BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

A plus side of the Holocaust???

Question

TheHolocaust is one of the worst atrocities ever commited by mankind.

Yet the timing of the holocaust actually prevented worse things from happening.

It all revolves around one jewish man who escaped to america from Germany.

So can anyone tell me why the holocaust was actually the lesser of two evils?

16 answers to this question

TheHolocaust is one of the worst atrocities ever commited by mankind.

Yet the timing of the holocaust actually prevented worse things from happening.

It all revolves around one jewish man who escaped to america from Germany.

So can anyone tell me why the holocaust was actually the lesser of two evils?

1st I am not necessarily a historian so please don't bash any poor references this is not a thesis.

2nd There were so many Jewish men and women displaced during this horrible time that I would feel rude to try and hand pick just one of these to bestow great honor upon.

3rd The greatest thing "in my VERY humble opinion" that resulted from this dark era was the gathering of the children of Israel and the forming of what is quite possibly the greatest nation in current history.

4th The undeniable and AWE inspiring fulfillment of prophecy that occured when Israel became a nation has given me many opportunities to INTELLIGENTLY share my faith in GOD and his word.

I know that this response is probably not what you were looking for but if anyone desires to e-mail correspond about what this means to the Christian faith I would be honored and thrilled to pursue such a social intercourse.

GOD Bless America, may we never become so foolish that we cease supporting the people of Isreal.

Was it Einstein?

Peace

Yep.

It was his research on splitting atoms that we found valuable.

If the Germans got hold of it.

Well, Hitler wouldn't have commited suicide, becuase his suicide revolved around the Holocaust.

So this anti-semitist would still be alive and chancellor.

AND would have the technology for. . . I believe it was the A-Bomb, but I could be wrong.

Crazies + Bombs + Hatred = not so happy people.

Yep.

It was his research on splitting atoms that we found valuable.

If the Germans got hold of it.

Well, Hitler wouldn't have commited suicide, becuase his suicide revolved around the Holocaust.

So this anti-semitist would still be alive and chancellor.

AND would have the technology for. . . I believe it was the A-Bomb, but I could be wrong.

Crazies + Bombs + Hatred = not so happy people.

Wow, this is not only sick, but really misinterprets several historical facts.

First of all, the holocaust HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HITLER'S SUICIDE. His suicide is widely believed to have come from paranoid delusions he was suffering from. Hitler had already lost the war (which again had little to do with the holocaust) and would have been deposed and executed regardless of whether he perpetrated the evil of the holocaust or not. He was obsessed with a "Greater Germany" as a place for the "Supreme Race" and THAT failure was his undoing, not anything having to do with the holocaust.

Second, Einstein's papers on the Special Theory of Relativity were published in 1905. Hitler DID have this knowledge and actively sought atomic weapons as well as several other kinds of advanced weaponry. Einstein had almost nothing to do with the Manhatten Project. How you trace atomic weapons to the holocaust is beyond me and seriously concerns me as to who is teaching you history.

the holocaust was actually the lesser of two evils
This is sick and offensive.

Read a book or two before you post blather like this, especially when it's so offensive as attributing a "positive" side to the mass execution of human beings based solely upon their race.

the holocaust was actually the lesser of two evils

This is sick and offensive.

Read a book or two before you post blather like this, especially when it's so offensive as attributing a "positive" side to the mass execution of human beings based solely upon their race.

amen, brother.

but to go along with the theme of plopper's thinking, you've got to understand that if hitler had found the A-bomb before and used it, then the world would have risen up against him much sooner and not let him just take poland and czechoslovakia before they actually did something. and maybe that would have gotten him taken out of power much sooner.

plus, it was being too ambitious that was hitler's undoing. if he would have kept himself to a one front war, and not backstabbed the soviets, he might have won.

had found the A-bomb before and used it, then the world would have risen up against him much sooner and not let him just take poland and czechoslovakia before they actually did something. and maybe that would have gotten him taken out of power much sooner

How, exactly, would this have happened if Hitler had the A-bomb before anyone else?

well, i cant say that we could actually know for sure if the rest of the world could have done anything to stop him, but I think the entire world would have gone against them and at least tried to do something. the A-bomb was the most powerful weapon ever, up to that time, but of course, there were limited amounts of nuclear materials that any one person could have at a time, so maybe they wouldnt be able to use it all that effectively.

remember that the Japanese gave up after only two nuclear attacks because they had already lost everything, including their allies.

if the US had dropped the bombs earlier in the war, they may have not given up so soon.

oh, who knows?

I mean, it's all speculation on my part.

*before i give my answer i would just like to tell everyone i am not offended*

I am Jewish, and i would just like to say i disagree with what you wrote.

If Hitler never came into power, this would all be irrelevant.

But the holocaust did, have an upside. When most countries voted for a Jewish state, they did it out of guilt for not helping the Jews faster, and/or feeling sorry for them.

mm.

But I was a really BAD idiot.

I just said that 6 million deaths (and that's just the jews, that's not counting the homosexuals, gypsies, feeble minded, and many other people) was for the better.

I'm startin to hate myself

But the holocaust did, have an upside. When most countries voted for a Jewish state, they did it out of guilt for not helping the Jews faster, and/or feeling sorry for them.
Assuming that's true, was it worth it? How many dead to form that Jewish state (not counting how many dead after its formation)? I am pretty much a Zionist, but really - the holocaust as a vessel for anything positive? Really? Don't you think a Jewish state would have been formed otherwise?

I honestly don't think it would have formed otherwise, I mean the Jews had no reel political representation at that time, and without a state we never would have had one.

And was it worth it? 6,000,000 deaths?

That I can not answer. 6,000,000 deaths is tragic (i know i am not giving it credit with that one word, i don't want to type up an essay). But having a state, assures us it won't happen again.