BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Brandonb

Question

This morning I was making breakfast, and I began to think... scrambled or over-easy?

My solution... Take the eggs out of the fridge and shake the eggs as hard and fast as I could with my hands, and however it came out was how I was gonna cook it.

Turns out, even though I shook them for about two minutes as hard as I could, they still came out just fine (unscrambled).

So this prompts my question... is it possible to scramble a chicken egg (mix the yolk and the white) together without penetrating the egg's shell? :huh:

Edited by Brandonb

13 answers to this question

I am not sure if this would really work, but on this new comertial there is a device that can shake it(without breaking the shell), break it (with no shells in it and with out getting your hands "dirty") and like a bunch of other things. You know comertials though.

"""edit"""" spoiler

Edited by Squirt

Huh.

I'm pretty sure not, because of all the fluids keeping that yolk pretty much in place. Plus, there is a thin film over the yolk - you know, that thing that keeps it from falling apart when you hold it in your hand. I think the egg white's keeps it suspended like jello, and the yolk can't be popped just by motion.

Just my two cents.

I think "no" would be correct. What kind of egg is supposed to have a chick inside, and is also easy enough to mix by shaking?

I'm not even sure if my logic is flawed or not, but a broken membrane would help :P

Edited by new guest

I think "no" would be correct. What kind of egg is supposed to have a chick inside, and is also easy enough to mix by shaking?

I'm not even sure if my logic is flawed or not, but a broken membrane would help :P

I love chicken and eggs, but not in the same meal, unless it is inside fried rice. My Jewish pals are not allowed to mix the red meat and dairy in the same meal. I like how my cousin puts Heinz ketsup on his mashed potatoes. It shows alot of creativity, and that he is not a picky eater. :lol:

did anyone actaully read what i put?

yea. But without space for the insides to move around, not even a machine could do it. Never seen the commercial. I wonder what would happen if you put it in the microwave though?

yea. But without space for the insides to move around, not even a machine could do it. Never seen the commercial. I wonder what would happen if you put it in the microwave though?
I think I did see a device that blends the egg in its own shell but, that requires penitration.

I heard an egg will explode in the microwave after so long. A big mess to clean if you want to try.

I had a microwave cookbook with many dishes with eggs without the shell. :lol:

To start, I'll guess no for all of the reasons mentioned thus far.

An observation: Eggs are a topic around here quite a bit. I believe this to be inherent with their amazing attributes, both cullinary and physically.

To start, I'll guess no for all of the reasons mentioned thus far.

An observation: Eggs are a topic around here quite a bit. I believe this to be inherent with their amazing attributes, both cullinary and physically.

Well they are a great source of protien, easy to make, and usually very plentiful. Chickens, either wild or tame, have been around for generations. Every since then there has been eggs. It's just one of those perfect foods!

Well they are a great source of protien, easy to make, and usually very plentiful. Chickens, either wild or tame, have been around for generations. Every since then there has been eggs. It's just one of those perfect foods!

I think what you mean to say is eggs have been around for generations and ever since then there have been chickens. Both great foods! Or are you implying that you believe the chicken came first?!?! :o