BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Lord of the Rings Mafia

Sorry it took me so long people, I've been extremely un-creative for the past few weeks. But here goes ;)

It started with a ring, the one ring to rule them all. Both sides wanted it, but only one would become the master of it. As the Fellowship of fifteen

headed away from Rivendell, they noticed that 5 of their number had disappeared. “Where had they gone?” they all wondered. Four minutes later, the

final six members jogged over to where everyone else was waiting, and they headed on their way.

Back in Rivendell

The elf; Glorfindel, was fishing in a large pond on the outskirts of Rivendell. He liked the quietness and solitude of this pond, and came here every

day to fish. Suddenly his line jerked, “Oh! I’ve got a big one!” cried the excited Glorfindel. Heaving backwards on the pole he heaved a large object out of

the pond, and onto the grassy bank beside him. Looking over at his catch, he noticed something strange. Where fish normally round and hairy? Nervously

poking it with his fishing pole, he began to back away. One poke from the pole rolled the hairy object over, revealing what it was. Glorfindel let out an ear-

piercing shriek, and fled as fast as he could from the pond towards Rivendell. The object that had scared the elf so badly, was the severed head of one of

the original Fellowship. As the sun sank into the horizon, the light that had glazed the pond over when Glorfindel was fishing faded. The now-clear pond

finally revealed its content, the bodies of the 5 missing (but now replaced) members of the Fellowship of the Ring.

The Fellowship, turning back to take one last look at Rivendell, saw Glorfindel sprinting towards them; all the while crying “We’ve been tricked!

We’ve been tricked! Five of the fellowship are not who they say they are! You must stop them!” Before he could continue, there was a hissing sound, and

the fifteen members watched helplessly as the elf crumpled lifelessly to the ground, an arrow piercing his neck. Later, as night fell, everyone was

preparing to sleep. They were still uneasy after what Glorfindel had warned them about. No one would sleep easy that night….

The Fellowship:

Not BTSC other than Frodo and Sam (or Merry and Pippin by their BTSC condition) Wins by killing all baddies, the Balrog, and Gollum if he has killed Frodo.

Frodo: Can follow a player to find out their action for that night.

Frodo cannot be killed unless Sam is dead (Has BTSC with Sam)

Sam: Can prevent a player from acting for one night. (Cannot target the same player two times in a row)

(Has BTSC with Frodo)

Aragorn: Can save a player every other night.

Gimli: Can beat a player into unconsciousness for insulting his short stature, so they cannot vote in the lynch vote for one day.

Legolas: Can use his elf eyes to see a player’s role once every turn.

Merry: Can invite a player to go partying somewhere every other turn, that player cannot be targeted that night, but cannot act that night either. (Player may accept or decline) If Merry is targeted by a mafiaso and he is partying with someone, both the players are affected by the mafiaso’s ability. If Merry invites Pippin to go partying, they find out each other’s roles and get BTSC. (cannot target same person twice in a row.)

Pippin: Can invite a player to go partying somewhere every other night, that player cannot be targeted that night, but cannot act that night either. (Player may accept or decline) If Pippen is targeted by a mafiaso and he is partying with someone, both the players are affected by the mafiaso’s ability. If Pippin invites Merry to go partying, they find out each other’s roles and get BTSC. (Pippin may not act the first night) (cannot target same person twice in a row)

Gandalf the Grey: Can mistake one player each night for the Balrog and tell them they “SHALL NOT PASS!” (Cannot act for that night). If Gandalf targets the Balrog, or the Balrog targets Gandalf, they will both die, after a certain period of time (only I know) he will come back as Gandalf the White with a new secret power. Gandalf dies normally if he is targeted by an attacker other than the Balrog. (cannot target same person twice in a row)

Arwen: Can save a player every night, but not the same player twice in a row.

Undecided:

Boromir: May choose at the beginning of the game whether he/she is going to be Goodie or Baddie. Once decided, he may kill a player every night. When Boromir is killed, whether in night or day, his role choice of goodie or mafiaso will be revealed along with his role. (Joins Fellowship: no BTSC, Joins Army of Mordor: BTSC)

Army of Mordor: Wins if they outnumber innocents

Have BTSC

Wormtongue: Can change a player’s vote every day, can find a player’s role at night.

Saruman: Can steal a role’s ability every night.

The Witch King: Can attack every night

Secret: If he kills 3 people successfully, he may use his malevolent powers to resurrect one player from the dead.

Independents: no BTSC. Win by their specific win conditions

Balrog: Can kill every other night.

Gollum: Can find a person’s role every turn, if he targets Frodo and Sam is dead, Gollum kills Frodo. If not, the attack fails by Sam saving Frodo.

Host: RainThinker/Pw0nzd

1)Prince_Marth85

2) Social Darwin

3)limeliam

4)A. Person

5) Reaymond

6)Awesomely-Awesome Person

7)Neptune’sObsoleteVersion

8)Riranor

9)Peace*Out

10)Randro

11)Someguy

12)Clozobozo

13) JarZe

14)Twin Bro

15)twin_pop

I am sending out roles now, please PM back to Pw0nzd with your confirmation/night action (if you have one).

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

woot so excited that this is my first mafia :D

The Witch King: Can attack every night

Secret: If he kills 3 people successfully, he may use his malevolent powers to resurrect one player from the dead.

????? are we supposed to know the secret ability??? and is that accualy the secret ability?

secret much?

Ok guys, game is starting. Rain only got a chance to send off a few PM's before he had to get off for the night so I will be sending out the rest of them.

Start sending your choices for the first night as soon as you get your PM.

Let the game begin

????? are we supposed to know the secret ability??? and is that accualy the secret ability?

Its so super secret that only the people who read this thread will know of it ;)

As soon as I get home from work tomorrow I will be replying/forwarding all PM's so try to have them in within 17 hours of now.

Its so super secret that only the people who read this thread will know of it ;)

ahh so thats it!

As soon as I get home from work tomorrow I will be replying/forwarding all PM's so try to have them in within 17 hours of now.

will do :)

oh btw, are you going to write any of the day/night posts? or just overlook the game?

ahh so thats it!

will do :)

oh btw, are you going to write any of the day/night posts? or just overlook the game?

I'm going to be the one writing the day/night posts, Pw0nzd is really one for writing stories :P (But he still helps :) )

YAY!! It's so funny that this one is so long (LOTRM) and your next one is so short (WM) !! :D Yay for rings! Yay for lords of those rings!!! YAY!

whats WM?

oh also do we have night and day hours yet?

Ok, I still need PM's from:

Prince_Marth85

limeliam

Awesomely-Awesome Person

Riranor

As soon as I get those, Rain will write the night post.

So far, this game is turning out to be VERY interesting :lol: the night post should be great

Edit: added Riranor

Edit: btw, these are confirming PM's and in no way associated with actions for the night

Edited by pw0nzd