BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Brothers and sisters, it is time to stand united and strike a blow for making the world a better place! Let's identify all the little things that are wrong with the world and have a good rant about them, then maybe the Powers That Be will sit up and take notice (or perhaps not).

Like central locking systems on cars, for instance. Why is it that when you press the button to unlock it you hear the clunk telling you it's unlocked but if you don't wait another second before pulling on the door handle the door stays locked! Whats that all about? Is it some kind of punishment for being hasty? And washing machines, too. You've started a wash and then you decide to stop it and open the door (cos you left some tissues in the pocket of the trousers you're washing, say). That's what you want to do, so why do you have to wait 2 minutes before it will let you do it? Either it's full of water or it aint, and if it aint then what's the problem? Does the machine release little demons to help remove stains, and they need to be exorcised before opening the door so they don't get out and cause trouble?

And milk cartons that just glup milk all over themselves and you and the table instead of pouring it. How's that still possible in the 21st century?

Oh and don't get me started on bowls. What is it with bowls? I'm speaking of the crockery variety you use for soup or breakfast cereal or whatever. The point of a bowl is it's a receptacle for holding liquids, hence it needs to go up at the sides a bit more than, say, a plate would. How do the designers of bowls keep forgetting this fact? Either they make them with a tiny piddling little indentation in the middle so it holds nothing, or they have edges at the shallowest angle imaginable so you can't possibly move your bowl of soup from A to B without slopping it everywhere. Is this some great design principle? That we must suffer for our crockery in the name of elegance? How elegant can a person be with soup all over them?

...and breathe. Someone else's turn.

• Answers 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

You might need some more tea *puts on another pot* those same people follow you to college. whoever said there were no cliques in college LIED. :angry:

Ah...I have something to look forward too :rolleyes: *Sips tea*

<(^-^)>

In elementary school I refused to start the "pledge" and was sent to the principal's office, my parents were called and told I was disrupting class. My dad told them if they had just gone on to someone who wanted to start it, there would have been no disruption.

I REFUSE to pledge ANYTHING to an inanament object!

Recently, I've stopped saying the pledge in the morning. No one's noticed yet. I just stand with the rest of the class and wait till it's over. I refuse to start again until someone can give me a legitimate reason for why we say the pledge every morning. The only response i got from my friend was, "Honoring your country, you know?" How is giving my loyalties to a red, white, and blue piece of fabric 'honoring my country'?

DRUGS! :angry: It's bad enough to do it by itself, but to do it publically? Also, if "drugs are bad" why do people try and sell them to KIDS? It freakin' pisses me off to no end to see two 7th graders bragging to each other about how "high" they got a few days ago. It's like society is PROMOTING killing yourself. An example: While up skiing, I was on the chairlift and the guy sitting next to me was a ski patroller (One of the people who are supposed to help you) and in the middle of the ride up, he starts smoking, and blowing the smoke into my face! As if it couldn't get worse, he turns to me, and tries to OFFER me one! Of course I told him HECK NO! But the fact that someone most younger kids look up to would do that just completely pissed me off! :angry:

a monent plesae

I HATE THAT SOME TEENS AND MY BROTHER THINK DRUGS ARE A GREAT THING THING I MEAN HE HAS BEEN THREW TRETMENT TWICE HE STILL ACTS LIKE A F****** AHOLE I MEAN HE CALLES ME B*T*H AND WHOR AND HE THINKS HE CAN TREET ME LIKE THET AND WHEN HE COMES AROUND WITH HIS FRIENDS AND THE GUY ONES LEER AT ME AND APRASE ME LIKE I SOME PEACE OF LIVE STOCK I MEAN I AM A HUMMEN BEING NOW I DONT KNOW ABOUT YOU BUT I THINK IT IS DOWN RIGHT DESCUTING I MEAN THEY ARE ALL AT LEAST 4 YEARS OLDER THEN ME AND EAVEN NOW HE IS HIGH AND DRUNK SOME TINES HE LOOKS LIKE HI IS PART OF SOME GANG!!!!!!!!

THANKS I NEEDED THAT MORE LATER

Recently, I've stopped saying the pledge in the morning. No one's noticed yet. I just stand with the rest of the class and wait till it's over. I refuse to start again until someone can give me a legitimate reason for why we say the pledge every morning. The only response i got from my friend was, "Honoring your country, you know?" How is giving my loyalties to a red, white, and blue piece of fabric 'honoring my country'?

The flag is meant to be just what it is. It's a symbol that is supposed to represent the nation and the ideals that nation was founded on. Basically, they're asking you to swear that you will be loyal to that nation and those ideals.(not be a spy or a terrorist or a defector)

They're not asking you to swear fealty to an inanimate object. The Pledge is asking you to recognize and uphold the principals of liberty, justice, and equality that founded this country and have continued to evolve and, hopefully, improve in the last 230+ years.

The U.S. is a pretty darn fine part of the world for the most part. Maybe standing up and pretending you're honored to be part of it isn't such a bad thing?

This one goes out to all of the idiot drivers, who create accidents or just don't belong on the road. People change their minds at the last minute and almost cause an accident or sometimes do. I was cut-off from making a turn as the one across from me in the turning lane had changed her mind at the last second and switched lanes in front of me. Some old folks drive too slow and can be dangerous. Drunks and dopers are the worst and they don't care because they are high and won't even feel any pain.

This message is to all who do not obey the rules. GET A LIFE & STAY OFF OF THE ROAD!!! :mad:

THE ONES ARE THE WHITI OR BLUE PUFFS OF HAIR THAT ARE DRIVING CARS THAT ARE SO OLD THAT BY ALL RIGHTS THEY SHOULD NOT WORK

Dude, I feel your pain >.< Why do I live in Canada again? *Sigh* Snow fails in every way...DX Please...RMZ...take me to California!

<(^-^)>

Edit: Realized the person who posted above me is from California XD

I FEEL YOU PAIN I WANT TO MOVE BACK TO CALI

I feel for you, RT... :( Let's all move into Impy's and RMZ's houses in Cali!!!

On another subject of school:

On Friday, we had yet ANOTHER lockdown practice! We were condemned to sitting in the dark under tables that are pleasantly stuck with gum below them, while not being able to do anything. NOTHING FOR ONE FREAKING HOUR. We can't even talk!!! Seriously, who needs practice in being quiet? It's just turning off the light and huddling in the corner. We don't need a practice every month that lasts for an hour, maybe even two. Plus, what are the chances of a murderer coming into the school and deciding to kill off students for fun? Even if that happened, the guy could break the window, open the door, and open-fire. Not much resistance...grr...

THEY ARE DESTERBING AT MY SCHOOL BECAUSE PEOPLE SWICH DESKS SO THAT CUPLES ARE TOGETRE AND THEN THEY MAKE-OUT THE ENTIRE TIME

Thank you for this.

First a personal rant: I hate a particular boy in my math class. He is honestly the only person in the entire school who makes me want to cry (I have actually cried at night). I've tried almost everything. With most of the people who put me down, I can snap back a quick remark, which I tried. But he, unlike anyone else, makes fun of me for it. So the next day I don't say anything, and he throws jabs at me for that until I have to say SOMETHING, which of course is the wrong thing to say because obviously every word out of my mouth is a smart remark and I should just shut up. Even though shutting up makes me a moron as well. Someone from the mafia here needs to take care of this boy for me.

Okay. Now just a rant in general: test bubble-sheet scanners. Honestly! We can make build airplanes, sattelites, rocketships, atom-particle smashers, etc., but we can't create a machine that allows you to A) use something other than a number two pencil and/or B) doesn't require you to fill in the bubble neatly and completely and erase cleanly and carefully lest you be marked wrong when you're right?

Again. Thanks.

JUST TELL THE GUT "HARSHNESS IS THE INGERONCE OF STUPEDY IN THE SAPHISES OH THE HOMEOSAPINES" THEN WALK AWAY WHEE HE IS TRYING TO FIGUER OUT WHAT YOU SAYED

I FEEL YOU PAIN I WANT TO MOVE BACK TO CALI

you don't want to move to california now there trying to legilize (sorry about spelling) pot to make money off taxes from it

Really? Being born and raised UKish, I can confidently state I have never encountered such a thing. Not to say it doesn't exist, just that we were never required to say it, which is kind of the point.

We did have to say the Lord's Prayer at primary school, "Harold be thy name" and all that. I resented it at the time.

PS. I still haven't found out the penalty for refusing to say the Pledge of Allegiance. Anybody want to take a stand on that and tell me what happens?

at my school you get in scool suspention for 2 days and lunch and clean duty for 4 weeks

Another...erm...three and a half years XD *pours excessive amounts of sugar into tea*

<(^-^)>

*mothering instinct*

don't 4 get 2 brush

*returns to self*

sorry...just yelled that at my gurl...who else needs tea?...

:lol: that's hilarious! I always buckle up! Police or no police!

Those safety belts are not a fashion statement and not just for show!

A safety belt rant: I hate it when people have a road incident and they say that thanks to the fact that their safety belt was unbuckled they managed to get out of the car! I mean come on! You've just had an accident and you are teaching people about safety?? Those people should be locked up! It's very irresponsible to say something like that!

Maybe there were people that had died because of some weird seat belt incident, but there were far more people that died because they didn't buckle up!!! <_<

Oh, oh, oh and the safety helmet while on a motor bike. For a lot of people (teenagers) in my country it's more important to look good on a Vespa than to be safe! Few years back I remember reading about a teenage girl that died :( because she lost control over small motor bike and hit her head on the concrete and instantly died! I blame the parents! No helmet, no ride!!!

good speech Andro - pet hate for me is the people who say it's my choice - freedom to do harm to myself, or the law is ontrusive no ID cards

I hate it when people are not considerate of the costs of repairs to people, but shout from the roof tops ablut the cost of reparing a car - perhaps it's all to easy to replace a human

And for those that do not want ID cards - what do you have to hide ... open book to all by all

I was told that the Congestion Charge system that the UK have is unlikely to be passed in America - because it would be big brother or state control

I am not so keen to pay taxes to be badly spent, but I am keen that those that use cars more actually pay more. Why should my insurance be as high as the person who is on the road much much much more and driving at the moist dangerous seped in dangerous conditions.

Why should I expect to be cut up by a Parisian driver in Paris who drives like they are glued to the car in front while tooting a horn .. Grrrrr!!

The flag is meant to be just what it is. It's a symbol that is supposed to represent the nation and the ideals that nation was founded on. Basically, they're asking you to swear that you will be loyal to that nation and those ideals.(not be a spy or a terrorist or a defector)

They're not asking you to swear fealty to an inanimate object. The Pledge is asking you to recognize and uphold the principals of liberty, justice, and equality that founded this country and have continued to evolve and, hopefully, improve in the last 230+ years.

The U.S. is a pretty darn fine part of the world for the most part. Maybe standing up and pretending you're honored to be part of it isn't such a bad thing?

I can be loyal to the U.S. without pledging 2 a flag...I don't even put my hand over my heart for the National Anthem...I just stand so people don't yell at me... <_<

*mothering instinct*

don't 4 get 2 brush

*returns to self*

sorry...just yelled that at my gurl...who else needs tea?...

<_< I wi...WAIT you're not my Mum XD

at my school you get in scool suspention for 2 days and lunch and clean duty for 4 weeks

See, if that's not controlling, I don't know what is >.<

I went through our national anthem...it doesn't really sound the same as the American one...

O Canada!

Our home and native land!

True patriot love in all thy sons command.

With glowing hearts we see thee rise,

The True North strong and free!

From far and wide,

O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.

God keep our land glorious and free!

Ours sounds more like we're going to protect our land o.O Which doesn't sound right, seeing as our military fails XD

<(^-^)>

in california there having a debate wether they should allow marijuana to be legal to sell and smoke, that means that when the next generation grows up there not going to know as well that marijuana is a harmful drug, its going to be just like cigeretes to them witch means that there are going to be a lot of high and addicted people in california

in california there having a debate wether they should allow marijuana to be legal to sell and smoke, that means that when the next generation grows up there not going to know as well that marijuana is a harmful drug, its going to be just like cigeretes to them witch means that there are going to be a lot of high and addicted people in california
let me see - cigarettes are legal. They kill you, are addictive and give no pleasure, just satisfy a created impulse. Marijuana is less harmful, less addictive, and possibly medicinal if used in the right way - that is to say I am not the oracle for drugs and needs more research. Fumes of both are abhorrent to me. In fact, I can't stand any fumes in general.

Why so people put burning leaves in their mouth - bob newhart sketch

Ours sounds more like we're going to protect our land o.O Which doesn't sound right, seeing as our military fails XD

<(^-^)>

Well, as far as I can tell you're doing fine :lol: I NEVER hear anything about Canada in the news or anywhere else, except my social studies teacher saying you've got free MRIs. Canada sounds pretty peaceful and calm to me.

Then again, I could be totally wrong. This opinion is coming from a 7th grader whose only source of knowledge outside the USA is what our SS teacher shows us on the CNN website.

Well, as far as I can tell you're doing fine :lol: I NEVER hear anything about Canada in the news or anywhere else, except my social studies teacher saying you've got free MRIs. Canada sounds pretty peaceful and calm to me.

Then again, I could be totally wrong. This opinion is coming from a 7th grader whose only source of knowledge outside the USA is what our SS teacher shows us on the CNN website.

Yeah...we're the peaceful Country ^_^ What little military we have, is in Afghanistan, cleaning up after all the attacks and trying to rebuild things <_< And yes, we DO have free healthcare XD

<(^-^)>

Yeah...we're the peaceful Country ^_^ What little military we have, is in Afghanistan, cleaning up after all the attacks and trying to rebuild things <_< And yes, we DO have free healthcare XD

<(^-^)>

Psh, i wanna move to canada! :P

let me see - cigarettes are legal. They kill you, are addictive and give no pleasure, just satisfy a created impulse. Marijuana is less harmful, less addictive, and possibly medicinal if used in the right way - that is to say I am not the oracle for drugs and needs more research. Fumes of both are abhorrent to me. In fact, I can't stand any fumes in general.

Why so people put burning leaves in their mouth - bob newhart sketch

Yeah! Where does the logic come in? I have given up urging my friends to stop smoking, you know it can be harmful so why smoke? If I ask them the reason, they say it's cool. For the hell of it, I cannot understand where the logic comes in. <_<