BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Yoruichi-san

Question

One day, Y-san was eating lunch in the cafeteria with her friend D.D., who was lamenting the state of the economy. "Yeah, it's so hard finding a job these days," D.D. said, stabbing a lettuce leaf with her fork. "But my friend J.J. was really lucky! He was passing by this shop the other day and he saw a 'Help Wanted' sign so he went in and asked about it...and they hired him on the spot! They must have been desperate, because he's a total slacker too...all he does is spent all his time playing online Blackjack. Today, he even had the audacity to rub it in my face by sending some screen-shots to me." D.D. crushed the helpless lettuce leaf. "Geez, I wish I had been the one to pass by that store, 'The RH League' or something..."

Y-san, who had been playing with her chopsticks, her mind lost in thought about her current project, perked up to attention at hearing the store name. Her golden eyes glanced up at her friend curiously. "Hmm...can I see these screen-shots?"

D.D. shrugged, but pulled out her laptop and opened the e-mail with the attachments. The screen-shots in question showed in the player's hand:

King of Clubs, Queen of Hearts

3 of Spades, 2 of Diamonds, King of Spades, 3 of Diamonds

Queen of Diamonds, 9 of Spades

6 of Hearts, 2 of Clubs, 5 of Spades, 9 of Clubs

Ace of Hearts, 7 of Spades, 8 of Diamonds, 6 of Diamonds

5 of Clubs, 4 of Spades, Ace of Spades

6 of Hearts, Ace of Clubs, 6 of Spades, 5 of Hearts

2 of Hearts, 9 of Spades, Queen of Clubs

Queen of Spades, 5 of Spades, 7 of Clubs

Ace of Spades, Queen of Spades

7 of Spades, Ace of Clubs

King of Clubs, 2 of Spades, Queen of Clubs

9 of Spades, Ace of Diamonds, 7 of Clubs

D.D. sighed. "Yeah, he spends all his time 'working' playing Blackjack online...such a cushy job..." Then she glanced at the screen and her lips formed an even deeper pout. "And he's not even good at it! Look at that last round...he hit on a 20...he's an idiot!"

Y-san shook her head. "No...," she mused. "He's actually a genius." She smiled at D.D. enigmatically and added, "I think perhaps we should give Police Chief Leroy a call...he's going to be interested to see this..."

13 answers to this question

One day, Y-san was eating lunch in the cafeteria with her friend D.D., who was lamenting the state of the economy. "Yeah, it's so hard finding a job these days," D.D. said, stabbing a lettuce leaf with her fork. "But my friend J.J. was really lucky! He was passing by this shop the other day and he saw a 'Help Wanted' sign so he went in and asked about it...and they hired him on the spot! They must have been desperate, because he's a total slacker too...all he does is spent all his time playing online Blackjack. Today, he even had the audacity to rub it in my face by sending some screen-shots to me." D.D. crushed the helpless lettuce leaf. "Geez, I wish I had been the one to pass by that store, 'The RH League' or something..."

Y-san, who had been playing with her chopsticks, her mind lost in thought about her current project, perked up to attention at hearing the store name. Her golden eyes glanced up at her friend curiously. "Hmm...can I see these screen-shots?"

D.D. shrugged, but pulled out her laptop and opened the e-mail with the attachments. The screen-shots in question showed in the player's hand:

D.D. sighed. "Yeah, he spends all his time 'working' playing Blackjack online...such a cushy job..." Then she glanced at the screen and her lips formed an even deeper pout. "And he's not even good at it! Look at that last round...he hit on a 20...he's an idiot!"

Y-san shook her head. "No...," she mused. "He's actually a genius." She smiled at D.D. enigmatically and added, "I think perhaps we should give Police Chief Leroy a call...he's going to be interested to see this..."

Kind of a lot of cards for a blackjack hand...

Xucam - he was holding it with one hand - he threw the other in - he was a leper.

there is another game going round called black jack, which consists of wild cards that have other abilities - starting with seven each and first to discard all wins, also called Twizzle or our version - 'Sorry Debs'.... poor Deborah.

<_<

maybe he was counting cards.

He hit on twenty so the dealer would get bust...

but counting cards isn't illegal so it probably something else...

At first glance

Is at zero, or close to it. Nothing to go on in that direction... or is there? With Y-San that could be more significant than just to rule out counting.

I am guessing that D.D. is only assuming that J.J. is boasting about his job by sending the screen shots and is actually trying to send a message to D.D. with the screen shots. It is supposedly an online game, would counting cards work online? Obviously there is something illegal going on, which is why they get the Police Chief.

This is my first post on Brainden!!

My guess is RH stands for Robin Hood...so stealing from the rich to give to the poor...some somehow this company probably rigs online blackjack games to steal rich people's money and give it to poor people....

That's just my guess, could be way off.

I think there are a few cards missing, the following hands might make more sense

3 of Spades, 2 of Diamonds, King of Spades, 3 of Diamonds, Ace of Clubs

Ace of Hearts, Queen of Diamonds

9 of Spades, 6 of Hearts, 2 of Clubs

5 of Spades, 9 of Clubs, Ace of Hearts

7 of Spades, 8 of Diamonds, 6 of Diamonds

2 of Hearts, Ace of Diamonds, 7 of Hearts

6 of Spades, 2 of Hearts, 5 of Diamnds

9 of Spades, Queen of Clubs

My company is being used as a front for illegal gambling

Clubs and Spades are letters A to M starting with the ace. Hearts and Diamnonds are letters N to Z starting with the Ace.

I think there are a few cards missing, the following hands might make more sense

3 of Spades, 2 of Diamonds, King of Spades, 3 of Diamonds, Ace of Clubs

Ace of Hearts, Queen of Diamonds

9 of Spades, 6 of Hearts, 2 of Clubs

5 of Spades, 9 of Clubs, Ace of Hearts

7 of Spades, 8 of Diamonds, 6 of Diamonds

2 of Hearts, Ace of Diamonds, 7 of Hearts

6 of Spades, 2 of Hearts, 5 of Diamnds

9 of Spades, Queen of Clubs

My company is being used as a front for illegal gambling

Clubs and Spades are letters A to M starting with the ace. Hearts and Diamnonds are letters N to Z starting with the Ace.

Very nicely done. Quickest I've seen one of Y-San's get done in quite a while. Welcome to the Den.

But what's the RH stand for??

Very nicely done. Quickest I've seen one of Y-San's get done in quite a while. Welcome to the Den.

But what's the RH stand for??

Thanks for the welcome. I have to say that I really never considered the significance of the RH in solving the riddle but I suppose it could mean

Red High

Kind of a lot of cards for a blackjack hand...

That's why it's screen-shotS, plural ;P

Thanks for the welcome. I have to say that I really never considered the significance of the RH in solving the riddle but I suppose it could mean

Red High

Nice job finding the solution...and if you are curious about the RH League...well, that's elementary, my dear Watson ;).

That's why it's screen-shotS, plural ;P

Nice job finding the solution...and if you are curious about the RH League...well, that's elementary, my dear Watson ;) .

I'll have to read that one. Looks like a very clever tie-in, according to the summary I read.