BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Yesterday, while I was watching tv, a friend of me entered my room, took a glance at tv monitor, and said " Ow! what an ugly man this is! Is he cartoon or a real man?". I answered "I don't know". Then, of course he looked at me as I'm a dummy. What do you think? Why couldn't I answered him?

<br>
Because it was an advertisement, and you didn't have time to analyse if he was a 3D model or a real person.
<br>
<br>Assume I'm a master 3D film developer, and my friend knows that I can differentiate the most realistic 3D model at a glance. BTW, this is the reason that he asked me that question. <br><br>

Your friend glanced at the TV before he spoke, but you happened to be watching the National Geographic special on migratory birds. Your friend was referring to a magazine he was holding and you could not see the man in question from your angle.

Your friend glanced at the TV before he spoke, but you happened to be watching the National Geographic special on migratory birds. Your friend was referring to a magazine he was holding and you could not see the man in question from your angle.

Nope, let me reword it: He saw a man on the tv that I was watching, he only took a glance, thus couldn't be sure if the man was a real man or a cartoon drawing. Asked me that, and I answered as I don't know. I had been watching tv for hours, thus I should have known the answer, but I didn't know, why?

in which circumstances can a real man and a cartoon man looks same on the monitor? Don't think technically, only simple logic!

Thank God!, I'm not blind.

watching
Cool World or Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

Really, it is possible to be in conflict in these movies. And this answer maybe makes more sense than mine:

I was watching a cartoon movie, in the film somebody watches tv. On the monitor in the film, there is an ugly man. But I can't know whether he is real or cartoon, because in both cases, I would see a cartoon man on my monitor. abs(-1)=abs(1). Abs function turns everything to positive numbers and a cartoon film turns everything to cartoon. Maybe in the film, they are watching a real film, but since everything is cartoonized(?), I see a cartoon man.

Thank God!, I'm not blind.

Really, it is possible to be in conflict in these movies. And this answer maybe makes more sense than mine:

I was watching a cartoon movie, in the film somebody watches tv. On the monitor in the film, there is an ugly man. But I can't know whether he is real or cartoon, because in both cases, I would see a cartoon man on my monitor. abs(-1)=abs(1). Abs function turns everything to positive numbers and a cartoon film turns everything to cartoon. Maybe in the film, they are watching a real film, but since everything is cartoonized(?), I see a cartoon man.

a perfectly valid solution. I was thinking about in, specificly, Who Framed Roger Rabbit one of the characters was a cartoon but looked like a human.

Well, silly me. I was just going to say that you didn't have cable and still hadn't upgraded to a digital antenna and were watching the TV using an old antenna, therefore there was a lot of snow on the screen and that's why you couldn't see a clear picture...

It was a cartoon version of a real man. For example a cartoon of Barack Obama. Obama is real, but it was a real depiction of him being that it was a cartoon.

my bad, i meant *imaginary depiction

man was invisible...

Can an invisible man play in a movie? Indeed, you may say "why not", but would the producer pay for him? Without earning money and without becoming a famous man, who wants to work? Say "he is a fool", ok!, but does my friend have a talent as seeing invisible men?

Thanks for your concern, but it is hard to admit your solution.

I had posted my original answer here but it doesn't need to be unique.