BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

peace*out

Question

I've been working on a project for Spanish class. I was assigned to find 4 ethnic groups, and find two contributions for each ethnic group. My partner will work with 2 ethnic groups, and i will work with 2 ethnic groups.

The guitar, or the vihuela, is a contribution to Spain. I've found many names, but no ethnic groups, so I decided to go onto Wikipedia *gasp*. It says:

"The modern guitar is descended from the Roman cithara brought by the Romans to Hispania around 40 AD, and further adapted and developed with the arrival of the four-string oud, brought by the Moors after their conquest of the Iberian peninsula in the 8th century.[7]"

I can't find any other sites that give me ethnic groups, and I can't find anything that backs up Wikipedia.

Does anyone have any sites, or anything that could help me with this? Or even some keywords/ideas to put into google?

Ive done:

~rome spain guitar brought

~who brought the guitar to spain ethnic

~who guitar spain

~guitar spain

Thank You!!!

7 answers to this question

Try "Spain +guitar +history"

Remember, the information you're looking for is specific and may not be the actual topic of a site that contains it. Ethnic origin is just small part of the rich history of the guitar in Spain. Good luck.

Oh, and resist the urge to plagiarize, as some of the sites that come up have papers on the subject. Do take a look at their resources and bibliographies though.

*thinks of the research papers he could have written with today's resources*

*realizes he still would not have gotten higher than a B because he still would have been late*

Another option is to think about the current instruments that look or play like a guitar and where they are from. Do they have a common ancestor? Could one have evolved into the other?

What major cultures were about (and have been linked to Spain) when the guitar was invented?

I hope this helps.

Another option is to think about the current instruments that look or play like a guitar and where they are from. Do they have a common ancestor? Could one have evolved into the other?

What major cultures were about (and have been linked to Spain) when the guitar was invented?

I hope this helps.

yep!! :D

and thanks!!! I got a good grade, and i couldn't have done it without you guys!! Thanks!