BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia Olde Style

Guest Lost in space

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Vigilante should forgo the night kill tonight too. Even if he doesn't kill tonight he will be able to kill for 2 more nights. We have no way of absolutely knowing a baddie identity at this stage, even though we can be almost sure that Kat's a mafioso. If the Vigilante chooses to kill, he has to choose from the 7 probable baddies(6 since Darwin cannot be targeted), out of which 2 are definitely innocent. So should he take that risk?

It's possible that Darwin's a baddie and if luck is with us, we can have a confirmation after the night ends in the day post probably. And we are almost sure to find a baddie after tomorrow, wouldn't the vigilante be better off killing tomorrow?

You are saying two apposing things in the same post. You are telling us not to kill someone tonight, while also telling us that kat is almost a confirmed goodie. Contradict yourself much?

You are saying two apposing things in the same post. You are telling us not to kill someone tonight, while also telling us that kat is almost a confirmed goodie. Contradict yourself much?

I though I was the only one seeing that... <_<

Don (Confirmed Alive)- - Cool under pressure and will stake steps to control the town.

Thief (Confirmed Alive)- - into everything literally - chock your wallet if you see him around.

Bodyguard (Confirmed Alive)- - Brutal so watch what you say when the don is around.

Goon (Confirmed Alive)- - does as he is told. Well, tries to.

Vigilante (Confirmed Alive)- - Kills at night. Can not die Night one, can not accidentally kill defender. Can not die while protected by the defender who he does not know.

Medical Examiner (Confirmed Alive)- 2/3 chance of discovering the dead's ID (day action).Can not tell the classified information to general public. I PM the Sheriff of sucess (Max two people will know the ID of dead only)

Sheriff (Confirmed Alive)- - can arrest during day to prevent lynch, player is 100% safe that day and night (50/50 reveal next day) PM player name before end of day, not the same player twice in a row. Can not arrest self

Suicide bomber (Confirmed Alive)- - If lynched, player last to vote has 1/3 chance to live too by choosing a wire to cut (role will be revealed) - killed at night 2/3 chance of exploding and killing attacker - choosing wire)

Defender - Knows the Vigilante, keeps safe 100% at night, can not save any other.

Inspector - PMs me a player name 2/3 chance sucess.

Doc -saves any player any night - if self 50/50 chance of fail.

Spy- picks a player - I give role - Known by the suicide bomber.

Mayor -can choose to end the day vote early twice - (notes last accepted post number to stop vote) - host will lynch there and then.. (even if Host is asleep )

These are the roles that are left unidentified. Only one Baddie is dead and it was confirmed as the Bank Roller in the N1 post, all others are still alive. Two goodies are dead. One is confirmed as the Healer, lynched D1. The other was unidentified and killed in N1. The Medical Examiner and Sheriff were mentioned in the day post so they are alive. The Suicide bomber was not mentioned in N1, so they are most likely alive (unless the person who killed them chose the right wire and it was not mentioned? doubt it.) The Vigilante cannot die while the Defender is alive, so the Vigilante is confirmed alive.

This means that possible N1 role deaths were the Inspector, the Doc, the Spy, The Defender, The Mayor. Major hints were dropped about two of these, leaving only 3 left. The death of a specific one of these roles may indicate the reasons for a lack of comment on certain players.

The Doc knows who to save, if they are still alive. Vig, I suggest you go things alone this time and make your own decision, but kill someone.

I didn't say Kat was a confirmed goodie(where did I say that? :huh: ), I said she was most probably mafia. I just said that there's no conclusive proof about her being a baddie. Of course, in Mafia that's nearly impossible. And I was just thinking aloud that the vigilante could accidentally kill an innocent, that's all. I didn't say the vigilante should not kill. It's the vigilante's decision and I am sure he will choose wisely. :P

I didn't say Kat was a confirmed goodie(where did I say that? :huh: ), I said she was most probably mafia. I just said that there's no conclusive proof about her being a baddie. Of course, in Mafia that's nearly impossible. And I was just thinking aloud that the vigilante could accidentally kill an innocent, that's all. I didn't say the vigilante should not kill. It's the vigilante's decision and I am sure he will choose wisely. :P

Sorry, made a mistake in my last post. Meant to say you were pointing out Kat as an almost confirmed Mafioso, while at the same time telling the vig not to take action.

Sorry, made a mistake in my last post. Meant to say you were pointing out Kat as an almost confirmed Mafioso, while at the same time telling the vig not to take action.

I guess I was just being over-cautious or just cautious. I was just saying we can never be sure. Of course, as you said it's up to the vig. now. He will know what to do. ;)

Any plans yet for tonight?

We only have one killing role, so we must pick very carefully who we want to kill. Especially since there's no info on the mafia roles.

JarZe, I am sorry for not trusting you earlier. You have it now.

With the revelation of the healer, many of my past predictions are being questioned again and only a few are being confirmed. Good luck vigilante on choosing a baddie, I hope you have a better sense of who to pick than I do. Doc, I am pretty sure you know who to save this time.

Well Day 1 was an absolute mess, I mean we basically outed 3 (or 4) innocents, without even killing a Mafia. Sorry to LM.

About tonight guys, I wouldn't be surprised if the Mafia have a saving role in their midst, just something to think about. (And if I had to guess Bodyguard would be what comes to mind.) So Vigilante be careful. I'm genuinely not sure about Kat, if this is based on her tendency to be Mafia in previous games then that's worrying. We're going to have to outsmart the Mafia this game, not rely on luck. If I'm missing something about Kat, no problemo. I will say that Vig might find something to go on if he looks through Day 1 voting, there's something that stands out bigtime now that I read again. That's where my vote goes tomorrow, unless something happens tonight. But hey I'm not privvy to alot of info right now.

Less talk is probably better though.

IDNE/JARZE - check out members time zone, Go to member proile - left near bottom is - 'last seen viewing' and 'members time zone' (if set by member).. you may be an hour +/- on DST

Thanks alot for that help. I was wondering how to know what time zones people are on. Seems I am 6 hours behind you. How's the future?

Ok, guys... stop telling people what you're doing. Or what the healer is doing. Or what the vigilante is doing. It's just going to tell the Mafia what your actions are, and if, say, we tell the Healer to target JarZe, then with all the people we have outed, who's to say that we'll have a Healer tomorrow? Everyone should think about what they know, and what it is that they're doing, and make their own best decision. We've already handicapped ourselves enough. We don't want to hand the baddies the game.

And I'm suffering from role dyslexia... where I said Healer above, I meant Doctor.

Edited by SomeGuy

Ok, guys... stop telling people what you're doing. Or what the healer is doing. Or what the vigilante is doing. It's just going to tell the Mafia what your actions are, and if, say, we tell the Healer to target JarZe, then with all the people we have outed, who's to say that we'll have a Healer tomorrow? Everyone should think about what they know, and what it is that they're doing, and make their own best decision. We've already handicapped ourselves enough. We don't want to hand the baddies the game.

And I'm suffering from role dyslexia... where I said Healer above, I meant Doctor.

I agree with SG, we've already said too much.... Just rethink your moves please!

Gah! Typing on a blackberry is impossibly hard! Anyway, I'm seeing my name come up a lot...*wonders if this jas anything to do with my jokibg comment about always being mafia...* Any experienced member knows that it means nothibg -_- Just pointing out that you can't really go on something like that ;) *

Hears announcement to turn off all electronics* Sorry guys...I'll try to get on again soon...Fox out...

<(^-^)>

hope you are KO now

BTW - where 50/50 applies to role reveal - that night, works for those with a day action too

Probably does not apply to the mafia though B))

Don (Confirmed Alive)- - Cool under pressure and will stake steps to control the town. The ability to contol a roles actions?

Thief (Confirmed Alive)- - into everything literally - chock your wallet if you see him around. Identify players?

Bodyguard (Confirmed Alive)- - Brutal so watch what you say when the don is around. Save/kill ability?

Goon (Confirmed Alive)- - does as he is told. Well, tries to. Kill ability?

Vigilante (Confirmed Alive)- - Kills at night. Can not die Night one, can not accidentally kill defender. Can not die while protected by the defender who he does not know.

Medical Examiner (Confirmed Alive)- 2/3 chance of discovering the dead's ID (day action).Can not tell the classified information to general public. I PM the Sheriff of sucess (Max two people will know the ID of dead only)

Sheriff (Confirmed Alive)- - can arrest during day to prevent lynch, player is 100% safe that day and night (50/50 reveal next day) PM player name before end of day, not the same player twice in a row. Can not arrest self

Suicide bomber (Confirmed Alive)- - If lynched, player last to vote has 1/3 chance to live too by choosing a wire to cut (role will be revealed) - killed at night 2/3 chance of exploding and killing attacker - choosing wire)

Defender - Knows the Vigilante, keeps safe 100% at night, can not save any other.

Inspector (Confirmed Alive)- - PMs me a player name 2/3 chance sucess.

Doc -saves any player any night - if self 50/50 chance of fail.

Spy- picks a player - I give role - Known by the suicide bomber.

Mayor -can choose to end the day vote early twice - (notes last accepted post number to stop vote) - host will lynch there and then.. (even if Host is asleep )

These are the roles that are left unidentified. Only one Baddie is dead and it was confirmed as the Bank Roller in the N1 post, all others are still alive. Two goodies are dead. One is confirmed as the Healer, lynched D1. The other was unidentified and killed in N1. The Medical Examiner and Sheriff were mentioned in the day post so they are alive. The Suicide bomber was not mentioned in N1, so they are most likely alive (unless the person who killed them chose the right wire and it was not mentioned? doubt it.) The Vigilante cannot die while the Defender is alive, so the Vigilante is confirmed alive.

This means that possible N1 role deaths were the Doc, the Spy, The Defender, The Mayor. Major hints were dropped about two of these, leaving only 2 left. The death of a specific one of these roles may indicate the reasons for a lack of comment on certain players.

The Doc knows who to save, if they are still alive. Vig, I suggest you go things alone this time and make your own decision, but kill someone.

Edit: I was just investigated by the Inspector. This person must still be alive. I also think that lemony would have said something about the Doc being killed night one, if this were true. Although the Suicide Bomber knows the identity of the spy and they have not indicated one way or another about the Spy's current status. Perhaps the Mayor was killed? My guess is that N1 role killed was either the Mayor or spy.

How does this affect our game play?

Edited by IDoNotExist

BIG morning tomorrow - you have loads of time to get in and change your mind/s

BTW - I am not a fan of non voting - I have not challenged it last round - it wasn't in the rules

Everyone must vote. Otherwise ability affected

Just incase anyone sees my kindness as a weakness ;)

fanQ

Edited by Lost in space

Wow! Sooooo many pages,after me working a 10 hour shift. I believe too much knowledge for the mafia, will definitely hinder us.

Sorry Lemony, I knew you were a goodie this time but, that first lynch is almost always a goodie. :(

Saving roles need to

be extra careful.

I still am not sure about all of those who appear to be innocent. At this point, there is still little to go on.

BTW I can't afford the parking ticket on the hummer.

EDIT: GC, I believe you are an innocent so far.

Edited by akaslickster

One other item in which I failed to include in the prior post.

I kept track of the bandwagoneers. So don't think you have been forgotten. If you kill me, oh well, I ain't a powerful goodie anyhow. Therefore, nothing to lose.

I will say that my influence is very detremental toward the win for the goodies. :D

Time for N2.. Any alterations etc - too late

It's a very interesting night

Will take an hour or so but lunch first

edit - board shows this post as 11:50 my comp and Teletext said 12noon

Edited by Lost in space

Time for N2.. Any alterations etc - too late

It's a very interesting night

Will take an hour or so but lunch first

edit - board shows this post as 11:50 my comp and Teletext said 12noon

Who is writing N2? So far everything has been enjoyable. I can read through the typos. :P

I will ask goodies to vote for the obvious.

GC seems to be on the ball and thinking alike.