BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

peace*out

Question

• Answers 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Shapeshifting or transformation.

Once able to alter my shape into that of another i could easily gain attributes of that shape. (ex: bird: fly, fish: breathe under water) i could also imitate the likeness of others and do my evil :D

Shapeshifting or transformation.

Once able to alter my shape into that of another i could easily gain attributes of that shape. (ex: bird: fly, fish: breathe under water) i could also imitate the likeness of others and do my evil :D

I was kinda thinking that as transformation, and shape shifter being able to control whether your tall or short...

Well, my personal favorite would be telekinesis. I'm not completely sure why, I just think that there is a lot of potential for that. And it would be awesome. :P

Teleportation is good too, maybe my second favorite. Or maybe walking through walls... :D

I'm surprised no one's mentioned invincibility, that would also be nice, though probably not an every day sorta thing.

Telepathy would be interesting, but I wouldn't really want to know what other people are thinking.

Flying would be cool for a while, but it would get old fast, and besides ease of travel, it has little use (teleportation would be better). You couldn't even fly very high because of the air pressure.

Time manipulation would also be fun, but it can create many paradoxes. Though what would be awesome would be if you could speed up or slow down time for individual things or as a whole. Then you could move places in a matter of seconds, or sit through a boring presentation for just a minute. Or you could make a tree grow up quickly, then take forever to die. That ability would also be cool to have.

And shape-shifting? That's just weird. There are many better super powers than that.

Yeah, I think I'm sticking with telekinesis. So many possibilities...but there are many others that I wouldn't mind having. :P

Mind Abilities.

You could read others mind, change their thinking and actions, know their deepest plans, contact others near and far away, even animals!

You could convince anyone to do anything! like your parents into letting you stay on brainden permently...

Theres a series of books that the characters have mind abilities... called the Obernewtyn series by Isobelle Carmody. Anyone heard of it? They're my favourite books... :P

edit: grammer

Edited by clozobozo

Ohhh teleportation. Far too cool. However, I would prefer it in a form where kinetic energy is not conserved from before and after the jump. For instance, if I am falling off a building and then teleport to land, I don't want to still go *splat*.

Ohhh teleportation. Far too cool. However, I would prefer it in a form where kinetic energy is not conserved from before and after the jump. For instance, if I am falling off a building and then teleport to land, I don't want to still go *splat*.

yeah probably a good addition.

I'd have to go with transformation, that way I could turn into someone with a different superpower! :P

Second would have to go to being able to make it snow all the time; you can never get enough snow! :lol:

I'd have to go with transformation, that way I could turn into someone with a different superpower! :P

Second would have to go to being able to make it snow all the time; you can never get enough snow! :lol:

Say that when you're shoveling a 100 ft drive way with 10+'' of snow on it.....in Southern California!!!! Ridiculous.

But sine you say that i'll just have to transform into my flying tiger, pick you up to shovel my driveway for me :)

The ability to control air and water :)

self-explanitory

That would be pretty cool, imagine if someone was getting on your nerves - next moment they can't breathe, their eyeballs are popping out cos they're standing in a vacuum! Yeah you could have fun with that...

The ability to stop time is much overrated if you ask me. I do actually have this ability but when I stop time I am unable to move, same as everybody else (why? because movement requires time, it's physically impossible to move without time), so I just sit, stand (or hang in mid-air) thinking "well this is a bit dull isn't it, may as well let time carry on now" (except I can't really think since technically that also requires movement, so I'm just kind of perceiving), and then I restart it and things just move on as normal. Most useless superpower in the world. Don't believe all you see on TV, how does Hiro walk around as if there was a normal force of gravity working on him?

Now what would be good is the ability to slow your perception of time (ie. make your brain go quicker) so everything you do is perfectly thought out. Imagine if you were in a conversation/fight/disco and every move you made was perfect because you had all the time you needed to think it over...

Wow, actually looking at the list I seem to have acquired most of these powers though I have not mastered all of them. Here is my superpower status so far:

FLY: Got this down, I am not only fly but occasionally super-fly. I am also sick, dope, and badass.

INVISIBLE: I managed this briefly (example), but alas I am unable to control this power.

SHAPE SHIFTER: I can only do this slowly, by exercising less and drinking more beer.

AGE SHIFTER: Only managed that in one direction so far but I'm working on it.

TRANSFORMATION: How is that different from shape shifting?

STRENGTH: I have some of that, but not as much as other superheroes.

CAN MAKE IT SNOW: If only. But this year there's plenty anyway so no problem.

FREEZE THINGS: I can make my own ice lollies. I could probably freeze bigger things like people if I had a chest freezer.

MELT THINGS: I can melt frozen things. It usually takes a while but I can make it happen instantly if I also activate my turning night into day power (see below).

TURN NIGHT INTO DAY AND VICE VERSA: I am so good at this. I've got it down completely. The trick is to run into a wall at just the right speed and hey presto, suddenly it's night-time, or the other way round. I spent all of last week practising this. With great power comes great responsibility, you've got to make sure you don't run at the wall too fast or you time-shift to the following week and maybe teleport into a hospital bed as well.

STOPPING TIME: Pointless

TELEPORTATION: See "night into day", not one I have complete control over.

OTHER: I can make really good omelettes.

Now what would be good is the ability to slow your perception of time (ie. make your brain go quicker) so everything you do is perfectly thought out. Imagine if you were in a conversation/fight/disco and every move you made was perfect because you had all the time you needed to think it over...

Actually I've been wondering for quite some time If someone could train their brain to actually do than on command.

Don't forget octopuppy brain requires fuel (glucose) so doing that frequently would make you collapse... slowly :lol:

And in addition of speeding up, how about slowing down your brain, hence speeding up your perception... when you are on a boring meeting, or waiting at the doctors appointment... sitting on a boring date where you only "listen" and the other side does all the talking (about them selves)... slow brain down, speed up perception... now that would be perfect. :D

EDIT: Previous post :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edited by andromeda

Actually I've been wondering for quite some time If someone could train their brain to actually do than on command.
Well, it happens when you have an adrenalin rush - everything seems to go slowly. All you need is more adrenalin! But when that happens you see the limitations of this power - even though you see everything happen in slow-mo your own ability to move is similarly slow so it's usually "ooooooohhhh ccrrrraaaappp.... ccccrrrruuuuunnnnnccccchhhh..... ttthhhaaatttt'''ssss ggggoooiiiinnngggg ttttooo hhhuuuuurrrrtttt...."

And in addition of speeding up, how about slowing down your brain, hence speeding up your perception... when you are on a boring meeting, or waiting at the doctors appointment... sitting on a boring date where you only "listen" and the other side does all the talking (about them selves)... slow brain down, speed up perception... now that would be perfect. :D
Careful what you wish for. As you get older this happens naturally, and I often find myself wondering where the last 5 years went!