BrainDen.com - Brain Teasers

itachi-san

Question

Let's get the book club started! ~for once ;) First book that gets 5 votes will be our first book to read and discuss. If you really want another book that isn't listed in the Poll, then post it and if 4 other people post that book as well, then that will be the one we read. I'm not sure how long it takes everyone to read, also these books vary greatly in length, so I guess just start discussing when you're done. When we've beaten the book to death, we can move on to the next one B)) and have a new poll and new topic for it. Here's to BD's Book Club! *cheers*

• Answers 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Oh sorry Andromeda o.O I thought I had read everything I missed during my ban...guess I missed a page...wasn't sure what you were talking about until now...I'm sorry :( The last two sentences are...

"And always Ender carried with him a dry white cocoon, looking for the world where the hive-queen could awaken and thrive in peace. He looked a long time."

o.O Wonder what that means...? XD

<(^-^)>

Edited by bonanova
requested spoiler added

Dang...I thought I would have finished it faster D: I'm only on chapter...dang...12 I think...it'll definately be done by this weekend :) I'm babysitting tomorrow night, and since I'm there till 11...I'll be reading for a while XD

<(^-^)>

Why does reading speed matter? :huh:

Also it'll be fun to discuss, I'll wait til more people finish

Because...I really don't know o.O But I always feel good about how quickly I can finish a book :D

<(^-^)>

Edit: Messed up my fox signature *gasp :o*

Edited by Kathleen

Crap, I'm late getting into this one. I thought the thread was something about the first good book that we had ever read... I was going to suggest Orwell's 1984. Eh, lemme go back and check up on the discussion in the thread :P

Edit: well it looks like I'm coming in a little late for book #1. Hopefully I can get in on #2 :P

Edited by Brandonb

On Chapter 13 (of 15 for those who didn't know) :D No offence Izzy...but I don't think Ender's Game mafia would work...good luck with it...I'll stick with the classic mafias...but THIS IS NOT THE THREAD FOR MAFIA :) Thank you

<(^-^)>

I kinda don't have any time right now :( ... I started working :D but I have it and I'll read it when I get the time! :)

Same. With BD and school and an overload of tests and projects, I barely have the time to read a chapter a day. But it looks fantastic so far! I'm strangely reminded of the Giver, since in Ender's Game, it also creates a futuristic world that was created from a near end of the world situation...but I probably can't give a good reflection on the book until I finish the other 200 pages :rolleyes: