BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

andromeda

Question

“OK! I disabled the motion detector... I think it’s safe to go in now”, Andromeda silently creept through the balcony door into the immense library.

“You THINK it’s safe?” Grayven wasn’t comfortable with Andromeda’s lack of confidence.

“Schhhhh... keep your voice down! It’s even bigger than I remember”, Andromeda took off her balaclava to look around.

“Now what?” Grayven was in a hurry to get this over with.

“I have no idea... I was hoping that I’ll know what to do once I’m in... but... sorry...” Andromeda apologized.

“Great... instead of being home with my wife, I’m here... in a billionaire’s mansion stealing artifacts...” Grayven was second guessing his decision to accompany his friend in her crazy endeavor.

“We are not stealing... we are only breaking and entering. Besides, I only want what’s rightfully mine. Grandma left that statue to me! It’s my legacy!” Andromeda was convinced that she was doing the right thing.

“OK...” Grayven sighed. “What now?”

“Well... um... we’ll just take a look around... we only have to find the safe and crack the code to open it” she replied.

“It’s a good thing we scheduled dealing with the effects of global warming, curing the plague and saving the world from an asteroid for some other day of the week, cause seriously I don’t know how in the world would we be able to manage all of that in one night?!” Grayven’s sarcasm was always entertaining Andromeda... but not this time. She pierced his eyes with a long stare and squeezed out through her teeth “Go look around!”

“Alright grumpy”, Grayven took her ‘advice’ a started silently pacing around the library until they both ended up at the large desk.

“Wasn’t she pretty” said Andromeda holding her Grandma’s photo. “When Grandpa died she remarried to this guy, they spent little less than three years together before she died and he just didn’t want to give up any of her possessions to her family and she promised me that I can have that statue, but he wouldn’t listen...”

“Andro... what does this picture represent?” Grayven took a weird photo off the desk.

n1348292115_207640_3916.jpg

“I have no idea?!” she replied.

“I think it’s a picture puzzle” Grayven’s eyes sparkled, “I think I know what it says!”

Grayven went to the book shelf and without hesitation pulled a certain book. The wall silently opened to reveal a massive safe. Andromeda greeted his discovery with a big happy grin. “I knew I didn’t bring you with me just to hold the flash light!”

“Don’t thank me yet. We are only half way there” Grayven was reserved.

“OK, what now? Seriously, I have never seen a four digit safe keypad” Andromeda’s enthusiasm suddenly dissipated.

n1348292115_207639_3773.jpg

“Well maybe we should just use the picture puzzle solution” said Grayven and started to punch in the numbers.

What book did Grayven pull?

What numbers did he punch in?

:)

No math, anagrams and funny stuff

;)
Edited by andromeda

the frame is a row reference and isle reference in the library and the book was - her own reciepes?
- guessing

No

i think the numbers were

No

you may be right. the backwards S could be a 2 and the backwards E a 3

No...

why is it "backwards"??

Maybe the book was:)
about copying because the two pictures were duplicates

The exact title will be necessary!

Oh... come on guys... I wouldn't make it that obvious! ;)

The picture comprises 2 windows and sunlight(light) is falling on an edge of the part marked S of each window. So E may indicate East, the Sun rising and casting it's rays on the part with S. So maybe the book is about the Nazi organization, SS which is located on the bookshelf, to the east of the lamp or opposite to the window, from which the rising sun can be seen.

Just guessing. Hey! But the location's good. :P

Does it simply indicate South-east?

is it a real book or something you just made up?

Real book! Everyone should have heard about it.

Just guessing. Hey! But the location's good. :P

Does it simply indicate South-east?

The picture comprises 2 windows and sunlight(light) is falling on an edge of the part marked S of each window. So E may indicate East, the Sun rising and casting it's rays on the part with S. So maybe the book is about the Nazi organization, SS which is located on the bookshelf, to the east of the lamp or opposite to the window, from which the rising sun can be seen.

Wow... nice conclusions! :D

To be honest I was to lazy to remove the sunlight and I was hoping that you won't pay attention to that. S is just an S and E is just an E! They don't stand for anything.

;)

Edited by andromeda

Windows like that open from the inside out, so you'd have to be inside the house to open/close them. Closed, from the inside, the window reads (backwards) E, (backwards) S.

Is it relevant that there are two windows? Could this be done with just one?

Does it mean go to section "E" of the library, look under "S", and look for a book with the initials "ES"?

Books everyone knows of: The dictionary, the thesaurus, the bible (well, not everyone, but the majority of people living in my country), ... Ender's Game? Does this have to do with the book club?!

Windows like that open from the inside out, so you'd have to be inside the house to open/close them. Closed, from the inside, the window reads (backwards) E, (backwards) S.

Is it relevant that there are two windows? Could this be done with just one?

Does it mean go to section "E" of the library, look under "S", and look for a book with the initials "ES"?

Books everyone knows of: The dictionary, the thesaurus, the bible (well, not everyone, but the majority of people living in my country), ... Ender's Game? Does this have to do with the book club?!

I repeat!!! E stands for E, S stands for S. Those are not acronyms nor indicating where the book is. Those are just two letters E and S! THAT'S ALL!

It's a specific book that has nothing to do with the book club.

It's relevant that there are two windows, but you only need one of them.

Inside/outside does not matter. When you close the window from your perspective, what does it say, and then what does it mean when you put it back the way it was.