BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia Olde Style

Guest Lost in space

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice speech SD...

Anyways, if you haven't noticed if Doc and Healer save the same person tonight they gain BTSC immediately, that is very important for the goodies. Although I think it will not happen tonight because of what you just said, that is definitely gonna kill one of them (at least). If you're a goodie and pretty sure that you're not gonna die tonight then you should've sacrificed yourself not the few people that can communicate behind the scenes in order to get pretty good info on the baddies.. I told Doc/Healer to save me because I was giving a better alternative to the initial GC plan. Which BTW included Impervious and he also approved his own saving, which would make him an autimatic baddie too... Humm... I think all of us baddies were just discovered :o

Rethink it, please!

The agreement goes back to old mafia inside jokes. (see my title as well)

on another note, I do agree that the Vigilante shouldn't attack Night 1. He/she should wait until night two and properly analyze the day posts before acting on night two. I'm pretty sure most of you experienced players can agree senseless night 1 killings of goodies gets frustrating. And with there being so few mafia to choose from the likelihood of successfully killing one of them is very slim. (ex X2: Rematch = wolverine blindly targeted Cyclops, who was lucky enough to be saved by jean grey.)

The agreement goes back to old mafia inside jokes. (see my title as well)

on another note, I do agree that the Vigilante shouldn't attack Night 1. He/she should wait until night two and properly analyze the day posts before acting on night two. I'm pretty sure most of you experienced players can agree senseless night 1 killings of goodies gets frustrating. And with there being so few mafia to choose from the likelihood of successfully killing one of them is very slim. (ex X2: Rematch = wolverine blindly targeted Cyclops, who was lucky enough to be saved by jean grey.)

I think that this is very good advice for the vigilante. I am sure that whoever the vigilante is, he/she will read this and do exactly as you described.

The vigilante is safe from night kills as long as the defender is alive, however not from day lynchings, correct? And the cop can imprison anyone to save them for that day and night?

GAH *head spinning* so many confusing post... so JarZe is a goodie.. and the doc/healer is suppose to save him right... all these post are confusing me

Jarze is not a 100% confirmed goodie, however, is hinting that he is and can help our team receive BTSC by having the doc and healer save him at the same time tonight. Perhaps the Inspector can investigate him as well so that someone will know who Jarze is, whether a goodie or a baddie, and can influence the lynching.

Alright, if Doc/Healer gain BTSC with each other by targeting the same person, then I'm all for coordinated saves. Since this is my first mafia, maybe I just misunderstood the goodies' BTSC description/condition, which states:

“Innocents...no BTSC unless....

Doc and healer meet at night

Inspector discovers spy”

I took that to mean the team as a whole gains BTSC if both those conditions are met. There was no "and" or "or" separating the two conditions, so I took them as one condition to grant BTSC to every goodie. But if it is intended to mean that the Doc and Healer gain BTSC with each other upon meeting at night (the same for inspector and spy) then I must alter my accusations slightly, since regardless of target, the goodies can then coordinate saves – which, as was mentioned, will become invaluable later in the game.

GC - don’t think that wink went unnoticed (about the vigilante having better things to do tonight). While you’ve cleared some fog of suspicion surrounding your motives, mostly generated by my misunderstanding goodie BTSC, killing me will not benefit the good guys, as was clearly your implication. Vigilante – don’t target me. Waste of time.

If both Doc & Healer target the same person and they gain BTSC, then I’m all for it, regardless of target. Should Vig really also target that person? I guess it saves friendly fire, but don’t we want to kill the baddies asap too?

Similarly, the inspector and spy should target a common person then. Won’t that give them BTSC too? The goodies would have twice the spy power (no overlapping discoveries)…They should both target.... dun dun dun....ME.

Edit: syntax.

Edited by Social_Darwin

How do we insure that the inspector investigates the spy? If we were able to achieve both these goals on the first night, we would be set.

I don't think it's going to be possible to do that...The inspector has to target the spy for the person they investigate...So trying to set that up would be near impossible since it would require either luck on the part of the inspector or the spy to reveal themself.

Clarifications for Social Darwin: No BTSC for all of us o.O That would be awesome, but sadly things don't work that way. Basically it's saying that the doctor and the healer can get BTSC if they save the same person, and the Inspector and the Spy can get BTSC if the Inspector inspects the Spy. That's it *Am I right, LIS?*

<(^-^)>

Alright, if Doc/Healer gain BTSC with each other by targeting the same person, then I'm all for coordinated saves. Since this is my first mafia, maybe I just misunderstood the goodies' BTSC description/condition, which states:

“Innocents...no BTSC unless....

Doc and healer meet at night

Inspector discovers spy”

I took that to mean the team as a whole gains BTSC if both those conditions are met. There was no "and" or "or" separating the two conditions, so I took them as one condition to grant BTSC to every goodie. But if it is intended to mean that the Doc and Healer gain BTSC with each other upon meeting at night (the same for inspector and spy) then I must alter my accusations slightly, since regardless of target, the goodies can then coordinate saves – which, as was mentioned, will become invaluable later in the game.

GC - don’t think that wink went unnoticed (about the vigilante having better things to do tonight). While you’ve cleared some fog of suspicion surrounding your motives, mostly generated by my misunderstanding goodie BTSC, killing me will not benefit the good guys, as was clearly your implication. Vigilante – don’t target me. Waste of time.

If both Doc & Healer target the same person and they gain BTSC, then I’m all for it, regardless of target. Should Vig really also target that person? I guess it saves friendly fire, but don’t we want to kill the baddies asap too?

Similarly, the inspector and spy should target a common person then. Won’t that give them BTSC too? The goodies would have twice the spy power (no overlapping discoveries)…They should both target.... dun dun dun....ME.

Edit: syntax.

Don't attempt to throw your name in there as someone to be saved without good evidence, it only promotes confusion and highlights you as a baddie. As I said, I only have a hunch about you being a baddie right now, but not enough reason to promote to other people.

For the Inspector and spy roles to have BTSC the rules state that the inspector discovers the spy. This means that the inspector must target the spy to investigate in order to receive BTSC, if I am correct. At this time, Jarze is just as good a person to investigate as any and we might as well know who our doc and healer are saving. If he is the Spy, than that works out great for us. If a baddie, than we have at least one person who knows who he is and can attempt to influence the lynch.

If all the goodies were to recieve BTSC than this game would be pointless. Everyone would know who the goodies and baddies were and the lynching would be easy. The point of the game is for Baddies to masqurade as goodies.

That's not necessarily true. There are 10 good, 5 bad, 1 indie.

Of those 10,

Vig cannot kill himself (-1 good)

Vig cannot kill Defender (-1 good)

Vig cannot kill whoever is chosen by healer/doc (& assuming they choose JarZe and JarZe is good) (-1 good)

That leaves 7 good guys and 6 not-so-good guys. Almost an even chance of a sucessful bad kill on N1.

But we do not know if JarZe really is good, so we take a chance there. I have an idea.... every goodie target me except the Vig. That way both Doc/Healer ("D/H") and Inspector/Spy ("I/S") can gain BTSC, the goodies will know for certain I'm good, the baddies won't be able to off me in the night, and we are on the ball for D1. Plus, if the Vig wants, he can take a 54/46 chance in the dark. Worst comes to worst: Goodies will still have both BTSC, you'll have off'ed one good guy on accident and I'll be discovered as an evil sac-o-shiz, allowing you to ynch me in the morning. Best case scenario, we get both BTSC, Vig kills a baddie, I'm discovered to be good, and we are on our way to a swift victory :)

Edited by Social_Darwin

Ok, here's my thought on the whole thing.

1.) Of course it's better to get as many goodies with BTSC as possible. It prevents the possibility of us lynching each other, and helps a little with weeding out who the mafia are. However, it's not all important. It's very possible for goodies to win WITHOUT BTSC, it just makes things a little harder.

2.) It's bad bad bad to telegraph who the goodies are going to save. I'd say it might be equally as bad to have two people save the same person, because then it opens up everyone else as targets for the baddies. However, with that said...

3.) The independent can't kill on N1. The mafia abilities are a little vague, and I get the impression that that's on purpose, so they may have more than one kill, but we know for certain that however many people are lost tonight, because the baddies know who is being saved, it is not as many as we would lose if we pulled the same trick tomorrow night.

That said, I suppose giving some goodies BTSC is good, and it's unlikely that the two of them would pick who the baddies were going to attack anyways, so I would understand if the Doc and the Healer opted to take this risk. But, then, that's their call. I don't like bossing around other players that much, so, take what I've written here for what it's worth, and choose wisely ;)

Oh, and I've seen more goodies killed by the goodie killing role on N1 than I've seen baddies killed in the same manner. So, I guess that's worth thinking about too.

Ok, here's my thought on the whole thing.

1.) Of course it's better to get as many goodies with BTSC as possible. It prevents the possibility of us lynching each other, and helps a little with weeding out who the mafia are. However, it's not all important. It's very possible for goodies to win WITHOUT BTSC, it just makes things a little harder.

2.) It's bad bad bad to telegraph who the goodies are going to save. I'd say it might be equally as bad to have two people save the same person, because then it opens up everyone else as targets for the baddies. However, with that said...

3.) The independent can't kill on N1. The mafia abilities are a little vague, and I get the impression that that's on purpose, so they may have more than one kill, but we know for certain that however many people are lost tonight, because the baddies know who is being saved, it is not as many as we would lose if we pulled the same trick tomorrow night.

That said, I suppose giving some goodies BTSC is good, and it's unlikely that the two of them would pick who the baddies were going to attack anyways, so I would understand if the Doc and the Healer opted to take this risk. But, then, that's their call. I don't like bossing around other players that much, so, take what I've written here for what it's worth, and choose wisely ;)

Oh, and I've seen more goodies killed by the goodie killing role on N1 than I've seen baddies killed in the same manner. So, I guess that's worth thinking about too.

Good points made there, SomeGuy, and taking that into consideration, I think it's better if the Healer and Doc do just both go for JarZe

a) because fewer people out to kill tonight, so might as well get BTSC now for the Doc/Healer so that later in the game the healing powers can be used more effectively (ie they'll go for separate people)

b) there's only three hours left in the night: if either of the saving roles aren't here now to change the plan, we'll have potentially wasted two saves fruitlessly.

And I don't think the Vig should attack tonight, either. It's too risky: first night killing is always blind.

Well TECHNICALLY none of this is off topic...so this topic won't be locked unless we start ranting about flavours of ice cream ;) But still...if we settle, we can give people time to make their decisions for tonight...it's getting kinda confusing having this battle back and forth...who to trust...who to target...:wacko:

<(^-^)>

it seems IDNE has been quite active on here, yet not on mine (favouritism :( ?) would you like to respond to my PM's and profile msg, I still havent had a confirmation you fully understand your role ;)

it seems IDNE has been quite active on here, yet not on mine (favouritism :( ?) would you like to respond to my PM's and profile msg, I still havent had a confirmation you fully understand your role ;)

No Favoritism, just misunderstandings and bad timing. I have pm'ed you now.

Were good to go

I have the actions/non-actions

Thanks folks for making it interesting and especially the new guys for attacking the learning curve

Kat's spot on.. relevant and sorting yourselves openly or subtle up to you...No spam there

SORTING THE ACTIONS - HOLD OFF POSTING (unless you are starting a lynch theory without the night posts).....

BACK ASAP - I'll be in starbucks pondering :P

To eliminate the chance of the D/H BTSC failing, both of you need to target JarZe. Don't target me. We need you two to be able to coordinate earlier in the game.

I agree. Doctor and Healer, DO NOT TARGET IMPERVIOUS!!!

ONLY TARGET JarZe!!!!!

We dont want any confusion ;)

- clink link to youtube music

Many wanted to keep the party going, many wanted sleep and many wanted to act. Those few that cared made them selves busy tonight

Considering the storm that had built up suddenly over Blisinden, perhaps it should be wet, wet ,wet; a dark evening the streets saturated and in places the light very poor. Dark alleys are now very black, not a place for a short cut unless you feel safe. Bo de guard was strolling alongside one f his own, B.A.Lendurr, they always felt safe when ever and wherever they went. Bo Lit up a fine Havana and the alley glowed for a moment. not that there was any one to see. Bo handed over the cigar to BA who gretefully took it and let it stick half sideways from his mouth protected by his made to measure wide brimmed Akubura Lightning ridge hat. Even the rain dare not touch the cigar.. "Well, here we are" said BA

Some of the folk had made their way to bed others, collected what they needed for the night. The vigilante was contemplating his possible targets. Vic wanted to make certain his kill would be perfectly chosen. Half the night spent planning but will he act. He goes outside to check warehouses, parking lots and garages. Areas to seek his quarries corner or surprise them. "What a night for this" he says to himself. "Nice weather for ducks" ....

Doc dons a light Burberry coat he used to use for shooting back in the days when he socialized. It was fun taking pot shots at the skeets and seeing them fragment if your aim wasn't clouded by the odd drop of gin - for medicinal purposes of course. He made his way out and nearly stumbled over "that darned cat again", as he fumbled his way into his car. Made sure his cell phone was charged and placed it in its holder. Taking a short drive across town and pulling in for a quick drive at Mac D's.. Just a coffee to go but waits in a lit parking bay to add his four sugars and extra cream.......

The Healer wants also to make his mark in the town and gain respect. Gave up chances of accepted status b focusing on alternatives. Some say it's a waste of time and the idle rich will try anything. Others are living proof that he must ne getting something right. Paul grabs his old leather rucksack and swings it over his left shoulder, he is certain that he can help the good people of Blisinden and if the chance comes he'll be doing his best. Peaked hat on his head he walks calmly to his car throwing his rucksack on the passenger seat. He now glides slowly around from block to block, seeing where his direction will take him

The Spy and master of espionage from days almost forgotten grabs a few of his precious tools and creeps off into the night. Ivor had made enemies by helping his country, but also friends too. Now it was time to help his new friends in the town. Not having settled that long here, he was determined to assist by delving here and there as you would expect. He had a plan. Someone he could or could not trust was going to get a quick inspection while they were down the bar. Akaslickster - just who's side was he really on? Dead interesting or dead boring, it was time to find out......

Sheriff is restless and finishes his coffee before waring taking to the streets to ensure all will be safe. He has seen it all in his time. So much he could fill a library shelf of manuscripts if it were not for all that triplicate paperwork

While akaslickster was downing or was it drowning in the bar a short way from his home, The spy had quickly rifled through his draws, files, paper work anything he could lay his hands on. Once finding what he needed to know he would be sure to hand it over to the Inspector should he want to make more of it... Ivor was checking slick and in a few 'slick' minutes had managed to slip in and out without disturbing a thing - perfect to a hairs width of exactness. He makes his way home.

Paul the healer had grown a little weary of the rain and decided it was time to pull up. And reached over to his bag to make a cuo of tea. "WTH!, I've left my flask on freaking table". He always carried hot water so that he may have a fresh herbal tea. "I suppose I'm gonna have to find a quick fix or hot water on the spot. I'm not driving home or I'll just be in for the night". He drives off knowing he needs to pay just to end up with hot water. Soon in the distance he sees the glow of a red yellow sign and looks forward to his warm drink to finally cup in his hands and savor as best he can. Finally he is 'rewarded' using the drive through as he is anxious to keep dry and comfortable, despite the need to stretch his legs. He pulls over to enter a nearby parking space. Puts his car in park and reaches over for his bag. "Great, now I.m spilling hot water all over myself". He quickly tries to get ot to wipe himself down and pushing the door a little too far he clips the panel of the driver next to him. "Dr I.Makuwell, your gonna have to lay for that dent young lad". The two exchange details and become somewhat acquainted too.

After some time passed they promised to catch up soon and make arrangements to become more effective for their community. They finally call it a night and go home.

Bo and BA wait a while chatting and watch across the road. There was an expected kill to happen tonight and BA had for his own reasons elected to do the dead. He leaves Bo as watch out and meanders across the street. BA begins to make his way down the alley and takes a peak in a few windows. In the final hhours of the morning and in no need of Dutch courage he pulls out Tommy's Tool. An item lent to him by his so called colleague Lester, the thief.

Ten seconds was all it took to quietly gain access and stand in the shadows. Unsurprised was a voice from the chair facing the TV that wasn't on and a small glass of Chateauneuf du Pape. Rainthinker was expecting a lady friend that had a key to surprise occasionally. Rising from his chair RT turned to see a somewhat familiar shape. He almost stutted, "Can't, No! It can't be." BA too thought he recognized the voice of a humorous friend of days that were. Stepping forward to the glow of the lamp, revealing himself and seeing his target for the first time he too hesitated a moment keeping his hand by his side." Rainthinker"? Yes and he held out his hand slightly turned over. BA grabbed it and in an instant he was sure that they once again had contact. BA was not actually overwhelmed but sad that he must now back his new friends and leave the past behind. Pulling his silenced pistol from beside him. Phutt hhutt!!the bullets flew, RT was never slow in his whole life. One hit him in the shoulder and one just grazed his head and for a while he felt like a sledge hammer had dealt him a heavy blow. RT automatically reached out and grabbed for anything nearby, swiveling with a heavy object d'art and caught BA on the temple. BA sunk to the floor while RT fet his nknees begin to fold. At that moment Bo feeling the most useless of body guards had come rushing in after seeing the lights flicker randomly in the struggle. Bo was ready gun in hand an in the corner of his eye was BA giving his last gurgling breaths as the bloos oozed from his mouth. Bo let one shot out and saw RT's head burst open just over his left eye. A magnum 57 against flesh and bone was no contested at all. Bo fled the scene.......

Once friends, once patriots, once sharing a lodge of freemasons and once brothers in arms......

Host Lost in Space

1 - Prince Marth

2 - Peace*out

3 - IDoNotExist

4 - Sound Darwin

5 - Rainthinker - Killed by Mafia (Freemason)

6 - Grey Cells

7 - Joe's Student

8 - JarZe

9 - Reaymond

10 - Some Guy

11 - akaslikster

12 - Lemonymelon

13 - Impervious

14 - Kat

15 - Riranor - Dead (Freemason)

16 - Star Tiger

What were the chances ????

You have a lot to read - sorry. I have not reread to see if it makes total sense, Ideally we are able to close the day vote quick as poss. But if we get stuck I will let it ride 24 hours as normal - and write it up the next day.

Sorry RT and riranor - sucks for you. Thanks for signing and hope you enjoy your next mafia more.

One of you are welcome to write the next night post - let me know!

Edited by Lost in space