BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

Prologue

It was a very cool evening. The setting sun doesn’t give enough warmth to the places, not even said it was raining too.

Person who rushed to the small town – Awesomville, had no choice but postpone their journey by logging at a small inn near the River of Awesomville.

The business of the inn became extra ordinary good. The little bar was packed with warriors, travelers and tradesmen. By looking at how heavy the rain was, they decided to stay overnight at this inn.

They were chatting while enjoying the beer. The atmosphere in the bar getting noisier and noisier. Nobody realized there was a man quietly sitting at one of the deepest corner. No one saw his face clearly. His big hat, with his head-bowed, portion; looked like he was asleep.

The owner of the inn, who was also the owner of the bar, handed over a big mug of beer to the lonely stranger.

“What a great night, isn’t it?” said the inn-owner.

“I think we have who we are looking for among them. But we will see then. There is still a long way to prove.” The stranger replied, but kept his head bowed.

“Yes, a long way to go.” The owner smiled, looked at the crowd and then moved back to his bar desk.

Soon, the crowd went back to the room they rented, one after one, leaving the owner of the inn, and the mysterious stranger.

The rain got more heavily, but the bar was empty. Finally the stranger stood up, walked to the bar desk and spoke to owner:

“This is the time. Woon, let’s begin!”

Introduction

The sun rays broke the morning as usual. What a beautiful morning, but the people who are going to leave the inn were not enjoying the scenery. They were shocked as the inn was not in the place it should be like yesterday! The inn was in a city instead of near the Awesomville River!

The front gate of the inn started to be crowded by many people. The noise was getting louder and louder until a louder voice sounded:

Every one of you, please move yourself and gathered at the bar!

For some people who still in their rooms, start to walk down to the bar and join the crowd.

In front of them now standing a middle age man who were in a grey robe, holding a staff. After examined all of the people are at the lounge, the man spoke:

“Welcome to the City of Iohoda, the city which is next to the Ivory Castle.

“City of Iohoda? The city that has disappeared for a long time?” the audience got shocked.

Being the guardian of Ivory Castle, we, the citizen in City of Iohoda, always carry out the function of looking someone who is helpful to Ivory Castle. I will make it short, we are looking for a warrior! A great warrior which will be loved by citizen of Ivory Castle, respected by the royal family of Ivory Castle, trusted by the King of Ivory Castle. We believe one of you, deserve all these!

“Ahem,” the man cleared his throat, and continued, “After this, you may dismiss yourself and ask Woon, the owner of this inn, about what can you do in this city. The more you understand the more benefits you gain. All right guys, dismiss!”

A smog screen started saturating around the air, the man then become invisible. He was gone! The audiences were shocked but then they soon accepted that they have entered a place that full with mysteries.

So the audience quickly moved themselves to the bar desk and seek advice from the owner of the inn, woon.

When it was almost at the sun set time, they were all clear with the rules:

“Remember, when we said it is 50% of your HP, it is count from the maximum quota. Which means if your are at level 3, you maximum quota is 60, so you will gain 30 HP or which ever HP lower than 30 but make you back to 60, only if you survive” woon looked at the audience seriously.

“Clear? Then take your weapon and standby,”

The situation at the bar started to become uncontrolled. Warrior start to killing each other! Only 10 warriors remained calm and kept themselves at one corner. They were lucky to do so, because those who involved in that fighting were then killed by each others.

“Rule number 1, only attack when it is night time. I only said standby, not start!” woon shook his head to look at those stupid warriors; he then turned to the 10 survivals:

"Only 10 of the smart ones remained. Let see who are they?"

Iohoda Inn's owner: woon

Player:

1. GC

2. Dms172

3. Raeymond

4. Impervious

5. Izzy

6. Kat

7. ST

8. renan

9. IDNE

10. Riranor

Warrior name:

1. K-T

2. Dominatrix

3. Drakone

4. Legolas

5. Puck

6. Myrddin

7. Anna Mannequin

8. Seraphim

9. Sombral

10. Zuchious

Woon looked at the sky through the window, took a deep breath and then announced. “It is the night 1. Game start!

Players, it is the night 1, you can only have 2 choice:

a. Do training, pay 2 coins and stated how many HP you going to use to do training. Remember, training experience = HP * 0.5.

If you want to choose this option. PM me and state: Training – use HP = # (number)

b. Attack players, decide how many percentage of level 1 attack strength you are going to use (10 – 100%) I will deduct the HP accordingly by referring to the table.

If you want to choose this option, PM me and state: Attack <player’s name>* with level 1 Percentage = #%

* remember it is player’s name not warrior’s name.

Night 1 will be close 36 hours from now. If I have all the PM collected earlier than that, I could do the story faster. :)

Good luck! Warriors!

*stared at picture for the last 20 minutes* *no comment*

*finally regains voice, I mean...typing ability :huh: * Nice job, Impy! You really capture reay's essence (jks, jks, fish boy ;) )

Edited by star_tiger

post-10171-1234473053.png

fishboy

edit: if anyone wants to, PM me with your character's description and I'll attempt to create him/her for you.

JKS! XD That's awesome Impervious...I think I'll send you a description...none of my drawings could look like that o.O

<(^-^)>

Day 5 – Result

Some new scenes:

K-T came to the magical warrior, as what used to do everyday. Magical warrior smiled and whispered to him about a big secret.

K-T eyes turned big and then showed a big smile.

“Now you have known about it. Try to find more! Good luck, child!” said the magical warrior

The rich man looked at Puck and start asking, “My wife wishes to have a taste of special melon that we grow at the north. It is special melon if you found there are red stripes on the skin. I don’t have many at the farm. Moreover, there are pythons showing up always. If you able to find me a red-stripes melon, I will reward you great!”

The apprenticed wizard grabbed Myrddin hands firmly. “Young warrior! I couldn’t express my appreciation in words but I really touched when you see me that often. Casting spell more on you make my skill improved. Do you know what, for you, I am able to … (check your PM)

In Day 5:

Magical Warrior visited by Zuchious, Myrddin, K-T, Dominatrix, Sombral,

Treasure Fairy visited by Legolas, Anna,

Trade Man visited by Dominatrix, Zuchious,

Experience Traveler visited by Puck, Sombral, K-T

Boring Rich Man visited by Anna, Drakone, Puck, Legolas,

Apprenticed Wizard visited by Myrddin, Drakone

OK, day 5 ends and Night 6 starts!

Remember:

Magical Warriors! Please specify the type of training or attacking you are going to use (Magical or Physical) Otherwise I will treat you are using physical type.

Mission taker! If you are going to perform the mission, please PM me also how many HP you are going to use for attacking your challengers.

Good Luck

Night 6 Result – Invisible Man

Reaymond afraid of being the target for other warriors, so he went to have his dinner very early, so he could go back to his room. But not matter how fast he walked, the inn seemed to be so far away from him.

“What’s happening? I swear I remember the way back to the inn!” Reaymond kept looking around to find any buildings familiar to him.

“He~~~llo~~~~~!” A sound with eco surrounded the area where Reaymond stood.

“Who’s that?” Reaymond tried to stay calm.

“Over here!” suddenly the eco gone and Reaymond could recognize where the source of the sounds. Reaymond walked to the source.

Suddenly smog showed up around him. Reaymond felt his shoulder was heavy and something was knocking his head.

“Go away, whoever you are!” Reaymond. The smog then disappered. Reaymond saw something being invisible writing some words on the ground.

IS

ME

“Is me? Who are you actually?”

Then that’s more words written on the ground. The whole words actually show

IS

ME

PR

EA

RP

VH

II

OM

U

S

“Imp? Seraphim? AH~~~~Ghost!~~~~” Reaymond ran away!

Seraphim was slowly showing himself. “Strange boy. He can accept Fairy and Wizard in Iohoda city, but not ghost? Sigh~” Once again, Seraphim disappeared in the dark.

Anna happily looked back to the bandit, who is drowned by the tidal wave. The water very soon disappeared; Anna continued her way to the north to complete her mission.

“Where are you?” Dominatrix angrily make a few stroke on the ground by using her whip. “Show up yourself?”

Zuchious then walked slowly towards her. “You mean me?”

Dominatrix shook her head. “Nope, I mean I am looking for …” Dominatrix spoke a name.

“You looking for her too? So do I” Drakone showed up at the back of Zuchious and Dominatrix.

“Where can this fellow been?” Dominatrix.

“I am looking for different person than who you looking for. But seems like they can’t be track tonight.” Zuchious look at them and sighed.

Puck search at the farm to look for the red stripes melon. It’s true like what the rich man said. There was no easy to find especially for the red stripes one! After an hour, Puck finally saw some red stripes.

“There you are,” Puck quickly grapped the object. To his surprise, the object felt slippery. It’s not the melon. It’s red stripes python!

“Oh my …” Puck immediately leaped away. The python open its mouth widely and showed the fangs. It then leaped the whole body towards Puck, intended to roll Puck up!

Puck action was fast. He grabbed the head and the tail by each hand and stretched it. The python very soon torn into parts by Puck!

Puck wiped away the blood stain on his face and continued searching for the melon. Finally he found one where the bottom part of the melon was covered under the soil. Puck dig it out bare handed, noticed there was a shining blue color object.

“Isn’t this… the crystal bead?” Puck asked.

“Take these! Riranor!” K-T warned Riranor before he released the flying darts!

“How many night you hunting me? What have I done actually to make you hate me so much?” Riranor took a wooden board beside him as the shield. All the darts stuck on the board!

“You did nothing for me to hate you except one! You are the warrior, and I have to kill you for me to become the only warrior here!” K-T continues discharged some more darts.

“As you wish, Mr K-T, but you won’t get me down so easy” Riranor threw the board towards K-T face and hid into one of the junctions. But still, Riranor suffer a few big cuts from the darts!

“Dang! I should throw them faster and harder!” K-T screamed.

“Sir, I am scared!” the little girl leaned to Legolas tight as she saw the wild dog approaching them.

“Need not worry, I know how to handle it!” Legolas calmed the girl down.

“But it is coming! Look up, it jumped to us! Ah~” the little girl closed her eyes by instinct. The surrounding became so quiet the moment she closed her eyes. Later she realized she heard the dog screaming. By the time she opened her eyes. She saw the dog lying dead on the ground, with a stone made arrow on its head.

She looked at Legolas. Legolas gave her a warm smile. “Didn’t I say need no worry? I swear to send you home safely. I mean it!” They continued walked into the Dark Forest.

Reaymond felt so happy when he found his way back to the inn. Just one more step to enter to the inn, he felt he was smashed by something at his back. He fell down. Before he could stand up, he was pulled backward out from the inn.

“Let me go!” He couldn’t see who did this to him. What he knew is he was dragged to few streets away from the inn.

The dragging finally stopped. He stood up and looked around. No one near him. “May I …. “ before he could finished his questions, his stomach was hit by some objects. “Ouch!”

Reaymond had no choice but took out his weapon to swing around. He kept swing and turning 360 degree around him. He did not know how to protect efficiently. He just knew he had to protect himself by doing so!

He continued doing so until the sun rise! “Impervious, is that you again?”

“It wasn’t me! I am supposed to disturb only once per night!” A voice heard, before the **** start crowing.

Ok, night 6 ends. No one gets killed. Regain your HP accordingly to your level.

Owner to the inn: woon

Player:

1. GC

2. Dms172

3. Raeymond

4. Impervious (Seraphim)

5. SomeGuy

6. Kat

7. ST

8. renan

9. IDNE

10. Riranor

Day 6

Below are the 6 NPC:

NPC A: Don’t try to fool me! I may get drunk, but I still know this is a donkey, not a horse!

NPC B: Fruits are good for health, Apple, Apricot, Banana, Orange, etc.

NPC C: You are interest to open a stall here? First you need to apply a license.

NPC D: Old mad Donald have a …. Wait, mad or man? Never mind, and on his farm he has some ….. eh…. Some what, cow? Turkey? Hen? Uh! Whatever!

NPC E: I recognize this species of wood! This is a good type for making yacht!

NPC F: She sells seashell at the sea shore! Who is she? Don’t ask me!

Warriors, make your 2 choices!

For those who want to do trading, straight away name what you want to buy or sell.

For those who will meet the Magical warrior second time, speak the element or color you want to be.

Good luck.

PM for Night 7! Starts!

OK, while waiting for me to post the day 6 result. I have pm your all the info you should know. So, Night 7 starts!

You can send me your PM NOW.

And Imp, make your choice tonight. :D

Edited by woon

Day 6 – Result

Some new scenes:

Before Puck started to speak, the rich man already knew he was coming by listening to his footsteps. “Puck! My royal friend! I am just thinking of you and hope you could help me on this!”

Puck showed his both fist, “I am ready!”

“It’s my daughter. Her birthday is coming. I promised her to present her a golden rose, which only grows at the Howling Cliff, at the north-west of Iohoda. You know why is called Howling Cliff? Groups of wolves staying there. Beware!”

Puck nodded his head and tell the rich man, “I never fail you, sir!”

K-T took a bow to the experience traveler. The experience traveler blessed him some extra experiences. After the blessing, the experience traveler spoken, “Did you know something? It is regarding to the password…”

Dominatrix tried her luck one more time at the trade man. The trade man nodded his head and presented her a yellow potion.

“Thanks for visiting me.” The trade man appreciated.

In Day 6:

Magical Warrior visited by Legalas, Zuchious, Anna, Myrddin, Drakone, Sombral,

Treasure Fairy visited by No one.

Trade Man visited by K-T, Dominatrix,

Experience Traveler visited by Sombral, K-T, Legolas, Puck

Boring Rich Man visited by Anna, Puck, Domnatrix,

Apprenticed Wizard visited by Myrddin, Drakone, Zuchious

Right now, we still have kat and riranor yet to send me the PM for night 7. :)

Night 7 Result – Wasteful Night

Legolas rested himself at a branch of a tree that near the well. He closed his eyes, but his ears listened. The rich man’s rival was on his way!

The arrow that Legolas released just drop exactly 1 inch away from the rival’s right foot. The man looked around and continued walked towards the well.

Just on his way to took out the bottle and unplugged the stopper, another arrow injured his arm. The bottle of poison dropped on the ground, but not broken.

“Who’s that?” the man got annoyed and yelled to all the direction.

“Legolas, the warrior who ends your life tonight.” The man turned his face to the direction where the voice came from. What he saw was the speedy arrow shooting directly to his forehead!

Legolas jumped from the tree, inhaled and exhaled deeply, and said, “Job done!”

IDNE walked to his destination. But somehow the roads did not seem right. “I remember this should be the way to there, how come…?”

“YoooHoooo…….”

“Who’s that?” IDNE looked around and asked.

“Who’s that?” the voice echoed.

“It’s me, I do not exist!” IDNE replied.

“Nope, you are not. I am the right one, I do not exist!” said the strange voice.

“Why do you mean you do not exist? That’s only 1 person has this name, and that’s me!”

“Oops, so that’s your name. I though it is a statement.”

“What do you mean?” IDNE puzzled.

“As a true statement, because I DO NOT EXIST!” suddenly a head appeared on the air without the trunk and limbs.

“Ghost!” IDNE started screaming and throwing things to the head. But all penetrated through the head.

“Enough for tonight! See you some other nights! Muhahahaha!” the head then faded away.

Dominatrix greeted to Anna when she reached the farm and saw Anna. No many female warrior left but they seldom speak to each other. Even though there were only 2 of them at this farm, they still keep some distance between each other.

Dominatrix heard the squeaking sound at her behind. She didn’t turn back. Instead, she just swing the whip backwards. It did hit the big mouse!

The big mouse jumped over Dominatrix and attacked her from the front. Dominatrix made a circle defend around her by the whip. The big mouse got no way to attack her. Dominatrix kept spinning the whip until suddenly she stroke the whip to the mouse faster than it could expected. The big mouse died on the spot.

Meanwhile Anna pointed her sword towards the sky and cast, “A~~~~~que~~~~~ous!” The clouds suddenly gathered and it started raining. And it just rain on the big mouse that was attacking Anna. The mouse kept running away from the rain, but the crowd followed. The rain got heavier and heavier. The place where the mouse landed start collapsing and became a big hole. The rain continued to make the hole become a pond, and the mouse drowned.

“So this is the Howling Cliff.” Puck looked at the cliff from far. It did look like wolf that was howling. At the tips of the cliff, it looked green. That’s where the plants of golden roses grow. Puck moved forward to the cliff.

Puck soon discovered there was a pair of eyes watching him. Puck exercised his fingers and prepared himself. He felt the wolf were at his back closely. He turned back and give the wolf a punch. But there were no any wolf there. He turn looked up and saw a pair of eyes floating in the air.

“Who are you?” Puck nervous but kept reminding himself staying calm. He had no problem to fight for any beast or monsters, but not for object that he couldn’t imagine.”

The eyes blinked, then another moon shape object shown below the pair of eyes. It’s smiling!

“What the…” Puck closed his eyes and kept punching the air. “Stop disturbing me! Please!”

“Puh!” Finally Puck punched something, the things lying down at the ground. By the time Puck open his eyes, the object stopped moving. It is a giant wolf.

“What’s going on here? Am I disturbed by some spirit or attack by a wolf?”

“Muhahahaha” Puck looked at the direction where the voice came from. He saw there were foot prints showing and directing to the Iohoda City. For every pair of foot print, there was another round shape hole, looks like the poked-print by the stick.

“Foot print? Stick?..... Ah, staff! Are you Seraphim?” Puck yelled.

“Muhahaha……..” the voice got further and further away.

Puck quickly ran to the plants, found the most beautiful golden rose, picked it down and went home.

The apprenticed wizard happily enjoy her drink at woon’s bar desk. She expected something great could happen tonight.

Very soon the door opened. K-T walked in, he sat beside the AW, and sighed, “No result! I can’t find the player!”

AW smiled and suggested, “Maybe you should come and see me in day light, I may give you good blessing.”

K-T shook his shoulder and walked back to the room. Myrddin entered. “Where the hell he could be?”

“Who?” AW asked. Myrddin shook his head, “Never mind, I gain nothing tonight!”

“Wow, what a waste.” AW watched Myrddin walking back to the room.

“Oh my god! I missed the chance! Where could the player be?” Zuchious walked in angrily.

“You?” AW pondered.

“2 nights! For 2 nights I couldn’t find my target!” Zuchious showed the ‘2’ sign with his fingers.

“Another wastage?” AW sighed, and watched Zuchious walked to first floor.

“2 nights! For 2 nights I couldn’t find my target!”

“You not need to repeat twice, Zuchious.” AW replied.

“Not Zuchious, it is Drakone who said it this time!” woon pointed to the entrance. Drakone just entered in the most furious manner.

“Don’t stare at me! I am not in good mood!” Drakone warned woon and AW, before he walked to his room too.

“Wow! What a wasteful night!” AW talked to woon.

“Well, they made the decision, they bear the consequences.” Woon consoled AW.

Night 7 ends, no player get killed.

Regain your HP accordingly to your level.

Owner to the inn: woon

Player:

1. GC

2. Dms172

3. Raeymond

4. Impervious (Seraphim)

5. SomeGuy

6. Kat

7. ST

8. renan

9. IDNE

10. Riranor

Day 7

Below are the 6 NPC:

NPC A: Christmas coming? Cannot be, I remember I have just eaten the turkey not long ago.

NPC B: I like your earrings. Are they made from seashell?

NPC C: Riddle time, if a donkey walks to the east 5km, then north 4 km and west 3 km. Where does its tail point to?

NPC D: Anyone want some fresh bread? Nice to be served with butter, honey, or apricot jam.

NPC E: I am sailing. I am sailing. By using my yacht, that I have made by my own.

NPC F: Yes, in Iohoda City, you are free to kill a warrior, no license needed.

Warriors, make your 2 choices!

For those who want to do trading, straight away name what you want to buy or sell.

For those who will meet the Magical warrior second time, speak the element or color you want to be.

Good luck.

Edited by woon