BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

I saw this somewhere and I thought it was hilarious.

Useless inventions

1. Non stick Cellotape

2. Solar Powered Flash Light

3. A black highlighter pen

4. Glow in the dark sunglasses

5. Inflatable Anchor

6. Smooth Sandpaper

7. Waterproof sponge

8. Waterproof Teabags

9. AC adapter for Solar powered calculators

10. Fireproof Matches

11. Fireproof Cigarettes

12. Battery powered Battery Charger

13. Seatbelts for Motorbikes

14. Hand powered Chainsaw

15. Inflatable Dartboard

16. Silent Alarm Clock

17. A Pedal powered wheelchair

18. Braille Drivers Manual

19. Double sided playing cards

20. Ejector seats for Helicopters

• Answers 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

16. Silent Alarm Clock

So what do 100% deaf people use ???

consider it a real question. It is!

One like on the cartoons that makes a little arm with a hammer come out and hit them on the head! :lol:

I was looking for an actual example when I came across this article. I thought I would share the laugh. :lol:

Looks like there are many vibrating/strobe-light models available, to answer LIS's question.

I think I got one. How about a push to talk cell phone. Aren't all cell phones already push to talk, because you have to PUSH the buttons to dial the phone. I also have another one. A snuggie. I mean seriously anyone ever heard of a bath robe. Or a sweatshirt. Long johns. A regular blanket(just suck it up if your arms aren't covered). And from a Chevy commercial critizing Ford. A man step. What happens when it breaks because you forgot to put it up. I guess your just SOL then. And then there are toe socks. What is the point of that. Because sandles are made to wair without socks. And in regular shoes nobody is going to see them. Then there is wireless mice/keyboards. If you make your mom, dad,brother,sister they can easily steal one of them then your computer is basically usesless.

Here's a few off the top of my head...

1. Earplugs for the hearing impaired

2. Shatter-proof bombshell

3. Atom detector

4. Disposable currency

5. Water-repellent towels

13. Seatbelts for Motorbikes

20. Ejector seats for Helicopters

I'm not convinced these would be so bad...

I guess cause an ejector seat shoot you onto the rotor blades.

So you're saying flying across the highway and hitting some other car, landing on the road where no one can see you if worse? I meant it for the kids, anyway. Like, if someone's dad is driving a little kid around, they need to be strapped in.

Actually, If we look at this scientifically, we can apply two of Newton's laws: Inertia and F=M*A

Acceleration for Driver and Motorcycle is the same in the beginning

F = M*A

F/M = A

A Is Constant

If M is greater than force is greater.

If you are still strapped to your motorcycle, it will take you longer to decelerate.

In other words, you will have a closer resemblance to a hamburger patty then without a seatbelt.

Oh... Okay, a trap door in a helicopter would be pretty useful. :P

then the helicopter would just fall on you, that is if it was falling. or else it would be useful like you said.

:( dont joke about that kind of thing (also what happens if it starts raining :o )
- grease prof paper ??

What can you do with fireproof matches? :huh:

All the easier to put out in water. :D

they would not be matches??

I guess cause an ejector seat shoot you onto the rotor blades.

- unless it ejeted downwards B))

I love the non sticky cello-tape. nice and simple - likely to be given another name though. Tape/ribbon perhaps.

Hehe, thought these up on the spot :D :

Toeless socks

Paper Umbrella

I've actually tried the toeless socks idea, and suprisingly, they're kinda useful. I cut the toes out of an old pair of toe socks- I use them to keep my feet warm while im painting my toenails :D

Motorcycles don't have seatbelts because the weight of the bike added to your weight creates a larger impact with more mass, therefore more energy is likely to be transferred to or through the rider. In addition, it is possible to get your leg trapped under the bike, which could grind through it to the bone, break it, or even pull it completely off. It's actually much, much safer to be thrown from the bike (with the assumption that you're wearing the appropriate safety gear).

I'm a student of cryptology and my roommate and I did some calculations a while back for a motorcycle forum, and we discovered that a slow speed crash of approximately 35 miles per hour is equivalent to kneeling down in front of Ken Griffey Jr. while he slams you in the face with an aluminum baseball bat. Helmets, anyone? Now imagine if the baseball bat weighed an additional 650 lb. Not a good idea.

Reference the helicopter ejection seats...they actually do have them. They take longer than a jet does, but they blow the rotor off the top, using charges that blow in sequence so that the rotor actually goes backwards, and then they blow the top of the helicopter off, then the seat punches out. These types of ejection seats are mostly used in assault or attack helicopters by the US Military.