BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Getting out of a locked room...

Question

This is an old children's riddle and I didn't see it anywhere else on the site, so...

You are stuck in a completely enclosed room with no windows and a locked door.

There are 4 things in the room: a Table, a Piano, a Baseball Bat and a Saw.

Find 3 ways to get out of the room.

(Puns are acceptable)

Play the Piano until you find the right key, unlock the door, and leave.

Take the baseball bat and swing three times. Three strikes and you're out!

Take the saw and saw the table in half. Two haves make a "hole" (whole) and you crawl out.

Oooooh!

I play lots of RE so I know how to handle these things.

1: Play "mary had a little lamb" on the piano. Causing a zombie to fall from the ceiling. Then kill the zombie with the saw. Then cut off the zombie's finger, triggering a cut scene where some mysterious person opens the door for you.

2: cut the table in half causing you to find some hidden puzzle pieces, put the puzzle together and then the door will open.

3: hit yourself in the face with the baseball bat while trying to put the puzzle together from #2. You will wake up having no idea where you are, tied to your Spanish companion, and with the new virus injected into you.

Oooooh!

1: Play "mary had a little lamb" on the piano. Causing a zombie to fall from the ceiling. Then kill the zombie with the saw. Then cut off the zombie's finger, triggering a cut scene where some mysterious person opens the door for you.

2: cut the table in half causing you to find some hidden puzzle pieces, put the puzzle together and then the door will open.

3: hit yourself in the face with the baseball bat while trying to put the puzzle together from #2. You will wake up having no idea where you are, tied to your Spanish companion, and with the new virus injected into you.

I LOVE THIS ANSWER!!!!! HAHAHHA!

I was thinking:

1) Bang on the piano until someone comes to lock the door from the other side or brings stuff with them to bust it open

2)Hit the door with the baseball bat until someone comes

3)Saw yourself into pieces and push each piece through the crack under the door :)

Edited by sunburntpixY

I LOVE THIS ANSWER!!!!! HAHAHHA!

I was thinking:

1) Bang on the piano until someone comes to lock the door from the other side or brings stuff with them to bust it open

2)Hit the door with the baseball bat until someone comes

3)Saw yourself into pieces and push each piece through the crack under the door :)

Why not just throw the piano through the door/ bash it in with a baseball bat/ or saw through the door?

I got one.

1.bang on the paino until a key pops out.

2.stuff the key in your pocket because it wont work on the door (because theres no key hole)

3.take the baseball bat and slam it on the door untill it cracks.

4.kick a hole in the door.

5.take key and unlock the door.

6.take saw and kill all the ninjas out side the door. :ph34r:

Edited by JU!CE

This is an old children's riddle and I didn't see it anywhere else on the site, so...

(Puns are acceptable)

Take the saw and saw the table in half. Two haves make a "hole" (whole) and you crawl out.

Since doors are usually locked from inside the room, just unlock the door and leave. It didn't say this was a prison cell, or other type of door that locks from the outside.

Another answer is to use the piano wire to pick the lock, if it is a door like in Cinderella that requires a key from either side.

Duh...

1. Carve a set of lock picks for the table with the saw. Pick the lock and walk out.

2. Grab the bat, smash the door, and walk out.

3. Cut a hole around the lock on the door with the saw, open the door, and walk out.

saw your foot off and then the guy playing dead on the floor will eventually get up and open the door.

what's the room made out of? chocolate?? eat your way out!

play a song on the piano and sing so out of tune that you go flat and can slide under the door (where you go from there, I don't know)

take the "t" off the table and you'll figure something out

1 -This works in most situations. Sit at the table and start playing a game of solitare, within 2 minutes some one will look over your shoulder and say "if I was you I'd put the red nine on the black ten." Turn around and beat his a** with the baseball bat. When the paramedics show up sneak out the door behind them.

2 -The "other" door isn't locked, use it.

3 -Playing Mary had a little lamb on the piano and waiting for a zombie to fall from the ceiling ALWAYS works. That is foolproof and unarguably the best remedy for a bad situation IF you have a piano. Also works with a harmonica.

3 -Playing Mary had a little lamb on the piano and waiting for a zombie to fall from the ceiling ALWAYS works. That is foolproof and unarguably the best remedy for a bad situation IF you have a piano. Also works with a harmonica.

For those of us who are uninitiated into whatever weird fantasy world at least two of you live in, could you please explain the mary had a little lamb/zombie reference? Thank you.

Perhaps you could get out even if there was no door at all.

Just take the saw and saw the bat in half.

The two halves make hole and you just crawl through it.

You could also use the saw to saw other things in half - like the table, or a piano leg.

Every time you sawed something in half the two halves would make a hole for you to crawl through.

1. Take the saw and saw the table in half. Two halves make a (w)hole. Crawl through the hole and you're out.

2. Play the piano until you find the right key. Take the key and unlock the door.

3. Pretend you are McGyver and use the piano innards combined with the saw to create a small home-made bomb. The bomb should blow a wall in just about anything and voila; fresh air.

Oooooh!

that is so stupid, its funny :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I have heard this one before it is all about using you Imagination!

1: use the Saw and cut the table in Half. What do you get when you put to halves together a whole/hole. you crawl through the hole. XD

2: you open the Piano and you find the right Key. then you open the door and you free

3: you use the baseball bat and get 3 strikes and your OUT.

(Puns are acceptable)

Please read the question statement carefully...."the room has no windows and the door is locked..."

door is just locked...its not said that door is locked from outside...so you people get up from piano, stop hitting the door with baseball bat...and end waiting for someone to open a door for you....GET UP AND OPEN THE DOOR FROM INSIDE YOURSELF....

take a key from the piano to open the locked door...

Take the saw and cut the table in half.. 2 halves make a whole... climb out the hole...

and for the bat... Im not so sure... I may have to think on that one.

When you say you have a key who's to say the part where the key is on the other side or not, normally if you are locked in they wouldn't leave the part where you unlock the door on the inside with you.

This is what i would do:

Play the piano until you hit a flat, take the flat and place it on the table, take a key from the piano and say ewwies fill the flat full of the kiwis then start eating them till someone lets you out. (repeat process if needed)

or

Take a string from the piano tie a knot to grow a tree (there are knots in a tree) climb the tree to get out.

or

Use the saw to make a hole, when the rabbit comes out dive in to the hole, grab the key, drink the pishalver, grab the orfulligin, unlock the door and walk out. (eat the orfulligin as needed to return to normal size)

or

Take the bat and have it bite you, turn into a bat and hide until someone comes to look for you, then fly out and lock the door behind you.

Edited by brandonyy4u

1. get a home run, then run home

2.get a key from the piano (I know it's the same)

3.saw the legs off of the piano and table. it's easy to kick the door open with 10 legs

4.die, you're probably going to hell anyways, why not use it to leave the room? saw your head off