BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Lord of the Rings Mafia

I wish I understood why we thought "these people didn't vote for the baddie, THEY'RE the baddie." It doesn't make any sense. The baddies are going to be the first ones to jump on a bandwagon to avoid exactly this thought process, and the goodies have plenty of reason to avoid jumping on an obvious bandwagon, as well. Statistics (and logic) would say that at least one of the people on that list are likely bad, but I highly doubt that three of them are. It's possible, I just doubt it.

In fact, SD and reaymond, this strikes me as the kind of tactic that a baddie would use to draw investigative and voting resources away from who the real baddies are, maybe even drawing us further into the trap by losing one of yours in an effort to say that you're good. Either way, I don't buy it. Keep your wits sharp, because I don't think it's going to be that easy.

I just suggested that a portion of those who did not vote for Marth would be bad guys. That is statistics. And logically, bad guys would not vote one of their three players into the majority. I didn't say they were all bad and I didn't say which were bad. I was making an observation on the evidence before me. You're fair to have your doubts, the game just started and I'm asking for blind trust from many of you.

After the lynch (if Marth's role is revealed) you will feel much better about trusting me/us. If not, then you will have to go with your gut and discover other reasons for yourself. It's not the worst plan to sacrifice one player on a side to hide two others in broad day light. (Like you're suggesting Reay and I have done) But the fact is, the Army of Mordor has three players. That's it. They corrupted Boromir so they have four. Why would you voluntarily give up 25% of your team in the first day's lynch? I just think that would be poor mafia tactic. Reay and I are going to be targets the rest of the game either way and killing one of our own and drawing attention to ourselves the rest of the game would make it much easier on the Fellowship to ID us. We're not bad guys. At least I'm not, but Reay appears to have good intentions.

I'll keep my wits about me. You do the same. ;)

Edited by Social_Darwin

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I understood why we thought "these people didn't vote for the baddie, THEY'RE the baddie." It doesn't make any sense. The baddies are going to be the first ones to jump on a bandwagon to avoid exactly this thought process, and the goodies have plenty of reason to avoid jumping on an obvious bandwagon, as well. Statistics (and logic) would say that at least one of the people on that list are likely bad, but I highly doubt that three of them are. It's possible, I just doubt it.

In fact, SD and reaymond, this strikes me as the kind of tactic that a baddie would use to draw investigative and voting resources away from who the real baddies are, maybe even drawing us further into the trap by losing one of yours in an effort to say that you're good. Either way, I don't buy it. Keep your wits sharp, because I don't think it's going to be that easy.

thats what i was saying. It's too early in the game to really tell (unless you know), but either way, the goodies get this one.

Option 1: SD and reay are right - we get a baddie

Option 2: SD and reay are wrong - we get 2 baddies, and lose a goodie

reay - why am i suspicious? A. Person would be at the top of my list because i think that others may have a reason for voting for her. Or NOV.

Nov and AP -

Im just wondering - anything that you could say? I want to believe everyone (though i know it can't be), and i want to learn a little more.

reay - why am i suspicious? A. Person would be at the top of my list because i think that others may have a reason for voting for her. Or NOV.

Because every one of your posts has implied/tried to point out that me and SD are baddies even when we have practically outed our roles.

Because every one of your posts has implied/tried to point out that me and SD are baddies even when we have practically outed our roles.

He's right peace, you're now officially on my baddie list...

Maybe we'll have some investigation next night ;)

ahh......... i seeee

that makes sence.

RT - when pippin goes partying, do they tell the partyer who is pippin???

So you have just admitted that you are bad by saying that I make sense when I call you bad???

No you do not find out who they if you are asked to go partying.

So you have just admitted that you are bad by saying that I make sense when I call you bad???

No you do not find out who they if you are asked to go partying.

no im not. Im just seeing your reasoning.

I'm sorry if it seems that way. I'm just saying that its hard to trust everyone right now. That when this day is done, we'll see if PM is bad. Because you and SD are both goodies, or both baddies.

SD, as you may know I have your role and fully trust you at the moment. What thoughts do you have on Peace about this matter?

I'm inclined to think she is good. Her skepticism is healthy and she didn't react adversely when accused of being bad. We will see what tmw brings ;)

I let Neptune decided how he would die, hope you people don’t find it too violent ;)

RainThinker looked down at the parchment in his hand, written on it was all the members of the

fellowship. All of them, for the past few hours, had been arguing about who they would kill this day and

finally they had come to a conclusion. It was a tie between Prince_Marth85 and

NeptunesObsoleteVersion. While RainThinker was looking at his parchment, there was a small

movement in the crowd. Wormtongue snuck up behind a player in the mob, and whispered something

in their ear. Moments later, the member called out, "I changed my vote to Neptune!" Everyone turned

to look at Neptune, who surprisingly, didn't look phased by this new turn of events at all. "It has been

decided, Neptune is the one to be lynched." Said RainThinker, he then nodded to Pw0nzd who dragged

up a massive guillotine. Neptune was quickly dragged to the contraption, and his head placed under the

blade. "I thought you people knew I was a saving role..."”were his last words before the razor-edged

blade dropped.

Host: RainThinker/Pw0nzd

1)Prince_Marth85

2)Social Darwin

3)limeliam

4)A. Person

5) Reaymond

6)Awesomely-Awesome Person[Killed by Boromir]

7)Neptune'sObsoleteVersion[Lynched and found to be Arwen]

8)Riranor [Killed by Balrog]

9)Peace*Out

10)Randro[Dead]

11)Someguy

12)Clozobozo

13) JarZe

14)Twin Bro

15)twin_pop [Killed by Army of Mordor]

Please send all night 2 actions to Pw0nzd!

Edited by RainThinker

well that blows. I forgot about wormtounge! If I had the chance, I'd stab him in the back on top of a tower and watch him fall to a merciless death by waterwheel.

well, time for some popcorn, or sushi, depending on my mood. yum

what! how does that work? i thought it was 3-5 thats why i didnt bother changing my vote... damn i feel so stupid now.. :(

from now i am listening to SD and Reay

*smacks self on head*

EDIT : had number wrong

Edited by clozobozo

what! how does that work? i thought it was 3-5 thats why i didnt bother changing my vote... damn i feel so stupid now.. :(

from now i am listening to SD and Reay

*smacks self on head*

EDIT : had number wrong

that's exactly what I thought when rain asked me how I wanted to die... is there a mistake involved? I can only hope......

1)Prince_Marth85 - Voting for Neptune'sObsoleteVersion

2)Social Darwin - Voting for Prince_Marth85

3)limeliam voting for JarZe

4)A. Person - Voting for JarZe

5) Reaymond - Voting for Prince_Marth85

7)Neptune'sObsoleteVersion - Voting for Prince_Marth85

9)Peace*Out - Voting for Prince_Marth85

10)Randro[Dead]

11)Someguy - Voting for Prince_Marth85

12)Clozobozo - Voting for Neptune'sObsoleteVersion

13) JarZe - Voting for Prince_Marth85

14)Twin Bro - Voting for Neptune'sObsoleteVersion

But this was the final roster? JarZe changed his vote before but it got missed out... It is 6 votes from Marth, and 3 votes for Neptune. Wormtongue changes 1 of the votes, but it is still 5-4 to Marth meaning that Marth should have been lynched???

1)Prince_Marth85 - Voting for Neptune'sObsoleteVersion

2)Social Darwin - Voting for Prince_Marth85

3)limeliam voting for JarZe

4)A. Person - Voting for JarZe

5) Reaymond - Voting for Prince_Marth85

7)Neptune'sObsoleteVersion - Voting for Prince_Marth85

9)Peace*Out - Voting for Prince_Marth85

10)Randro[Dead]

11)Someguy - Voting for Prince_Marth85

12)Clozobozo - Voting for Neptune'sObsoleteVersion

13) JarZe - Voting for Prince_Marth85

14)Twin Bro - Voting for Neptune'sObsoleteVersion

But this was the final roster? JarZe changed his vote before but it got missed out... It is 6 votes from Marth, and 3 votes for Neptune. Wormtongue changes 1 of the votes, but it is still 5-4 to Marth meaning that Marth should have been lynched???

Reay is absolutely right, I did change my vote and I said it out loud...

Can you please re-check the roster rainthinker?

I genuinely hope it was a mistake and not some slimey secret ability to switch self with another playing in the lynch or something. I am designing my own mafia eventually and that will probably be in there somewhere - it's a kick a** ability. Will probably make it random switch though, not a choice. Anyway, here's hoping Arwen is still alive!!!

To answer everyone's questions about the lynch:

Yes, secret abilities were used during the day, but I will not say which ones. ;)

and No, I did not miss the roster ;)

Edited by RainThinker

Wow that secret ability is sooooo powerful!!!

Either;

1. The baddies have 2 people that can switch votes in the day, which is a stupid thing to do as it gives them complete control over who is lynched.

2. The baddies (wormtongue?) has a secret ability that lets someone replace him in the lynch if they are to die. Hopefully its this one and they can't use it again.

3. A noob/independent messed up big style and let one of their own be lynched

Which ever of those is true... Thats a really strong baddie team. I hope some of the good guys have secret abilities (I don't) to counter this...

Wow, we are completely screwed! We are already down two, three or maybe even four good guys after D1... Well, if you didn't believe me before, you should believe me now. Prince Marth used a secret ability to swich places in the lynch or something and killed a Saving role. And if I've got this right, the goodies don't have an explicit killing role. How are we supposed to win this?!?!? If anyone can kill, get PM. Pippin and Mary come party with me.