BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

Let's get the book club started! ~for once ;) First book that gets 5 votes will be our first book to read and discuss. If you really want another book that isn't listed in the Poll, then post it and if 4 other people post that book as well, then that will be the one we read. I'm not sure how long it takes everyone to read, also these books vary greatly in length, so I guess just start discussing when you're done. When we've beaten the book to death, we can move on to the next one B)) and have a new poll and new topic for it. Here's to BD's Book Club! *cheers*

• Answers 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Then shall we try City of ember for the next book? But, lets wait for star tiger, peace*out, Kat, andromeda, dms172, and clozobozo to finish k? ^_^ ^-^

It's Kat, please and thank you...and I'm GETTING THERE -_- I'm on Chapter 14, so XD I'll be done very soon. I actually liked this book more than I thought I would...I'm usually a sci fi hater o.O

Also, City of Ember was amazing XD I read it a couple of years ago, the movie didn't do it justice IMO...I'd read it again *but lets finish this one first XD*

<(^-^)>

well we'll have a new vote with new books :) I'll probably submit a few (Slaughterhouse 5, Pendragon, Fly By Night and City of Ember) ;D

I only watched the movie, but haven't read the book (I didn't even know there was a book until after the movie came out!) I've never read a book after seeing the movie version, and I think that may effect my judgement on the writing. Never tried it though...

When are we starting the discussion on Ender's Game?

It's Kat, please and thank you...and I'm GETTING THERE -_- I'm on Chapter 14, so XD I'll be done very soon. I actually liked this book more than I thought I would...I'm usually a sci fi hater o.O

Also, City of Ember was amazing XD I read it a couple of years ago, the movie didn't do it justice IMO...I'd read it again *but lets finish this one first XD*

<(^-^)>

You're a sci fi hater? :o:P

I liked it from the end of Chapter 1, and I almost cried at the end of the first Peter and Ender scene. So far, I just passed the Giant's Drink part, so I'm still at the beginning :(

I only watched the movie, but haven't read the book (I didn't even know there was a book until after the movie came out!) I've never read a book after seeing the movie version, and I think that may effect my judgement on the writing. Never tried it though...

When are we starting the discussion on Ender's Game?

I think you should read the book and it's even better to see the movie first because if you read the book first and then you go to see the movie you get disappointed. But if you watch to movie first and then read the book... :)

Edited by andromeda

just my luck... went to the library... it had 1 copy... and it was out...

anyone else from brainden gone and borrowed it so i cant have it??

im watching you....

so im going to have to sit this book out... have fun!

Haha, Clozo, I was thinking the same thing when I went to get mine *luckily I put it on hold*...is there some obscure Braindenizen who goes to my library and it signing this book out? *Sees no holds on the book* Apparently not :)

<(^-^)>

:lol: , they had 4 free copies in my library :P you guys should come and live here ;)

edit: and thanks for the comments, UR and Andro! I'll probably read City of Ember as soon as I get all the other books out of the way :D

Edited by star_tiger

:lol: , they had 4 free copies in my library :P you guys should come and live here ;)

This one :) <

edit: and thanks for the comments, UR and Andro! I'll probably read City of Ember as soon as I get all the other books out of the way :D

So shall I :) I hear it's a great book! Btw, can you guess where my avatar is from?

Edited by Riddle Master Zack

I just noticed itachi-san hasn't posted recently, i hope he has the book and/or is finished :)

I would have sworn that I saw it in Angels and Demons...the Illuminati? (A&D is a great book as well! :P )

well we'll have a new vote with new books :) I'll probably submit a few (Slaughterhouse 5, Pendragon, Fly By Night and City of Ember) ;D

just a thought.. can we put the authors' names with the books' names next time a poll starts, or in the OP or something just to make it a bit easier :)

i tried looking for Ender's Game but my school library didn't have it, unfortunately :(

Edited by lemonymelon

just a thought.. can we put the authors' names with the books' names next time a poll starts, or in the OP or something just to make it a bit easier :)

i tried looking for Ender's Game but my school library didn't have it, unfortunately :(

I just googled the book and found out the author's name :P Have you checked any public libraries? Most of them should have Ender's Game since it's apparently a very popular book :D

Yay! I finally finished the book! ^_^ It was...wow it was amazing o.O The ending was good :) I'm debating on whether to get the next book or not, because I have a bunch of books I've gotten and haven't finished...and they're driving me crazy :wacko: I'll wait till most people finish...*glad to be in the group of finished readers*

<(^-^)>

Edit: I forgot my fox siggie :o

Edited by Kathleen

Yay! I finally finished the book! ^_^ It was...wow it was amazing o.O The ending was good :) I'm debating on whether to get the next book or not, because I have a bunch of books I've gotten and haven't finished...and they're driving me crazy :wacko: I'll wait till most people finish...*glad to be in the group of finished readers*

<(^-^)>

Edit: I forgot my fox siggie :o

^-^

I'll start a new poll when everyone's ready and we get some suggestions, k?

~RmZ

Edited by Riddle Master Zack