BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

Let's get the book club started! ~for once ;) First book that gets 5 votes will be our first book to read and discuss. If you really want another book that isn't listed in the Poll, then post it and if 4 other people post that book as well, then that will be the one we read. I'm not sure how long it takes everyone to read, also these books vary greatly in length, so I guess just start discussing when you're done. When we've beaten the book to death, we can move on to the next one B)) and have a new poll and new topic for it. Here's to BD's Book Club! *cheers*

• Answers 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

This thread is apparently dead, but for anyone who can't find anything to read, or feel like something that differs from the norm, I've just read the best 4 books of my life so far. The Red Riding Quartet by David Peace was unlike anything I have ever read, it was unbelievable in every sense of the word. It begins with 1974, then continues with 1977 and 1980, and culminates in 1983. Unfortunately I'm no critic, so I can't explain too well why it is a masterpiece, but I thought I should at least let people know about a series that has completely changed how I think about literature. :)

* GEB - I'm already partway through this, and it's huge, and may not appeal to everyone. Just getting that out there ;D

I'm reading another book by Douglas Hofstadter at the minute; Metamagical Themas. I only realised the other day it was him who wrote GEB :rolleyes: .

I'll be honest - it'll depend on the book(s).

Maybe it would be better to get a list of books for the year & do one book every 2 weeks or every month - that way everyone knows in advance which is happening when, & they can participate if they want. Also gives people plenty of time to *find* the books.

Ill do it pick a book by tomorrow if you can as im gonna be sitting on a beach in cuba after that, it would be a good time to read :)

read harry potter. or go online and look for the awards books.

again, i really like looking for alaska (it got an award in 2006!), but i warn: its not horrably adultish, but its not 10 year old material.

I'll be honest - it'll depend on the book(s).

Maybe it would be better to get a list of books for the year & do one book every 2 weeks or every month - that way everyone knows in advance which is happening when, & they can participate if they want. Also gives people plenty of time to *find* the books.

I did like when we had suggestions, although thats a good idea, which i think we should do if we dont have as many suggestions...

ETA: We have the poll above, i think we should read all those books before moving on. just an idea. Especially Angels and Demons, because i havent read that, and i want to. :P

I read I Am Number Four, which is being made into a movie, and i liked the book. It's YA, but it was good too. :)

Edited by peace*out