BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Prologue

It was a very cool evening. The setting sun doesn’t give enough warmth to the places, not even said it was raining too.

Person who rushed to the small town – Awesomville, had no choice but postpone their journey by logging at a small inn near the River of Awesomville.

The business of the inn became extra ordinary good. The little bar was packed with warriors, travelers and tradesmen. By looking at how heavy the rain was, they decided to stay overnight at this inn.

They were chatting while enjoying the beer. The atmosphere in the bar getting noisier and noisier. Nobody realized there was a man quietly sitting at one of the deepest corner. No one saw his face clearly. His big hat, with his head-bowed, portion; looked like he was asleep.

The owner of the inn, who was also the owner of the bar, handed over a big mug of beer to the lonely stranger.

“What a great night, isn’t it?” said the inn-owner.

“I think we have who we are looking for among them. But we will see then. There is still a long way to prove.” The stranger replied, but kept his head bowed.

“Yes, a long way to go.” The owner smiled, looked at the crowd and then moved back to his bar desk.

Soon, the crowd went back to the room they rented, one after one, leaving the owner of the inn, and the mysterious stranger.

The rain got more heavily, but the bar was empty. Finally the stranger stood up, walked to the bar desk and spoke to owner:

“This is the time. Woon, let’s begin!”

Introduction

The sun rays broke the morning as usual. What a beautiful morning, but the people who are going to leave the inn were not enjoying the scenery. They were shocked as the inn was not in the place it should be like yesterday! The inn was in a city instead of near the Awesomville River!

The front gate of the inn started to be crowded by many people. The noise was getting louder and louder until a louder voice sounded:

Every one of you, please move yourself and gathered at the bar!

For some people who still in their rooms, start to walk down to the bar and join the crowd.

In front of them now standing a middle age man who were in a grey robe, holding a staff. After examined all of the people are at the lounge, the man spoke:

“Welcome to the City of Iohoda, the city which is next to the Ivory Castle.

“City of Iohoda? The city that has disappeared for a long time?” the audience got shocked.

Being the guardian of Ivory Castle, we, the citizen in City of Iohoda, always carry out the function of looking someone who is helpful to Ivory Castle. I will make it short, we are looking for a warrior! A great warrior which will be loved by citizen of Ivory Castle, respected by the royal family of Ivory Castle, trusted by the King of Ivory Castle. We believe one of you, deserve all these!

“Ahem,” the man cleared his throat, and continued, “After this, you may dismiss yourself and ask Woon, the owner of this inn, about what can you do in this city. The more you understand the more benefits you gain. All right guys, dismiss!”

A smog screen started saturating around the air, the man then become invisible. He was gone! The audiences were shocked but then they soon accepted that they have entered a place that full with mysteries.

So the audience quickly moved themselves to the bar desk and seek advice from the owner of the inn, woon.

When it was almost at the sun set time, they were all clear with the rules:

“Remember, when we said it is 50% of your HP, it is count from the maximum quota. Which means if your are at level 3, you maximum quota is 60, so you will gain 30 HP or which ever HP lower than 30 but make you back to 60, only if you survive” woon looked at the audience seriously.

“Clear? Then take your weapon and standby,”

The situation at the bar started to become uncontrolled. Warrior start to killing each other! Only 10 warriors remained calm and kept themselves at one corner. They were lucky to do so, because those who involved in that fighting were then killed by each others.

“Rule number 1, only attack when it is night time. I only said standby, not start!” woon shook his head to look at those stupid warriors; he then turned to the 10 survivals:

"Only 10 of the smart ones remained. Let see who are they?"

Iohoda Inn's owner: woon

Player:

1. GC

2. Dms172

3. Raeymond

4. Impervious

5. Izzy

6. Kat

7. ST

8. renan

9. IDNE

10. Riranor

Warrior name:

1. K-T

2. Dominatrix

3. Drakone

4. Legolas

5. Puck

6. Myrddin

7. Anna Mannequin

8. Seraphim

9. Sombral

10. Zuchious

Woon looked at the sky through the window, took a deep breath and then announced. “It is the night 1. Game start!

Players, it is the night 1, you can only have 2 choice:

a. Do training, pay 2 coins and stated how many HP you going to use to do training. Remember, training experience = HP * 0.5.

If you want to choose this option. PM me and state: Training – use HP = # (number)

b. Attack players, decide how many percentage of level 1 attack strength you are going to use (10 – 100%) I will deduct the HP accordingly by referring to the table.

If you want to choose this option, PM me and state: Attack <player’s name>* with level 1 Percentage = #%

* remember it is player’s name not warrior’s name.

Night 1 will be close 36 hours from now. If I have all the PM collected earlier than that, I could do the story faster. :)

Good luck! Warriors!

Day 8– Result

Some new scenes:

Treasure Fairy felt relieved when she saw Sombral near her. “Sombral, it is good to see you here. I need a favor from you. Remember my brother who stay at the north? He is going to battle with a evil eagle in any of the recent night. Go and help him once if you could. I will reward you!”

Sombral put his right hand on his chest and swore, “ Leave it to me, madam!”

The rich man told Puck, “Puck, I have another trouble. My textile factory newly produced a batch of clothes. However, we have some problem in the dye material. The color won’t mix well. I knew there is a blue color herbs, grows beside Silent River, able to help to solve this problem. Go and get 2 bunches of these herbs to me. I pay you greatly by doing this. Oh yes, do you know where is called Silent River? No one ever dare to near there. It is the haven of the crocodiles!”

In Day 8:

Magical Warrior visited by Drakone, Anna, Myrddin,

Treasure Fairy visited by Sombral, Legolas, Dominatrix, Zuchious

Trade Man visited by K-T

Experience Traveler visited by Anna, K-T, Legolas, Sombral, Dominatrix

Boring Rich Man visited by Puck, Zuchious, Drakone,

Apprenticed Wizard visited by Myrddin, Puck

Night 9 starts, send me your PM.

Good luck

Night 9 - Notice

While the night 9 still going on, someone notice there was a new notice pasted at the inn notice board:

Dear Warriors,

As you are new here, we would like to inform you that while there are 7 days to form a week in your world, in Iohoda City, we have 10 nights to form a week!

and at the weekend (night 10, 20, 30, etc) no one is allowed to going in or out from the city. The training Arena will be closed at the night.

Please take note.

The keeper of Iohoda City.

Warriors looked among themselves, "Means what?"

woon explained "It means that the only thing you can do will be attack each other for night 10, 20, 30 and so on!"

Good Luck

Well in some other days, some players are training at the Training arena, hence other couldn't get them. But in night 10, arena is closed. You can't hide yourself in the arena on that night.

Some using the special ability for being transparent. But Special abilities from Aprenticed Wizard will be ineffective in that night.

And since all the entrance in or out from Iohoda are closed. You can't perform your mission. Basically what you can do in night 10, 20, 30 and so on is:

Choose a player and attack!

:o

Well in some other days, some players are training at the Training arena, hence other couldn't get them. But in night 10, arena is closed. You can't hide yourself in the arena on that night.

Some using the special ability for being transparent. But Special abilities from Aprenticed Wizard will be ineffective in that night.

And since all the entrance in or out from Iohoda are closed. You can't perform your mission. Basically what you can do in night 10, 20, 30 and so on is:

Choose a player and attack!

:o

Woo, some hardcore full on battles :D

When does the night end?

Woo, some hardcore full on battles :D

When does the night end?

I am writing the night 9 results. Then we move to Day 9, a very important day for you to prepare cause after that, you all have to face a tough battle.

So be wise to choose who you want to meet in Day 9 then.

Night 9 Result – All Showed Up!

Puck reached the Silent River at the midnight. It was so quiet. So much so he could hear his heart beat, and some noise of something dragging on the ground. Puck held his breath. He afraid the moment he turn back he would see thousands of crocodile. But how lucky he was, he only met one!

Not really big. But its tail was really long! Puck has no time to measure how long it was because it was swing all the way to Puck! Puck jumped high enough to escape from its tail attack. But the moment Puck is going to land on the ground, the crocodile positioned itself so it mouth was directly where Puck would drop. Puck remained calm, he aimed where the upper jaw of the crocodile and grabbed it with his both arm. The crocodile intended to close its mouth to bite the arms. Puck let go and sit directly on the back of the crocodile.

“Sorry dude, it was exciting but all these should end now!” Puck then screamed and punched heavily on the crocodile’s head. With the weapon he was enhancing, the punch penetrated through the skin and got the crocodile killed!

Puck came down from the dead crocodile back. Moved to where the herbs growing and plugged 2 bunches off for the rich man. When he turned back, he saw many crocodile moved to him. He knew he couldn’t attack so many in the same time. He quickly peeled off the dead crocodile skin and torn the flesh apart and threw them to the other crocodiles. They fight among themselves for the food and left Puck leaving the place safely, with the herbs and crocodile leather.

When he handed the herbs to the rich man, the rich man noticed the crocodile leather he brought along and said, “Sell it to the trade man, you could have some income beside my reward for you!”

Grey cells steadily walked to one direction. His journey was then stopped by K-T.

“I choose you! GC!” K-T warned.

“Mistake! You have made a big mistake!” GC ignored and continued his journey.

“Oh ya? So take this!” K-T then released flying darts in amount of more than twenty!

GC waved his hand and somehow the darts were dropping to the grounds when they near GC. There was something making this happened. But K-T didn’t see clearly what it was!

GC smiled to K-T, “I told you, you can’t killed me!” and left.

“Maybe not now, but one day, you better watch out! GC!” K-T shouted

Sombral and Dominatrix reached the house of TF’s brother at the same time.

Sombral: you come for offering the aid?

Dominatrix: yes, so are you?

Sombral nodded his head. “We better be quick, he must have some tough time now!”

They went and search for the brother of the treasure fairy and found him somewhere near his house and fighting with 3 eagles!

“Sir, we come and help you!” Dominatrix ran towards him and shouted.

“Good! Let’s take one each!”

Dominatrix moved herself near to one of the eagle. The eagle noticed there were new comers. It flew in a circle and rushed down to Dominatrix. Dominatrix crouched herself so the eagle missed the first attack. While the eagle flew back to the sky, Dominatrix quickly stood up and wiped her whip to tighten the eagle craws. The eagle couldn’t move any further but have to follow the direction how Dominatrix swung the whip. At the end, the eagle dead when it’s head hit the trunk of one of the tree.

Dominatrix then rushed to join Sombral and TF’s brother. She was at the right time to saw Sombral slaughtered the eagle he fought. And the eagle that attacking TF’s brother was also been killed.

What make Sombral and Dominatrix shocked was the eagles where turn transformed to human body. TF’s brother then explained, “There were some apprenticed wizards who didn’t pratice their skill at the proper manners. After certain stage, they will transform to eagle everyone and attack victims. Only if they have some flesh, or else they will remain as an eagle.”

“So there are 3 bad wizard here only?” Sombral asked. The fairy then shook his head. “More than that, these 3 knew I am tracking them so they decided to killed me.”

“Do you need us tomorrow night? We could come over again.” Dominatrix volunteered herself.

The male fairy then laughed, “You can’t go out from the city tomorrow night. Go and check the notice board when you back to the inn. After all, my sister will continue send warriors to help me.”

Then they heard a voice shouting, “Sir, are you the brother of the treasure fairy? She asked me to look for you!” It was Zuchious who running towards them.

“Sorry warriors, we have killed the eagles we had tonight. You were late!” the fairy said.

“Eagle? I don’t know anything about eagle. I came here for sending a bag to you.”

“A bag! Zuchious, it is night 9 and now only you carried out the first fairy’s mission?” Dominatrix shocked.

“So what? Am I not allowed to do so?” Zuchious challenged back.

“Of coarse you could. Now 3 of you, lets go back to my house and I serve you some tea,” said the male fairy.

“Good, I was really thirsty especially after a great battle to killed a bandit!” said Zuchious.

“Reaymond? Is that you?” Reaymond got stunned when he heard someone called his name.

“Who are you? Impervious again?” Reaymond start looked panic.

“Nope, it is me, Drakone!”

Reaymond look at the source of the sound and found there was about 8 flying darts on their way to Reaymond! “What the…” He quickly repelled them away by using his weapon.

“8 was too little, Drakone! Try to draw more!” Reaymond teased.

“You mean like this?” Drakone showed up and very soon the image of him was blurred due to 18 flying darts flying around.

“That’s too much!” Reaymond defend but received some minor injuries.

“Here comes 28 darts!” Drakone warned. But at this moment, a secret warrior grabbed Reaymond hand and shouted “This way, Reaymond!” Both of them then escape from Drakone’s attack.

Legolas knocked TF’s aunt door and waited. The door opened and Legolas start singing “Happy Birthday to you, Happy …. “ he then stopped when he saw Anna laughing sweetly in the house. She was sitting beside a desk, with a cake on it.

“Another cake? My cute niece! How many cake she plan to send to me?” aunt started nagging.

Legolas handed the cake to her and explained “Well, maybe she afraid other warrior cannot be trusted.”

Anna then look at him with an innocent look, “You mean like me?”

“Let me guess, a cake with a crystal bead decorated on the top! Bingo!” the moment the aunt opened the box of the cake, she start nagging. She then took the bead away from the cake and passed to Legolas. “Nah, take this. She also just took her share!” the aunt pointed to Anna.

Legolas took a polite bow and intended to leave. The aunt stopped him. “Hasn’t you just met a battle with a robber? Like what this lady does?”

Legolas nodded his head but didn’t understand why she asked this question.

“Don’t you feel hungry?” The aunt asked.

Legolas touched his stomach and smiled.

The aunt pulled his hand and said, “Come in, help me to finish the 2 cakes! After all what else could be the happiest thing, beside enjoy cakes with 2 pretty ladies?”

The mysterious man and Reaymond finally stopped running after reached to one of the corner of the street.

Reaymond panted, “I think Drakone won’t able to find us now. Thanks for your help.”

“You welcome,” the warrior smiled but very soon an action he did make Reaymond stunned.

“You… your staff….is choking ..my….my…neck…. Who….are…..you …act…actually? My….my…neck…” Reaymond could not speak fluently.

“No my my neck! It’s me, Myrddin!” Myrddin then kicked Reaymond stomach.

“Ouch!” Reaymond bent down due to the pain but this also mean his neck was no longing been choked by Myrddin’s staff. Reaymond quickly took out his weapon and intend to attack Myrddin. Myrddin bounced a few back steps to avoid the hit. A nice and good enough distance for Reaymond to hit some pottery nearby to Myrddin and ran away.

“I hate this, got to write down someone names in my diary book again!” Reaymond rushed to the inn.

Woon was cleaning the glasses at the bar desk. He then felt someone breathing behind him.

Woon continue doing his job and asked, “Why no target? Seraphim?”

Impervious replied, “Well, I would like to give them a peaceful night 9 since they are facing a great battle tomorrow night!”

Woon looked at him and laughed, “Hoo! Nice ghost! Nice enough to help me wash those glasses?”

“Ah! Fat hope!” Impervious faded again in the air.

Night 9 ends. Again no one get killed.

Regain your HP accordingly to your level.

Owner to the inn: woon

Player:

1. GC

2. Dms172

3. Raeymond

4. Impervious (Seraphim)

5. SomeGuy

6. Kat

7. ST

8. renan

9. IDNE

10. Riranor

Day 9

Below are the 6 NPC:

NPC A: I have banana cakes and orange muffins sold here. Would you like to buy some?

NPC B: Try to deposit some coins to that shop. I heard they offered interest.

NPC C: You played Alpha Century too? I still prefer Civilization!

NPC D: Tetrahedron? You mean the join of 2 pyramids? Never hear that before?

NPC E: Roman was not build in a day. But you could speed up with civil engineer! :D

NPC F: Beside the Silent River and Howling Cliff, there are some more mysterious place around Iohoda city, like the Sandy Urban.

Warriors, make your 2 choices!

For those who want to do trading, straight away name what you want to buy or sell.

Remember, whatever special ability you received tonight will not be effective. It will carried over to night 11.

Good luck. This is considered as your last preparation before you great battle in night 10.

Day 9– Result

The new scene:

The Rich Man brought Puck to somewhere on the way to the Dark Forest at the east. There was a strange building being constructed there.

“Puck, help me, my construction is almost near the completion. I am afraid my rival will send people to sabotage my project. Will you stay guard at here for a night?”

Puck answered confidently, “No problem, I will do it tonight!”

The rich man then shook his head, “No Puck, not tonight. No one will suppose to go out in night 10. And also don’t forget, you will need to prepare yourself for tonight great battle! No go back and rest!”

In Day 9:

Magical Warrior visited by Legolas, Myrddin, Drakone, Dominatrix,

Treasure Fairy visited by Anna, Puck

Trade Man visited by K-T, Zuchious, Dominatrix, Sombral,

Experience Traveler visited by Sombral, Legolas, Zuchious,

Boring Rich Man visited by Puck, Anna, Drakone

Apprenticed Wizard visited by Myrddin, K-T

Wait for my announcement of Night 10 start later.

Night 10 - Great Battle

Ok, that's all you can do in Night 10: Pick a player name that you wish to attack him/her. Remember to state the important 2 things:

1) The percentage of attacking: that's 10%, 20%, 30%,..... 90% or 100%?

2) The attack type: physical or magical?

Ok, I annouce Night 10 start!

Warriors, send me your PM.

Good Luck!

Yes, all in. I think the result may make everyone disappointed. No one get killed!

<_<

not a single one?

Ok, lets see this post. Then Ill make a proposal here and lets finish this game before night 20.