BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

One day, King Leroy, the High King of Middle Mafiadom, called together all the greatest heroes and adventurers in the land (i.e. you guys) to his Royal Court. After sighing deeply, he proclaimed:

"Prince C.C., that irascible puzzle pusher, has undertaken a perilous journey to seek the Holy GRail, which he plans to use to unite the warring mafiadoms...but I'll let him tell you about that when you find him. Oh great and valiant Warriors of the Mind, I beseech you to take up this Quest to find my rogue son and lend the mental edges of your swords to his aid. I will not lie to you; the journey will be difficult and precarious. However, I am confident that you all are up for the feat."

Then King Leroy waved his hand and his attendant brought in a scroll. It was the first clue left by the Prince. On the scroll was scrawled:

Start by lending the man of the hour a hand and showing your degree of affection by decimating this puzzle:

2:51, 9:00, 1:40, 6:49, 7:09, 11:29, 3:33, 8:04, 7:07, 4:58, 6:00, 5:25, 5:49’, 10:24, 7:40, 2:15, 4:49, 12:38, 9:20, 4:45, 3:25

6:05, 3:51, 7:47, 8:55, 12:16, 9:53, 11:20, 3:18, 6:38, 9:55, 1:31, 3:55, 8:02, 10:58, 4:31, 9:16, 2:45

Edit: Oh, and since this is a hunt, feel free to discuss but please don't post solutions on the thread. Thanks!

Edited by Yoruichi-san

• Answers 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I just figured out how to use the fibbonacci number,however, I do not understand what the last three letters mean.
:huh:

Whoa...what?

What did you do?

:wacko: How'd you get letters out of those?

<(^-^)>

Whoa...what?

What did you do?

:wacko: How'd you get letters out of those?

<(^-^)>

Take each line individually. Number each letter - first letter is 1, second is 2, etc. up to the last letter (60) on each line. The last line is only 5 letters (number 1-5).

Now go through and circle each letter corresponding to a Fibonacci number. These will be 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, and 55.

All of these letters will spell out a message.

Unfortunately I'm not sure what to do now that I have the message. I went where it lead me, but now I'm stuck.

Edited by dwilly

Well I'm stuck on step 5 now, but unfortunately y-san's PM box is full so I can't ask a question!

If you have deciphered the message using Fibonacci numbers, then you should have an instruction to find a post. You will know that you have the correct post because it will state at the top of the post what number it is. Once you have the correct post then you will need to extract information from it.

Well I'm stuck on step 5 now, but unfortunately y-san's PM box is full so I can't ask a question!

If you have deciphered the message using Fibonacci numbers, then you should have an instruction to find a post. You will know that you have the correct post because it will state at the top of the post what number it is. Once you have the correct post then you will need to extract information from it.

I have found the post however am not sure what to do from here. Any hints?

Yes I know this, my problem is I have no clue what kind of information to extract. I was told to "count" but I have no idea what to count, or how many. I have tried counting many things, but nothing seems to help. I just don't know what I'm looking for.

:o :o :o :o

I know what to do! By the way...all your inboxes are full

-_-++ Anyway...you know the hidden numbers on the about me page? They refer to words and letters ;)

<(^-^)>

No I don't know those numbers. Who's about me page?

Edit: Nevermind I think I got it...

Edited by dwilly

SOLVED 100% :):):)

Edit: Many special thanks to Kathleen, IDoNotExist, and Cherry Lane for all the hints/help/whatever. If anyone wants any help/hints/nudges I'll be glad to help.

Edited by dwilly

SOLVED 100% :):):)

Edit: Many special thanks to Kathleen, IDoNotExist, and Cherry Lane for all the hints/help/whatever. If anyone wants any help/hints/nudges I'll be glad to help.

Great Job Dwilly!!! :D