BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Matrix Thrill-ogy

SECRETS and ROLE and SPY information is not to be shared (except BTSC), - it's for use in persuading attacks and lynches

... - abilities are improved or added to the other factions for non compliance. Offending player looses secret or effect of ability.

No double actions

Any auto action (not many in here) will cancel chosen action, chosen action is tilled counted as used

Intro Curtesey of Rainthinker (RT)

The Metro Train Station in New York had been abandoned for many years, until now. Neo rushed into the loading area, jumping the stairs and turnstiles as fast as humanly possible. A Smith was only one second behind him. Bounding effortlessly over the turnstiles he turned his momentum into a massive flying kick which smashed directly into the square of Neo’s back, which slammed him face-first into the opposite wall. “You thought you could escape us Mr. Anderson, didn’t you? We now know who you are, and the One will not be leaving here without our permission.” said Smith, monotonously. Stumbling away from the now-crushed wall Neo shook himself, and then casually made a rude gesture in the Smith’s direction. Angered by Neo’s apparent lack of concern, Smith sprinted at him and began throwing punches. Just managing to block Mr. Smith’s furious blows, Neo backed up against the wall. Smith smiled, knowing he had won, and threw his hardest punch directly at Neo’s solar plexus. Suddenly his target disappeared, and his clenched hand smashed into the hard brick of the wall. Howling in pain, the Smith fell back. Neo jumped down from where he had clung to the wall above the Smith, kicking him multiple times in the head. As Mr. Smith collapsed, Neo sprinted towards the now-ringing phone in the kiosk behind him. He picked it up and put it to his ear, and in less than a second he had completely disappeared.

Smith got up from where he had fallen when Neo kicked him. Staring around the train station, he called to no one in particular, “This isn’t over Mr. Anderson! Not now! Not ever!”

He then walked out of the loading area of the station, leaving it just as it was before.

Empty.

Independent - with assistants (one use each except kill) W/con to kill Neo or be last standing

Merovingian (aka the Frenchman)

KILL(not N1) kill/delete in the form of ghosts, ghouls, demons etc

Persephone - Distraction - out of action 1D 1N if they approach L'Ohme Francais -

Twin #1 Virus (Kill attacker 3/4 chance )

Twin #2 Virus ditto (Kill attacker 2/3 chance)

the Trainman - Firewall (against spyware) N1.... 3/3 - N2.... 3/4 - N3.... 2/3

Agents (programs) BTSC - Vote a target every night (must dedicate an agent to act). W/con take kill/delete all others.

Odd nights can use a firewall on an agent, player (safe)

Smith - Nights can copy any player once other than Neo (if Neo selected - random player chosen)

Brown - Twice can 'spoil' one players vote to not count odd days - not same player

Jones - blocks twice

Johnson - spy twice D or N

Thompson - divert action odd night, not same twice in a row

Freed Humans - W/con delete all the above (not architect) only some may get BTSC

Neo - the One - Wipes out the Agents/independent. Invulnerable while Trinity is alive, If he finds her he gets BTSC with her - Neo can't kill Trinity accidently, once only he will auto save her if attacked - kill action is void

Trinity - knows Neo. Saves him automatically can block twice in the game - Gets BTSC if Neo finds her

Morphieus - saves, if self 50/50 chance

Cypher (betrayer) - Dice role(roll) - 1 or 2 = info to other side (random player), 3 or 4 = Save (choses), = 5 or 6 Block (choses)

Apoc - Kidnaps using the Nebuchanezzar = 1D or 1N out of game, 50/50 role reveal

Dozer - block actions not same player twice in a row

Tank - First Aid, 2/3 chance success

Mouse - 3/4 chance to identify one of the dead/deleted, but can not fail twice in a row, Knows Trinity (can't tell) and will die in her place 50/50 chance,

Switch - can kill every other night if Trinity dies

Usable Programs for the freed humans

Ceraph - guards the Oracle (automatic),

The Oracle - SPY, can get BTSC with Morpheus once he is found

The watchmaker - any night not two in a row, picks role of freed human- I give details, can not make info public

The Architect - Lost in Cyber Space

1 - Social Darwin (SD)

2 - JarZe (JZ)

3 - IDoNotExist (IDNE)

4 - Izzy

5 - Twin POP (TP)

6 - Rainthinker (RT)

7 - Andromeda (Andro/CPB)

8 - Hellgate London (HL)

9 - Crazy Painter (CP)

10 - Joe's Student (JS)

11 - Riaranor (RR)

12 - Impervious (Impy)

13 - Clozobzo (CB?)

14 - TwoaDay (tad)

15 - twin BRO (TB)

16 - Star Tiger (ST)

17 - Some Guy (SG)

18 - Prof Templeton (PT)

• Replies 836
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SECRETS and ROLE and SPY information is not to be shared (except BTSC), - it's for use in persuading attacks and lynches

... - abilities are improved or added to the other factions for non compliance. Offending player looses secret or effect of ability.

No double actions

Any auto action (not many in here) will cancel chosen action, chosen action is tilled counted as used

Intro Curtesey of Rainthinker (RT)

The Metro Train Station in New York had been abandoned for many years, until now. Neo rushed into the loading area, jumping the stairs and turnstiles as fast as humanly possible. A Smith was only one second behind him. Bounding effortlessly over the turnstiles he turned his momentum into a massive flying kick which smashed directly into the square of Neo’s back, which slammed him face-first into the opposite wall. “You thought you could escape us Mr. Anderson, didn’t you? We now know who you are, and the One will not be leaving here without our permission.” said Smith, monotonously. Stumbling away from the now-crushed wall Neo shook himself, and then casually made a rude gesture in the Smith’s direction. Angered by Neo’s apparent lack of concern, Smith sprinted at him and began throwing punches. Just managing to block Mr. Smith’s furious blows, Neo backed up against the wall. Smith smiled, knowing he had won, and threw his hardest punch directly at Neo’s solar plexus. Suddenly his target disappeared, and his clenched hand smashed into the hard brick of the wall. Howling in pain, the Smith fell back. Neo jumped down from where he had clung to the wall above the Smith, kicking him multiple times in the head. As Mr. Smith collapsed, Neo sprinted towards the now-ringing phone in the kiosk behind him. He picked it up and put it to his ear, and in less than a second he had completely disappeared.

Smith got up from where he had fallen when Neo kicked him. Staring around the train station, he called to no one in particular, “This isn’t over Mr. Anderson! Not now! Not ever!”

He then walked out of the loading area of the station, leaving it just as it was before.

Empty.

Independent - with assistants (one use each except kill) W/con to kill Neo or be last standing

Merovingian (aka the Frenchman)

KILL(not N1) kill/delete in the form of ghosts, ghouls, demons etc

Persephone - Distraction - out of action 1D 1N if they approach L'Ohme Francais -

Twin #1 Virus (Kill attacker 3/4 chance )

Twin #2 Virus ditto (Kill attacker 2/3 chance)

the Trainman - Firewall (against spyware) N1.... 3/3 - N2.... 3/4 - N3.... 2/3

Agents (programs) BTSC - Vote a target every night (must dedicate an agent to act). W/con take kill/delete all others.

Odd nights can use a firewall on an agent, player (safe)

Smith - Nights can copy any player once other than Neo (if Neo selected - random player chosen)

Brown - Twice can 'spoil' one players vote to not count odd days - not same player

Jones - blocks twice

Johnson - spy twice D or N

Thompson - divert action odd night, not same twice in a row

Freed Humans - W/con delete all the above (not architect) only some may get BTSC

Neo - the One - Wipes out the Agents/independent. Invulnerable while Trinity is alive, If he finds her he gets BTSC with her - Neo can't kill Trinity accidently, once only he will auto save her if attacked - kill action is void

Trinity - knows Neo. Saves him automatically can block twice in the game - Gets BTSC if Neo finds her

Morphieus - saves, if self 50/50 chance

Cypher (betrayer) - Dice role(roll) - 1 or 2 = info to other side (random player), 3 or 4 = Save (choses), = 5 or 6 Block (choses)

Apoc - Kidnaps using the Nebuchanezzar = 1D or 1N out of game, 50/50 role reveal

Dozer - block actions not same player twice in a row

Tank - First Aid, 2/3 chance success

Mouse - 3/4 chance to identify one of the dead/deleted, but can not fail twice in a row, Knows Trinity (can't tell) and will die in her place 50/50 chance,

Switch - can kill every other night if Trinity dies

Usable Programs for the freed humans

Ceraph - guards the Oracle (automatic),

The Oracle - SPY, can get BTSC with Morpheus once he is found

The watchmaker - any night not two in a row, picks role of freed human- I give details, can not make info public

The Architect - Lost in Cyber Space

1 - Social Darwin (SD)

2 - JarZe (JZ)

3 - IDoNotExist (IDNE)

4 - Izzy

5 - Twin POP (TP)

6 - Rainthinker (RT)

7 - Andromeda (Andro/CPB)

8 - Hellgate London (HL)

9 - Crazy Painter (CP)

10 - Joe's Student (JS)

11 - Riaranor (RR)

12 - Impervious (Impy)

13 - Clozobzo (CB?)

14 - TwoaDay (tad)

15 - twin BRO (TB)

16 - Star Tiger (ST)

17 - Some Guy (SG)

18 - Prof Templeton (PT)

wake up LIS. The Matrix has you. excellent intro. role confirmed. follow the little white rabbit...

So lemme get this straight... only Neo can kill, or there might be some secret goddie kill ability?

Oh man we are screwed if only Neo can kill :(

read closer...

The agents choose one to kill amongst themselves and i think the independents can kill... not too sure.

Emphasising activity - lynches must post min two substance posts per day "I am a goodie" is not complient, if unsure make accusations and dedusctions etc that people can respond to - you can make many non spamming posts if you like

Reminder of serets - roles - info - is not to be made public, learn to persuade, not out your roles

If you need a backup, Im here :D
fanQ

Confirmed! *follows the fuzzy white rabbit*post-10697-1233710353.gif

I have a question:

Thompson: Does he divert an action to a different player, or is the action only blocked?

Random diversion - dice role, may divert to own side - pure luck

Nice intro! This looks like it will be amazingly fun :D Is the Freed Humans siding with the Usable Programs? :)
- thank RT - yes freed Hs and UP's are same side

i also will be a backup :) also when were the signups?
fanQ2

Independents have three killing roles, agents have a group kill and we only have Neo! :o
- independents in italics are actions not roles - there are 18 players in bold

Let me know if anything else is unclear

Nice one... I just took a red pill and I'm in ;)

I'm hoping Neo is the only one with "visible" killing ability, I'm pretty sure there are secrete abilities that involve killing.

Let's not get to desperate on that :)

Nice one... I just took a red pill and I'm in ;)

I'm hoping Neo is the only one with "visible" killing ability, I'm pretty sure there are secrete abilities that involve killing.

Let's not get to desperate on that :)

maybe/maybe not - hopefully the balance is in the secrets

So, there is 1 independent? But why the Twin Virus #1 and 2? If the independent can choose which action he takes, wouldn't he always take #1 since there's a higher chance?
One use each, if twin #1 used, Indep. has less chance with twin #2 and v/v. so he must judge when to use - like bullets, they are spent and not reused

I don't understand why people think we're at a disadvantage because we have less killing roles. I mean, I've seen the killing roles mess the goodies up just as bad as the Mafia or the Independents did. I think having the one killing role is for the best, especially if he can choose when to kill. Since he doesn't know who his targets are he is more likely to accidentally kill a goodie than a baddie. So, the fact that only Neo can kill (and is pretty invincible) is likely going to help us.

I don't understand why people think we're at a disadvantage because we have less killing roles. I mean, I've seen the killing roles mess the goodies up just as bad as the Mafia or the Independents did. I think having the one killing role is for the best, especially if he can choose when to kill. Since he doesn't know who his targets are he is more likely to accidentally kill a goodie than a baddie. So, the fact that only Neo can kill (and is pretty invincible) is likely going to help us.

Agreed. Too many kill roles for the good guys usually spells trouble. :o We have a fair number of spying and saving roles to start with and Switch gets to kill if Trinity dies. It's balanced against the Agents' and the Merovingian's abilities.

One use each, if twin #1 used, Indep. has less chance with twin #2 and v/v. so he must judge when to use - like bullets, they are spent and not reused

Thank-you for clearing it up!

I agree. I still remember from James Bond a long time ago, when all the goodie killing roles did the mafia jobs on the first night, creating 4? goodie deaths and no baddie ones. Although there might be a slight disadvantage in the future, it helps a lot to not have too many killing abilities in the beginning to maintain a large number of goodies D

I think the game is pretty well balanced. We may actually have the advantage since there are so many goodies. The baddies have one group kill, the Frenchman has a kill, and we have Neo's kill. We need to be accurate with our lynches and rely on our spying roles to out the baddies and independent.

I think the game is pretty well balanced. We may actually have the advantage since there are so many goodies. The baddies have one group kill, the Frenchman has a kill, and we have Neo's kill. We need to be accurate with our lynches and rely on our spying roles to out the baddies and independent.

I agree. Looks like alot of fun! Lets do this!

Considering he Merothingyone does not know roles, he has a chance of killing mafia too, also there are enough other abilities for the goodies.

Mafia o/s three one off saves where used up N1 (first night nerves regular old and new players - all paranoia), and one once only save was used N3 to save the Vig, rather than the Doctor - opps no doc next night! cant help the paranoia - everyone wants to play beyond N1, everyone one wants to somehow have their 15 mins of fame, and unsung heroes never get the girl

there are ways to win and easy ways to loose - misuse of ability and not making your point and being to open with info just paints a target permanently on your back. The baddies need to be kept guessing for the goodies to win.

Good luck

I knew the MAFIA O/S issue was gonna pop up sooner or later... That was a disaster for us goodies, so I guess less kill roles means we can make less mistakes this time... Please let's think our moves better!