BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

12 answers to this question

That's not a paradox as it's not contradictory. Snowflakes and fingerprints, for example, fit that description and both are very real.

Thats true buts it's very profound if you ask me.

Edited by booksrule96

You could be unique, but your uniqueness is not unique.

What i'm trying to say is, even though you are different from other people in many different ways, that uniqueness is not one of them.

"Remember you are unique. Just like everyone else."

This is not self-contradictory.

"You are unique"

This means that the set of all of your characteristics is different than the set of all the characteristics of any other person.

This does not mean that every single characteristic is different, just that at least one characteristic is different.

Two people both named John can both be unique, despite having equivalent values for the characteristic "First Name".

Uniqueness itself is a single characteristic, as defined above.

It may have two values for a person ('yes, unique', or 'no, not unique')

Everyone has a value of yes for this characteristic, but everyone is still unique through other characteristics.

"Remember you are unique. Just like everyone else."

This reminds me of a puzzle question that shows five diagrams. Four of the five have a distinguishing characteristic. Something that the others do not have. The fifth diagram has no distinguishing characteristic. The puzzle asks: Which of these five is the most different from the others?

The answer is the one that is not different from the others in any distinguishable manner. Except that it is the ONLY one that is not in some manner distinguishable. That fact makes it different from the others!

That is, the others are unique. Just like all the others. Except for this one. That makes this one ... unique. B)):blink:

Isn't it true that if I take any two individuals/groups or combination of I can find both similarities and differences between them?

The proper statement should be 'everybody is unique, everybody is the same' surely?

Edited by solongandty