BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Mafia Olde Style

Guest Lost in space

It's good for us innocents if the doc and healer obtain BTSC the very first night. Going in that direction, Doc/Healer both of you should save impervious tonight.

He could be Mafia but with him being targeted the first night so very often :P , it wouldn't be a bad idea if you guys saved him and obtained BTSC. ;)

I think that's an awesome idea. The sooner the Goodies obtain BTSC the better.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good for us innocents if the doc and healer obtain BTSC the very first night. Going in that direction, Doc/Healer both of you should save impervious tonight.

He could be Mafia but with him being targeted the first night so very often :P , it wouldn't be a bad idea if you guys saved him and obtained BTSC. ;)

Doc/Healer save me! That'll be good for the goodies ;)

Folks - there are some delays, Wife is sick, I have to go to school meeting - Might as well make an evening of it.

First night is usually a quick guess but I posted late for a Sunday. - I'll do the day post when back, or during my morning - so you have till then. We catch up in the lynch I guess

Bomb.jpg

Clarity on suicide bomber Ann Gerry; in the lynch - it is the last person that voted, including no vote as last, not the last to have voted for her.

Edited by Lost in space

Doc/Healer save me! That'll be good for the goodies ;)

The words of a probable mafioso? :P A good ploy to prevent the doc and healer from meeting each other. But I am not denying that you could be a goodie, but the doc/healer may be confused and could go for different persons.

I am inclined to believe Jarze though. The reason being a mafioso wouldn't normally try something so early. Unless he is a mafioso and has a secret ability of killing the doc/healer protecting him. Then again it's unlikely since there's a good chance that the doc/healer may die and his faction could be outed. On the whole, I think Jarze is an innocent. Even if he's a baddie, doc/healer get BTSC.

So Doc/Healer, please change your saves to Jarze, even if you have PM'ed your moves to LIS.

Sorry Impervious, but we don't need any confusion on the first night.

The words of a probable mafioso? :P A good ploy to prevent the doc and healer from meeting each other. But I am not denying that you could be a goodie, but the doc/healer may be confused and could go for different persons.

I am inclined to believe Jarze though. The reason being a mafioso wouldn't normally try something so early. Unless he is a mafioso and has a secret ability of killing the doc/healer protecting him. Then again it's unlikely since there's a good chance that the doc/healer may die and his faction could be outed. On the whole, I think Jarze is an innocent. Even if he's a baddie, doc/healer get BTSC.

So Doc/Healer, please change your saves to Jarze, even if you have PM'ed your moves to LIS.

Sorry Impervious, but we don't need any confusion on the first night.

Jointly, the plot of two mafiosos scheming behind the scenes? A nice trap if you're both bad and trying to get the goodies to waste their saves on N1. And if I read the conditions correctly (please let me know if I'm wrong), the goodies only get BTSC if 1.) doc and healer meet at night AND 2.) the inspector discovers the spy. If that's the case, then the goodies waste two saves N1 on a bad guy, leaving the rest of us vulnerable to kills, and gain almost nothing.

And I'm inclined to think that's exactly what you, GC and JarZe, probably worked out in your BTSC before both of you posted so early and with such confidence.

So I've got good news and bad news. The good news is, I'm definitely a good guy or I wouldn't have outted what appeared to be a solid plan by GC and JarZe to waste N1 saves. The bad news is, I've painted the bullseye on my back rather big, bright, and early. IF the mafioso had a N1 scheme like I just described, then they know for certain I'm good, that I'm on to them (looking at you GC) and my life expectancy has just been significantly reduced.

Fellow Blisindenians, I'm not asking for a save tonight. I'm not afraid of the Don and his MOD Squad, yet. There will come a time when I will stand before you, vulnerable as the day I was born, and ask for your help. Today is not that day. No, today I only ask for your skeptic optimism.

My friends, tonight we must stand united against tyranny and empty ideals! As a town, have we not had our fill of corruption and crime orchestrated by proponents of evil and greed? Yes, we have! One man, Vic Toreous, has found the strength to stand up for what is right. Rise up and fight with him!!

Vic Toreous, target Grey Cells or JarZe tonight and watch the snake slither under the hard boot of street justice. Cut the head off the serpent and its tail will rattle in vain! Take back the streets! Take back the night! And lo, the Mafia may take my life but they can never take…my FREEEEDOM!!!

*crowd roars – bullet hisses – I drop dead*

You don’t have to trust me, just listen to what I’m saying.

:ph34r:After tonight, consider me afraid of the dark.

...well said, Darwin o.O I actually did consider GC and JarZe having BTSC...sometimes I think GC is just taking advantage of the fact that people trust him <_< Or maybe it's my mafia paranoia XD I'm glad someone else is thinking the same thing...you must remember that there will probably be a mix of new players and experienced players on the mafia team...the experienced could always be telling the newer ones what to say...beware those whose defences sound too good to be true :o

<(^-^)>

Jointly, the plot of two mafiosos scheming behind the scenes? A nice trap if you're both bad and trying to get the goodies to waste their saves on N1. And if I read the conditions correctly (please let me know if I'm wrong), the goodies only get BTSC if 1.) doc and healer meet at night AND 2.) the inspector discovers the spy. If that's the case, then the goodies waste two saves N1 on a bad guy, leaving the rest of us vulnerable to kills, and gain almost nothing.

Nope. Those are 2 independent conditions. They are not related to one another. I am sure of that. ;) We innocents are surely going to gain by this.

And I'm inclined to think that's exactly what you, GC and JarZe, probably worked out in your BTSC before both of you posted so early and with such confidence.

So I've got good news and bad news. The good news is, I'm definitely a good guy or I wouldn't have outted what appeared to be a solid plan by GC and JarZe to waste N1 saves. The bad news is, I've painted the bullseye on my back rather big, bright, and early. IF the mafioso had a N1 scheme like I just described, then they know for certain I'm good, that I'm on to them (looking at you GC) and my life expectancy has just been significantly reduced.

Fellow Blisindenians, I'm not asking for a save tonight. I'm not afraid of the Don and his MOD Squad, yet. There will come a time when I will stand before you, vulnerable as the day I was born, and ask for your help. Today is not that day. No, today I only ask for your skeptic optimism.

My friends, tonight we must stand united against tyranny and empty ideals! As a town, have we not had our fill of corruption and crime orchestrated by proponents of evil and greed? Yes, we have! One man, Vic Toreous, has found the strength to stand up for what is right. Rise up and fight with him!!

Vic Toreous, target Grey Cells or JarZe tonight and watch the snake slither under the hard boot of street justice. Cut the head off the serpent and its tail will rattle in vain! Take back the streets! Take back the night! And lo, the Mafia may take my life but they can never take…my FREEEEDOM!!!

You don't have to trust me, just listen to what I'm saying.

Great speech! Sounds good, but it's too good to be true. I definitely couldn't be mafioso, why would I want the Spy and doctor to coordinate themselves. On the contrary, I was the one who has tried to do that. Now why would a mafioso do that? I don't see any reason for a mafioso to do that and sit back happily, helping the innocents to some free saves, coordinated saves which will ensure from night-2 onwards that there is no overlapping saves, which could prove to be invaluable to the innocents.

Doc/Healer, choose Jarze tonight. It is clear that the mafioso are trying to disrupt our activities. Much more probable is the chance of an innocent damaging one's fellow innocents. And Vigilante, do not waste your kill on me. You have better things to do. ;)

Nice speech SD...

Anyways, if you haven't noticed if Doc and Healer save the same person tonight they gain BTSC immediately, that is very important for the goodies. Although I think it will not happen tonight because of what you just said, that is definitely gonna kill one of them (at least). If you're a goodie and pretty sure that you're not gonna die tonight then you should've sacrificed yourself not the few people that can communicate behind the scenes in order to get pretty good info on the baddies.. I told Doc/Healer to save me because I was giving a better alternative to the initial GC plan. Which BTW included Impervious and he also approved his own saving, which would make him an autimatic baddie too... Humm... I think all of us baddies were just discovered :o

Rethink it, please!

[spoiler='Social Darwin Post

']

This is only my first game and I can already see how this can get out of hand. With the baddies being the only ones with BTSC they could have worked all of this up, all three of them. Or it could be none, or just one of them. I have no real reasons for suspecting Social Darwin at this time, I have only a hunch, but if I come up with solid reasoning, I will be sure to explain it asap. I agree with all three of them, however, that it is a good idea for the Doctor and Healer to meet, assuming that means they gain BTSC. Now, how do we accomplish this? Instead of working as individuals trying to persuade the team, lets work together to come up with an idea. The day time is the only time that we are able to have contact, lets use it wisely. Present your ideas, with reasoning and proper evidence in a clear and concise manner.

I am going to be as involved as I can in this process. I am online regularly from 11:30am-8:00pm EST, MWF. Only access I have at other times is Dialup so it is hit or miss on whether I will be able to get on, but I will try.

...well said, Darwin o.O I actually did consider GC and JarZe having BTSC...sometimes I think GC is just taking advantage of the fact that people trust him <_< Or maybe it's my mafia paranoia XD I'm glad someone else is thinking the same thing...you must remember that there will probably be a mix of new players and experienced players on the mafia team...the experienced could always be telling the newer ones what to say...beware those whose defences sound too good to be true :o

<(^-^)>

Hey! You guys trusted me in KHM because I was a proven Light member. But other than that it's news to me that you folks ever trusted me. :P And now there's no trust involved here. I am not giving instructions to everyone and nor will I do so. I am just pointing out the obvious thing for the innocents to do. Find me a single flaw or advantage for the mafia from the Doc/Healer saving Jarze. I will gladly retract my statement.

Hey! You guys trusted me in KHM because I was a proven Light member. But other than that it's news to me that you folks ever trusted me. :P And now there's no trust involved here. I am not giving instructions to everyone and nor will I do so. I am just pointing out the obvious thing for the innocents to do. Find me a single flaw or advantage for the mafia from the Doc/Healer saving Jarze. I will gladly retract my statement.

I dont necessarily agree that Jarze is the one to be saved for the night, however, I do not disagree either. Until there is some understanding of who the bad guys are and who the good guys are it is really just taking a shot in the dark. It is better for them to ensure BTSC than to waste a night saving anyone who may or may not be targeted, good guys or bad. Just make it clear who everyone is saving.

Also, showing my newbieness here, is the vigilante forced to kill? If so, it might be a good idea for the vigilante to target the same person who they know is being saved. This prevents a goodie kill, gives the healer/doc btsc.

Edited by IDoNotExist

Nice speech SD...

Anyways, if you haven't noticed if Doc and Healer save the same person tonight they gain BTSC immediately, that is very important for the goodies. Although I think it will not happen tonight because of what you just said, that is definitely gonna kill one of them (at least). If you're a goodie and pretty sure that you're not gonna die tonight then you should've sacrificed yourself not the few people that can communicate behind the scenes in order to get pretty good info on the baddies.. I told Doc/Healer to save me because I was giving a better alternative to the initial GC plan. Which BTW included Impervious and he also approved his own saving, which would make him an autimatic baddie too... Humm... I think all of us baddies were just discovered :o

Rethink it, please!

So by reading that statement we should lynch you first. Eh? :P

I dont necessarily agree that Jarze is the one to be saved for the night, however, I do not disagree either. Until there is some understanding of who the bad guys are and who the good guys are it is really just taking a shot in the dark. It is better for them to ensure BTSC than to waste a night saving anyone who may or may not be targeted, good guys or bad.

That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I just want to ensure that the goodies have BTSC after tonight!!!

It will be a bit complicated figuring out who the good and bad are in night 1, that's for sure ;)

So by reading that statement we should lynch you first. Eh? :P

Thank you, I hope you're getting my point here!!!

it might be a good idea for the vigilante to target the same person who they know is being saved. This prevents a goodie kill, gives the healer/doc btsc.

I also agree with this!

Edited by JarZe

So Jarze do you really need protection?

Careful now, we do not want to give away crucial roles to the baddies. How can we determine if someone is a baddie or a goodie without giving away their role?