BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

peace*out

Question

Post the books that are good for the book club, and others that you just want to mention. You don't have to read any of the books, and if you do, you just read them on your own schedule.

My Ideas:

Regular:

~The Last Dog on Earth Daniel Ehrenhaft

I think that girls will favor these

over boys, but i may be wrong:

~Princess Academy Shannon Hale

~ttyl; ttfn; l8r, g8r; Lauren Myracle

~Twilight Stephenie Meyer

~Airhead; Being Nikki; ??; Meg Cabot

• Answers 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I've already read A&D, and I can truthfully say I just might like it better than the daVinci Code :D I wouldn't mind reading it again :) Fragile Things seems ok, although it looks kind of...suspicious *just finished reading Amazon comments*

Edited by star_tiger

How so? :huh:

<(^-^)>

Well, if you look up Fragile Things in Amazon and scroll down, the two comments talking about the summary (not done by people, but done by newspaper journals etc...), the first one is about how the book is bad, and the second one's description seems to make the book R-rated :P Or maybe it's just my interpretation... :lol:

Well, if you look up Fragile Things in Amazon and scroll down, the two comments talking about the summary (not done by people, but done by newspaper journals etc...), the first one is about how the book is bad, and the second one's description seems to make the book R-rated :P Or maybe it's just my interpretation... :lol:

Well, I just read "Fragile Things" and I thought it a very good book!

It's made of little stories. One with Sherlock Holmes, one in the Matrix world, and others using his previous created characters...

Only the story about the months talking didn't have my appreciation, but the others were great!

And I still vote for A&D :lol:

so? So is A&D and almost every other (non-children's) book. What matters more is how good it is - and at least to me, Fragile Things doesn't seem very appealing.

I would be willing to read A&D again, although right now I'm reading Xenocide (book 3 of ender) and Slaughterhouse Five

Hmm...I've been wanting to borrow Slaughterhouse Five from the library, but I'm not sure whether I will like it or not. I'm not really interested in that particular period of time (it's been drilled into my head since I was 8 <_< ), although I don't want to pass a really good book either :P

I agree with reading Angels & Demons, it's a good book.

Also, I just finished the first 2 books of the Alchemyst series Andromeda was talking about, they are the most Awesome series ever! (Violence, Magic, and Mythology...Everything awesome :rolleyes: )

Also, I just finished the first 2 books of the Alchemyst series Andromeda was talking about, they are the most Awesome series ever! (Violence, Magic, and Mythology...Everything awesome :rolleyes: )

Oh oh I want to read :)

Btw, who's it by? I can't find it :(

Edited by Riddle Master Zack

I was talking about Paulo Coelho!!! Sucky Brazilian writer! Don't twist my words! <_< Besides I wasn't talking about series, but only one book!

Edited by andromeda

I was talking about Paulo Coelho!!! Sucky Brazilian writer! Don't twist my words! <_< Besides I wasn't talking about series, but only one book!

Really? Oh... -_- I'll have to read that one too if it's as good as you say it is. :D

OMG! I have always been a reader, but you guys are refering to books I haven't even heard of! Anyway, I have been away from Brainden since forever, so I have a TON of chatching up to do.... Anyhow... My favourites...(don't laugh)

Number the Stars by Lois Lowry

Bridge to Terebithia by Kathrine Paterson

I love the classics too. Right now I am reading Tom Saywer.... (school)

But anyway I hate the modren trash like the CLIQUE serires. Eww!

I love books that make me cry.

Remember.... I said DON'T LAUGH!

Then i might have it is it the one about the guy who meets the alchemist that can turn lead into gold in the desert?

So, what's our book now?

I have no idea!

Was Enders Game even discussed?

I haven't read it! I have a PDF version of it, but I can't read books on my computer and I have no where to print it, so...

I've bought a book called "A for Andromeda" (Fred Hoyle and John Elliot). There was something about the title that made me buy it :D