BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

Question

A dead body was found in a camp the middle of an african desert.

He aparently was sleeping in a tent alone. There were no visibile hurts or bites in the body. No blood at all.

With the body was found a compass (a very simple one, made in canada), a not working gps (maybe low batteries), a map (with handwriten numbered points 1-4 in black and one point wiht the number 1700 in red. Not many details, the one intersting detail is a small river that crosses de map and passes between the 2 and 3 points), an empty bottle, a broken hammer (very bad quality one) and a lot of animal s*** (lots!). The guy was using some s*** as a pillow and had some over his head too.

Questions:

1) What was the guy doing there? (details using the things found with it)

2) What is the cause of death?

Thats my first riddle, so you can make me questions and Ill answer as I can. I dont know if its good or not, let see what you think of it B))

• Answers 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

A dead body was found in a camp the middle of an african desert.

He aparently was sleeping in a tent alone. There were no visibile hurts or bites in the body. No blood at all.

With the body was found a compass (a very simple one, made in canada), a not working gps (maybe low batteries), a map (with handwriten numbered points 1-4 in black and one point wiht the number 1700 in red. Not many details, the one intersting detail is a small river that crosses de map and passes between the 2 and 3 points), an empty bottle, a broken hammer (very bad quality one) and a lot of animal s*** (lots!). The guy was using some s*** as a pillow and had some over his head too.

Questions:

1) What was the guy doing there? (details using the things found with it)

2) What is the cause of death?

Thats my first riddle, so you can make me questions and Ill answer as I can. I dont know if its good or not, let see what you think of it B))

What is an 's***'? :mellow:

Or is finding that part of the riddle <_<

An old senile man wandered into the desert, carried a compass, map and gps since he thought he would need them, wrote gibberish on a map. He got drunk (hence the empty bottle) and thought the poo was something other than what it was and died of old age. He used the hammer to hammer in the stakes of his tent and broke it while hammering.

An old senile man wandered into the desert, carried a compass, map and gps since he thought he would need them, wrote gibberish on a map. He got drunk (hence the empty bottle) and thought the poo was something other than what it was and died of old age. He used the hammer to hammer in the stakes of his tent and broke it while hammering.

good answer.

well - erm

if head covered in elephant poo then somehow he got his head stuck up an elephants bottom and suffocated? tho what led up to that i dont know !

No.

He himself put the poo over his head.

:o

So let be it: you people think and ill say something to help ;)

Gunna take a shot at this. ;)

I'm thinking the 1700 could be cordinates because 17 north and 00 easr or west puts you some miles north of gao, Mali, Africa which is pretty much desert but there is still an airport close to Gao so its accesible if he comes from canada. also the niger river is right on Gao as for the four points maybe some cities, possible animal locations(like elephants) trying to hunt his compass isnt that trusty and his gps runs out and he cant find his way back doesn't have any water an empty bottle tries to stay cool in a tent but starts to hilucinate and and sees poo or maybe what he thinks water and smothers himself with it.

Answers in red inside the spoilers!

Here are some quick questions (can you just stick with yes / no answers as it's more intriquing that way?):

a number designating quantity?no

an address? no

a date? no

But of course its realated to why he was here. Maybe Ill draw the map and it will be more easy (cant do now because Im at work =b). Keep trying, youre doing a good job.

Gunna take a shot at this. ;)

I'm thinking the 1700 could be cordinates because 17 north and 00 easr or west puts you some miles north of gao, Mali, Africa which is pretty much desert but there is still an airport close to Gao so its accesible if he comes from canada. also the niger river is right on Gao as for the four points maybe some cities, possible animal locations(like elephants) trying to hunt his compass isnt that trusty and his gps runs out and he cant find his way back doesn't have any water an empty bottle tries to stay cool in a tent but starts to hilucinate and and sees poo or maybe what he thinks water and smothers himself with it.

Very good job! But 1700 isnt a coordinate and points aren't related with cities or animals. The gps runs out battery (thats right), and the compass really works, but theres some problem related to where its was made (thats a hint!). Youre very close with your poo theory!

The fellow must be imitating the host of Man Vs. Wild. And died trying to experiment with an Elephant's sh**. Or maybe the elephant must have killed him annoyingly.

:D:D:D:D

Hum, its a good answer... He isnt imitating, but there is something related with it. keep on this track, make some right searchs and you will get to the answer for this part.

post-12506-1232108400.jpg

Thats the map, very simple. I add a new point, it will help you figure out the 1700. You already have lot of things to think about, maybe now you'll solve this one B))

EDIT: sorry, I forgot 2 important things: first, the map has a coordinate grid (so that could be used with the gps). Second, the body was found in the point number 4.

Edited by renan

So, the points on the map are probably his stop points or oases, or something of the sort..

The red 1700, & 0900, are times... maybe that's how long it took him to get from 1 point to another..

As for the poop...

well, he couldv'e been really cold and decided to cover his head in poop..? yeah, i don't know..

So, the points on the map are probably his stop points or oases, or something of the sort..

The red 1700, & 0900, are times... maybe that's how long it took him to get from 1 point to another..

As for the poop...

well, he couldv'e been really cold and decided to cover his head in poop..? yeah, i don't know..

Time, thats right!

For the poo, there is a good motive for it. The guy whasnt crazy. Think like this: What could make you put elephants poo over your head?

And now a very interesting spoiler:

This history really happend to a friend of mine

:o , of course he didnt die and I changed it a litte ;) .

Properties of elephant poo - be on the net - used for paper, bricks, and warmth no clue about about remedial - sunblock maybe - and may have some abilty to warn off other animals/insects

or a zoo keeper that misses his okd friends - did not expect to find the ppop ther - must have taken it with him

Properties of elephant poo - be on the net - used for paper, bricks, and warmth no clue about about remedial - sunblock maybe - and may have some abilty to warn off other animals/insects

or a zoo keeper that misses his okd friends - did not expect to find the ppop ther - must have taken it with him

Hum <_< ... Try an interesting caracteristic of a fresh elephants poo. When you find it you will know, and some ohter things in this history will make sense.

:)

Elephant dung contains seeds and fruit that were not digested by the elephants digestive system. The dung also repels mosquitos, some of which carry malaria.

Was the man trying to get food or repel mosquitos?

he is headed in the wrong direction because the compass is for the north not the sout so he can not find his way back to the river to get more water. So he covers him self in dung to absorb the moisture. But he froze to death after the sun wnet down.