BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Prologue

It was a very cool evening. The setting sun doesn’t give enough warmth to the places, not even said it was raining too.

Person who rushed to the small town – Awesomville, had no choice but postpone their journey by logging at a small inn near the River of Awesomville.

The business of the inn became extra ordinary good. The little bar was packed with warriors, travelers and tradesmen. By looking at how heavy the rain was, they decided to stay overnight at this inn.

They were chatting while enjoying the beer. The atmosphere in the bar getting noisier and noisier. Nobody realized there was a man quietly sitting at one of the deepest corner. No one saw his face clearly. His big hat, with his head-bowed, portion; looked like he was asleep.

The owner of the inn, who was also the owner of the bar, handed over a big mug of beer to the lonely stranger.

“What a great night, isn’t it?” said the inn-owner.

“I think we have who we are looking for among them. But we will see then. There is still a long way to prove.” The stranger replied, but kept his head bowed.

“Yes, a long way to go.” The owner smiled, looked at the crowd and then moved back to his bar desk.

Soon, the crowd went back to the room they rented, one after one, leaving the owner of the inn, and the mysterious stranger.

The rain got more heavily, but the bar was empty. Finally the stranger stood up, walked to the bar desk and spoke to owner:

“This is the time. Woon, let’s begin!”

Introduction

The sun rays broke the morning as usual. What a beautiful morning, but the people who are going to leave the inn were not enjoying the scenery. They were shocked as the inn was not in the place it should be like yesterday! The inn was in a city instead of near the Awesomville River!

The front gate of the inn started to be crowded by many people. The noise was getting louder and louder until a louder voice sounded:

Every one of you, please move yourself and gathered at the bar!

For some people who still in their rooms, start to walk down to the bar and join the crowd.

In front of them now standing a middle age man who were in a grey robe, holding a staff. After examined all of the people are at the lounge, the man spoke:

“Welcome to the City of Iohoda, the city which is next to the Ivory Castle.

“City of Iohoda? The city that has disappeared for a long time?” the audience got shocked.

Being the guardian of Ivory Castle, we, the citizen in City of Iohoda, always carry out the function of looking someone who is helpful to Ivory Castle. I will make it short, we are looking for a warrior! A great warrior which will be loved by citizen of Ivory Castle, respected by the royal family of Ivory Castle, trusted by the King of Ivory Castle. We believe one of you, deserve all these!

“Ahem,” the man cleared his throat, and continued, “After this, you may dismiss yourself and ask Woon, the owner of this inn, about what can you do in this city. The more you understand the more benefits you gain. All right guys, dismiss!”

A smog screen started saturating around the air, the man then become invisible. He was gone! The audiences were shocked but then they soon accepted that they have entered a place that full with mysteries.

So the audience quickly moved themselves to the bar desk and seek advice from the owner of the inn, woon.

When it was almost at the sun set time, they were all clear with the rules:

“Remember, when we said it is 50% of your HP, it is count from the maximum quota. Which means if your are at level 3, you maximum quota is 60, so you will gain 30 HP or which ever HP lower than 30 but make you back to 60, only if you survive” woon looked at the audience seriously.

“Clear? Then take your weapon and standby,”

The situation at the bar started to become uncontrolled. Warrior start to killing each other! Only 10 warriors remained calm and kept themselves at one corner. They were lucky to do so, because those who involved in that fighting were then killed by each others.

“Rule number 1, only attack when it is night time. I only said standby, not start!” woon shook his head to look at those stupid warriors; he then turned to the 10 survivals:

"Only 10 of the smart ones remained. Let see who are they?"

Iohoda Inn's owner: woon

Player:

1. GC

2. Dms172

3. Raeymond

4. Impervious

5. Izzy

6. Kat

7. ST

8. renan

9. IDNE

10. Riranor

Warrior name:

1. K-T

2. Dominatrix

3. Drakone

4. Legolas

5. Puck

6. Myrddin

7. Anna Mannequin

8. Seraphim

9. Sombral

10. Zuchious

Woon looked at the sky through the window, took a deep breath and then announced. “It is the night 1. Game start!

Players, it is the night 1, you can only have 2 choice:

a. Do training, pay 2 coins and stated how many HP you going to use to do training. Remember, training experience = HP * 0.5.

If you want to choose this option. PM me and state: Training – use HP = # (number)

b. Attack players, decide how many percentage of level 1 attack strength you are going to use (10 – 100%) I will deduct the HP accordingly by referring to the table.

If you want to choose this option, PM me and state: Attack <player’s name>* with level 1 Percentage = #%

* remember it is player’s name not warrior’s name.

Night 1 will be close 36 hours from now. If I have all the PM collected earlier than that, I could do the story faster. :)

Good luck! Warriors!

I'm honestly hoping I had a busy night last night. I believe I am behind in the XP department.

You should see me *shudders*

I'm not that surprised that not a single person died, although slightly dissapointed :P I'm sure it'll be rather hard to kill someone...

You should see me *shudders*

I'm not that surprised that not a single person died, although slightly dissapointed :P I'm sure it'll be rather hard to kill someone...

Well Nick's already dead, so I doubt its that hard ;)

Well Nick's already dead, so I doubt its that hard ;)

Well by coincidence or some other reason, the equal-level warriors pick up each other and attack, hence there isn't many great killing at the end.

Another suggestion. Since night 10, 20 and so on is mainly attacking. Maybe we introduce 2 rounds of fighting? So like once I have post the 1st round result, we are still in the night 10 (2nd part of the night 10) and continue another round of attacking?

But I will only do this if I get Majority of you agree on this.

let me know your opinion.

Well by coincidence or some other reason, the equal-level warriors pick up each other and attack, hence there isn't many great killing at the end.

Another suggestion. Since night 10, 20 and so on is mainly attacking. Maybe we introduce 2 rounds of fighting? So like once I have post the 1st round result, we are still in the night 10 (2nd part of the night 10) and continue another round of attacking?

But I will only do this if I get Majority of you agree on this.

let me know your opinion.

Sounds Great !!! :lol:

Night 10 – First Half Result

Night 10, Part 1

Dominatrix attacked Kat with her whip, Kat survived by using her weapon for defending

K-T attacked Kat with his flying darts, Kat survived by using her weapon for defending

Puck attacked dms172 by punching, spanking, grabbing, dms172 survived by using his weapon for defending

Sombral attacked dms172 by his long sword, dms172 survived by using his weapon for defending

Myrddin attacked Reaymond by using his staff, Reaymond survived by using his weapon for defending

Legolas attacked Reaymond by keep shooting arrows. Reaymond survived by using his weapon for defending

Drakone attacked Kat by turning falling leaves into flying darts, Kat survived by using her weapon for defending

Zuchious attacked ST with his staff, ST survived by using his weapon for defending

Anna attacked Reaymond by summoning water dragon to attack Reaymond. Reaymond survived by using his weapon for defending.

Take it as information or hint:

No one use magical skill for defending in night 10.

In the second half of the night, all 9 warriors took a healthy drink from woon at the inn, boost up 50% of the HP according to their level and walked out from the inn, again, for their second battle in night 10!

Warriors, send me your decision for second half of night 10 now!

Good Luck

Night 10 (Second Half) – “Hi! My name is Seraphim, and you are?”

Hunting Reaymond #1

“Freeze! Reaymond!” Reaymond stopped his action when he heard someone called him. He turned back and noticed it was Drakone.

“Reaymond, for many nights, I choose you as my target, no difference for me in tonight!” Drakone said and immediately released the flying darts!

“No!” Reaymond reacted a little bit slow due to a heavy supper so he couldn’t take out his weapon for defending fast. The darts directly hit his body!

“Yes!” Drakone yelled happily, but the happiness doesn’t last long. Drakone face turn to puzzle when he saw Reaymond unplugging the darts one by one from his body.

“Drakone, you want to know this? My advise, buy a good armor set could help you!” Reaymond laughed and walked away.

Hunting Reaymond #2

“Not so fast! Reaymond!” just Reayomd could hear another voice calling him, 2 arrows just passed by both Reaymond’s ears!

“What the…”Reaymond quickly took out his weapon and armed himself. “Show up yourself! Legolas!”

Legolas walked out slowly from 1 corner, with both his arms enlarging the bow with arrows for another shoot.

“Don’t you think you can shoot me? Don’t be like what Drakone did. Your arrows are just….look different?”

Reaymond then realized this will be a tough one as the arrows were shining bright. He retreated slowly to near where empty wine drums located.

“My arrows? hmm, you know what? It can be better if I have more coins” Legolas released the arrows immediately finished his statement. Reaymond quickly hit the drums upwards. The drums flying up and became a temporary shield between him and Legolas. Within 2 seconds, all the drums dropped on the ground, Reaymond was gone, living some blood stain on the ground.

“That’s impossible!” Legolas yelled!

ST was loitering at the back of the inn after the drink. Her movement paused when something tied on her foot. She squatted down and intended to untie the thing, and noticed it was a whip!

Just before she could react, the whip was pulled, so was ST! She made a few rolls on the ground until she took out her weapon and grind it on the ground to slow down the rolling.

The whip got un-tightened. ST stood up and saw Dominatrx standing in front of her.

“Clever move! ST, if only I use the full strength, I could keep you roll and roll till the hell!”

“Wait until you use full strength next time!” ST stared at her furiously and walked away. No matter how many time Dominatrx wiped the whip to her, ST used her weapon to bounce it back.

Hunting Reaymond #3

Reaymond turned to one of the corner and started running. Running about a few streets far, he finally stopped at one of the abandoned building. He hid himself in the building.

“This should be a safer place for me.” He talked to himself and started checking his left arm that was injured by Legolas.

He then stopped all actions when he heard foot steps walking at the front of the building.

2 flying darts flew and stuck at the wall, just beside where Reaymond body was leaned against.

“That’ was close! How could Drakone attack me for another round!” Reamond walked to the house angrily and intended to lectured Drakone. Then only he realized the third warrior who attack him was K-T!

Before Reaymond could comment anything, 10 to 20s darts released by K-T towards Reaymond. After smashing away few darts by using his weapon, Reaymond began feeling exhausted but then he realized he was able to take the attack from K-T by the aid of his armor. He turned and run towards the bushes area and once again hid from his assassin.

Dms felt thirst even though he just had a drink at the inn. So he walked to the fountain at the center of the city and took some water. He then jumped away immediately seeing the image of Puck standing behind him, from the water.

“Puck, you scared me!” Dms complained

“Yes, scare till you dead!” Puck then started punching and grabbing. Dms retreated and retreated to avoid the attack. Somehow he still suffered some punch but basically he was ok.

Puck stopped after a series of punching. He realized this was not good enough to get Dms killed.

“Go! I need time to think how to kill you in future!” Puck then turned around and walked away.

“I should pray for being what I able to be today, good enough for not being killed by Puck!” Dms calm himself down from the shock of being attack by Puck in near distance.

Hunting Reaymond #4

Reaymond finally found the secret way to walked back to the inn. But in the half way he passed by the stationery shop. He then realized the diary he had now left the last page to be written.

“Damn, I seldom finished my diary so fast! If not because of all these people, who’s attacking me today? Drakone, Legolas, K-T…”

“…and Sombral!” a voice appeared at the back of Reaymond.

Reaymond turned back and saw the flash of the sword approaching to his stomach. He was a bit late to retract but luckily that only a small cut to his clothes.

“I thought I could get you killed!” Sombral holding the sword and said.

Reaymond patted his stomach and said, “What do you think the armor should be used for? Decorating?”

Sombral made a few more attacks but was repelled by Reaymond’s weapon.

“Good move, Sombral, but see you some other night!” Reaymond tapped his chest twice by his fist and run away.

ST inspected her leg which was tied by Dominatrix’s whip just now. Luckily the armor set she was wearing protect her from being serious injured.

Suddenly, she felt something coming down from her top. She quickly rolled away and stood up, “Whoever you are! I would like to tell you that I hate rolling!”

“Sorry, I can help you from stop rolling, by killing you!” Zuchious rushed towards ST and smashed her with the staff. ST defended with her weapon. Both fight greatly with their weapon hitting each other.

“Looks like I can’t killed you tonight!” Zuchious stopped attacking and sighed. “Anyway, you are a great target so far I have met!” Zuchious left.

Kat reached the place where someone asked her to go. She found the person was there already.

“You are late, kat!” said Anna.

“I knew, but at least I came.” Kat replied.

“Don’t you feel scare?” asked Anna,

“Why should I? You still can track where I am, no matter how I hide, can’t you?”

“Good, so let’s fight! A……que…..ous ” Anna summoned 2 10-feet water dragons to attack Kat. Surprisingly, both 10 feet dragon shrunk to 5 feet each.

“How could this be? Ah! So you are a black magic warrior!” Anna realized. “But I think 5 feet dragons should be good enough to attack you. Dragons, attack!”

2 dragons flew towards Kat, Kat took out her staff and tried to hit them for defending. Some how she couldn’t last long, her strength got weaken soon. She was then captured by the 2 dragons and trap into a water cube when 2 dragons turned themselves into that water cube.

Anna, confidently spoke, “Someone has to be my target, its just your luck to be in my first choice. Don’t blame, kat! Oops, should I said Mr Mryddin?”

Anna stabbed kat with her sword. It was clearly seen that a black color stream was flowing from Kat’s body to Anna. Soon Kat’s collapsed. The water cube disappeared. Anna took Kat’s all belonging and walked back to the inn.

After a while, the spirit of Seraphim passed by. He looked at Kat, and started to spoke when Kat opened her eyes “Hi, I am Seraphim, and you are…? By the way, like to have some ghost popcorns?”

Night 10 was totally ends. 1 more warrior got killed.

Others regain your HP accordingly to your level.

Owner to the inn: woon

Player:

1. GC

2. Dms172

3. Raeymond

4. Impervious (Seraphim)

5. SomeGuy

6. Kat (Myrddin)

7. ST

8. renan

9. IDNE

10. Riranor

I will send your individual PM in 2 hours later.

Oh that's not fair! I didn't even get to send in my action for the second part! >.< Oh well...hey Impervious, want some popcorn? :3

<(^-^)>

Are you going to post your Warrior Pic? :)

Oh that's not fair! I didn't even get to send in my action for the second part! >.< Oh well...hey Impervious, want some popcorn? :3

<(^-^)>

I am truly sorry Kat, but in fact 'Anna' send me the post much much early among the players. I just put it at the last in the story.

Thanks for playing, Kat. It is always good to have you with us. :)

I am truly sorry Kat, but in fact 'Anna' send me the post much much early among the players. I just put it at the last in the story.

Thanks for playing, Kat. It is always good to have you with us. :)

So... day action?

Sorry to see you go so soon, Kat. I was really hoping to fight you later on in the game :P

Looks like reay is the prime target for tonight :P I should've attaked reay too...maybe that'll kill him :D