BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia Olde Style

Guest Lost in space

I hope your mom's ok, Impervious

Well, from IDNE's last post, it may be too risky to vote for Impervious just now; though i still think there could be something suspect about them both

IDNE's reason for trusting Impervious was pretty weak, but this could simply be so as not to risk outing roles.

All this voting for inactivity just seems a tad dangerous - JS could easily be innocent. But, if it's all we have to go on, then who am i to stand in the way of bandwagoning ;)

question to Host: What happens in tied vote situations? (couldnt find anything in OP about it)

1 - Prince Marth - voting for Joe's Student

2 - Peace*out

3 - IDNE - voting for Joe's Student

4 - Social Darwin - Under Arrest

5 - Rainthinker - Killed by Mafia (Freemason)

6 - Grey Cells - voting for reaymond

7 - Joe's Student - voting for Star Tiger

8 - JarZe - Voting for Impervious

9 - Reaymond - voting for Joe's Student

10 - Some Guy - voting for Lemonymelon

11 - akaslickster - voting for Joe's Student

12 - Lemonymelon - voting for Joe's Student

13 - Impervious - voting for Joe's Student

14 - Kat - voting for IDNE

15 - Riranor - Dead (Freemason)

16 - Star Tiger - voting for Impervious

Good post lemonymelon. You were able to cast doubt on me and impervious while simultaneously joining the bandwagon against JS, hopefully without pointing to yourself as a baddie. I will be keeping my eye on you, especially if JS is a goodie. There was no real reason for you to contribute at this time, JS already had 5 votes against him. You are not on any baddie list yet, I dont really definitively have anyone on it yet, but you are within my scope of vision. :blink:

Edited by IDoNotExist

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG!!! I read the entire thread from page 1 to the last post... I think IDNE has given some hints that Impervious could be pretty important for the goodies... Hopefully I'm right in what I'm thinking, I'm gonna trust you IDNE on this one...

2 - Peace*out

8 - JarZe - Voting for Joe's Student

13 - Impervious - voting for Joe's Student

P.S. Hope your mom is feeling better now Impervious ;)

I was just eating my lunch and the wheels in my head began turning (yes I think about mafias even when i'm not at my computer) I'm not sure if lynching JS is the right thing to do. My reasoning is that everyone seems to be jumping on, I know I did too, which means that the baddies are also trying to remain unnoticed by voting with everyone else.

Granted there are still random votes out there, so they could very well be the baddies. That or JS could be the independent so no one knows his identity.

Just a thought to put out there.

edit: about 6 hours left for the day.

Edited by Impervious

My thought (beyond my passionate hatred of bandwagons) is that putting pressure on someone forces them to reveal something about themselves. If they're good, then they should have no problem revealing little tid bits about themselves (IDNE), and if they're bad then we currently have the best possible chance of catching them on a lie. So, since we know very little on D1, we don't have much choice besides putting pressure on someone. With a little luck, JS will come on and present a defense, and if he's a goodie then we move on to someone else. Otherwise, with SD arrested and JS potentially facing the chopping block, we'll have learned two roles today, and possibly have gotten rid of a baddie. At worst we'll be no worse off than most day 1's (particularly with 1 mafia dead on N1).

All of that said, I still haven't decided where my vote belongs. I think I'm getting a pretty solid list of good guys, but not enough to pull out the bad ones yet... So, my vote remains a non-factor. Hopefully that will change by the end of the day, but I doubt it.

I was just eating my lunch and the wheels in my head began turning (yes I think about mafias even when i'm not at my computer) I'm not sure if lynching JS is the right thing to do. My reasoning is that everyone seems to be jumping on, I know I did too, which means that the baddies are also trying to remain unnoticed by voting with everyone else.

Granted there are still random votes out there, so they could very well be the baddies. That or JS could be the independent so no one knows his identity.

It's pretty weird that JS hasn't said a word, it could be that he doesn't have anything to say, but it could also be something else...

:huh::huh::huh:

You make a good point, however JS has not been saying anything. WHERE ARE YOU JS??!:o I was really hoping that we could lynch someone for a reason other than inactivity. No one has any evidence on a baddie at all?

Edited by IDoNotExist

You make a good point, however JS has not been saying anything. WHERE ARE YOU JS??!:o I was really hoping that we could lynch someone for a reason other than inactivity. No one has any evidence on a baddie at all?

none thus far. except for potentially SD.. I thought I knew who he was, but then the sheriff arrested him, so he can't be the sheriff...so now i think he may have been trying to mislead us.

I must agree especially with what I highlighted.

HEY JOE'S STUDENT!!! Are you out there???????

One simple post is not going to help you. Please give us something to work with. :huh:

Ha I'm here now. God guys there's still plenty of time left until Day Post, I'm doing exams I didn't think there was such a rush to get on. But I haven't had such a motion against me since I was L in DNM! (For the same reason - not being on when others are <_< ).

Anyway, so Slick you're voting for me why? And everyone has followed that vote because...? It would help to know. If for inactivity, there's a few who haven't even voted yet. If it's because Slick you have used your ESP then I'll remind you the last time you used that I was an innocent :). I want to hold back from the You-Must-Be-Mafia defence, and I have nothing really that makes me think that, but I'd be more wary of those that bandwagon me...

If Slick, you've gained some info, I'll remind you of the Thief role. Although A) I could be wrong about the Thief's ability and B) the odds of things working out like this is very unlikely.

Edit: The suit bringer who flopped isn't around it appears? In a box maybe?

Edited by Joe's Student

Ha I'm here now. God guys there's still plenty of time left until Day Post, I'm doing exams I didn't think there was such a rush to get on. But I haven't had such a motion against me since I was L in DNM! (For the same reason - not being on when others are <_< ).

Anyway, so Slick you're voting for me why? And everyone has followed that vote because...? It would help to know. If for inactivity, there's a few who haven't even voted yet. If it's because Slick you have used your ESP then I'll remind you the last time you used that I was an innocent :). I want to hold back from the You-Must-Be-Mafia defence, and I have nothing really that makes me think that, but I'd be more wary of those that bandwagon me...

If Slick, you've gained some info, I'll remind you of the Thief role. Although A) I could be wrong about the Thief's ability and B) the odds of things working out like this is very unlikely.

You are going to have to be a little more specific than that. Some of us are afraid that bandwagoning happened against you a little too fast and that you might be a goodie, but we need proof before we change our votes and take a chance targeting another goodie. Read through all the posts previous and you will get a better understanding of where we are now.

Edit: Aka has been targeted by the spy who now knows his identity. The suicide bomber knows who the spy is. If the Spy knew akaslickster was a baddie hopefully the spy would have said something and the Bomber would have followed his lead.

Edited by IDoNotExist

You are going to have to be a little more specific than that. Some of us are afraid that bandwagoning happened against you a little too fast and that you might be a goodie, but we need proof before we change our votes and take a chance targeting another goodie. Read through all the posts previous and you will get a better understanding of where we are now.

Edit: Aka has been targeted by the spy who now knows his identity. The suicide bomber knows who the spy is. If the Spy knew akaslickster was a baddie hopefully the spy would have said something and the Bomber would have followed his lead.

There's a few we haven't heard from yet, so I wasn't discounting anything. Aka could still be Mafia. And I have given you something to work with btw.

Edit: italics

Edited by Joe's Student

Anyway, so Slick you're voting for me why? And everyone has followed that vote because...? It would help to know. If for inactivity, there's a few who haven't even voted yet. If it's because Slick you have used your ESP then I'll remind you the last time you used that I was an innocent :) . I want to hold back from the You-Must-Be-Mafia defence, and I have nothing really that makes me think that, but I'd be more wary of those that bandwagon me...

If you read all of the posts, you would see that a low profile will arouse suspicion. I can take your word about school etc. I am not using esp. this time. I simply had no other candidates in mind at the time and baddies do not like to bring attention to themselves. So unless you have a better idea than mine, your neck is ours. ;)

I don't see SJ defending himself here, he's rather trying to draw attention to someone else...

I think that if you want to defend yourself you should start hinting on your role, if you're indeed a goodie that is!!!

My vote remains SJ until you give me something more convincing than just pointing out other possible baddies <_<

There's a few we haven't heard from yet, so I wasn't discounting anything. Aka could still be Mafia. And I have given you something to work with btw.

Edit: italics

I will be glad to change my vote if I detect someone who is more suspicious than you.

I changed a statement a few pages ago, for a reason. I need to adhere to the rules and not explain what I know and who I am.

Peace out has been quiet also. Only, I tend to stick with my first instinct. B))

2 - Peace*out

13 - Impervious - voting for Star Tiger

Changing vote. JS if i read what I think I read in your post then I know you're good.

I don't see SJ defending himself here, he's rather trying to draw attention to someone else...

I think that if you want to defend yourself you should start hinting on your role, if you're indeed a goodie that is!!!

My vote remains SJ until you give me something more convincing than just pointing out other possible baddies <_<

There's a hint in there... I'm going to leave it a while. If still, after another while, no one sees it, I'll be more specific.

Slick (And others): You have admitted that my suspicion was based on inactivity... I'm active! lol I've done nothing else suspicious. If I were to come out with my role right away, that would be a bit pathetic, and a loss to innocents, so for the minute I'm sticking with the hint I left. People, please read into comments....

O and I'm JS :lol: .

Changing to Jarze becuase of his refusal that I put anything in my post. Tbh my vote for ST was a filler while I worked, it didn't gain a response anyway.

2 - Peace*out

7 - Joe's Student - voting for Jarze

Edit: Missed Impervious' vote.

Edited by Joe's Student

There's a hint in there... I'm going to leave it a while. If still, after another while, no one sees it, I'll be more specific.

Slick (And others): You have admitted that my suspicion was based on inactivity... I'm active! lol I've done nothing else suspicious. If I were to come out with my role right away, that would be a bit pathetic, and a loss to innocents, so for the minute I'm sticking with the hint I left. People, please read into comments....

O and I'm JS :lol: .

Sorry about the confusion with your name JS :P

Well you're right our vote for you was based on inactivity... I'll read your posts again, maybe I can decypher the code you left for us, if I do, I'll change my vote to someone else. And you're right again, there are others that haven't been active at all...

Changing to Jarze becuase of his refusal that I put anything in my post. Tbh my vote for ST was a filler while I worked, it didn't gain a response anyway.

2 - Peace*out

3 - IDNE- voting for JarZe

Edit: Missed Impervious' vote.

I am trusting Impervious that JS is a goodie, however I still have to look for the clue. However, I will be voting for JarZe. Some of his actions at the beginning of the game are a little fishy knowing that Riranor was a baddie in the beginning and looking at some of Rir's posts. Rir seemed to press saving JarZe.

Impervious, do you see something that I am missing about ST?

Edit: Possibly figured out JS hint...? Either that or I am looking into things way too much.

Edited by IDoNotExist

I will be voting for JarZe. Some of his actions at the beginning of the game are a little fishy knowing that Riranor was a baddie in the beginning and looking at some of Rir's posts. Rir seemed to press saving JarZe.

I don't see the fishy actions at the beginning of the game, I wanted to make sure that we gained BTSC in the first night.

There's plenty of peoplel who backed me up then, and I remember that I almost outted myself...

Wasn't I investigated last night?

If I was, please hint the people that I'm a confirmed goodie

Still not changing my vote, I have no clue on what your hint was... I will maybe do it later

I don't see the fishy actions at the beginning of the game, I wanted to make sure that we gained BTSC in the first night.

There's plenty of peoplel who backed me up then, and I remember that I almost outted myself...

Wasn't I investigated last night?

If I was, please hint the people that I'm a confirmed goodie

Still not changing my vote, I have no clue on what your hint was... I will maybe do it later

If you were investigated last night, than I hope that someone lets us know.

Riranor was a baddie from the beginning. He threw in a post on page 6 that said

[spoiler='Baddies Post on page 6

']"GAH *head spinning* so many confusing post... so JarZe is a goodie.. and the doc/healer is suppose to save him right... all these post are confusing me "

Sounds like he is trying to play confusion but is being very direct in trying to save you.

2 - Peace*out

3 - IDNE - voting for Jarze

13 - Impervious - voting for Jarze

adjusted colors, and changed vote.

Goodies: If I've read the hint correctly, as well as IDNE, then we need to keep JS alive.