This is purely lateral thinking, all away from the discussion so far, maybe it makes sense, maybe not :)